Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I find new tyres in this country ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ahmed.Sallam View Post
    contacted raad who transffered me to super cars abu dhabi they gave me initial quote of 8900 for changing four tyres with the club discount it reached 6000 and I was okay with that. I just discovered yesterday from another shop called gulf tyres that the price is way beyond that they sold me the same tyres for 5150 dhs and they had to order them from dubai(same as super cars who even charged me for that!!!) the only thing that stopped the deal after even paying down payment we discovered that the tyres we ordered some of it was from 2007 so i stopped it. the same happened to me before with super cars btw:)

budget is from 4000-6000 frankly more than that is starting to be too much. someone offered me continintal and claimed its better than pirelli and michellene but i didnt buy that. others talked about bridgestone but from what i heard from ppl here and there pirelli and michllene are the best so which other brands u reccomend that would give the same performance and quality?
    Nice topic.. excellent feedback
    1- Gulf Tyres buy The old stock from Pirelli distributors at a low prices ( That is why you will find his prices cheaper)
    2- I dont know how Pirelli Rip you off when you get a discount of 2900 dirhams ( 8900 to 6000 aprox 30%)
    3- Manufacturing of High Performance tyres is done in selected Factories, that is why you will not find sometimes 2009 production. it will not be manufactured in 2009. they will do Bulk in 2008 and then in June 2009 which needs a minimum of 4 month to arrive to our countries. ( even if our distributors order these tyres they will also recieve 2008 production).

off topic note, when you buy Tyres from the direct importer dont worry if they were even 3 years old ( there is a procedure for stocking the tyres.. not like buying them from a puncture shop that have the tyres around in the heat and in the sun... ( just always have your invoice from the direct importer so it will be under warranty.)
    PIRELLI Power Is Nothing Without Control

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pirelli View Post
      off topic note, when you buy Tyres from the direct importer dont worry if they were even 3 years old ( there is a procedure for stocking the tyres.. not like buying them from a puncture shop that have the tyres around in the heat and in the sun... ( just always have your invoice from the direct importer so it will be under warranty.)
      I never knew that .. thx for the info !!
      Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
      Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
      Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
      Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
      1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
      Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
      eMail:
      Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Originally posted by Pirelli View Post
        Nice topic.. excellent feedback
        1- Gulf Tyres buy The old stock from Pirelli distributors at a low prices ( That is why you will find his prices cheaper)
        2- I dont know how Pirelli Rip you off when you get a discount of 2900 dirhams ( 8900 to 6000 aprox 30%)
        3- Manufacturing of High Performance tyres is done in selected Factories, that is why you will not find sometimes 2009 production. it will not be manufactured in 2009. they will do Bulk in 2008 and then in June 2009 which needs a minimum of 4 month to arrive to our countries. ( even if our distributors order these tyres they will also recieve 2008 production).

raad thx for ur reply but when super cars sells me the same tyre with the same manufactuaring date 2007 for 9000 and gulf tyres who buys the same tyres from u with 2007 production date and being stored at perilli not at gulf tyres shop for 5000 what do u call it???sorry but at the end it is the same tyre!!!!! coz in stock in all ur records whats left is only two tyres for the same sizes for the front or a one 2009 one!!!

just to make things clear i didnt start this to complain about perrili at all in my openion there was no bad customer service here but a bad price again its ur baby u have the right to sell for 100000 i dont care thats ur right , but when i was asked by one of the club members i replied thats all :)
        my advise in future is to review ur prices when it comes to old stock not to sell it at the same price of new or at least give us the same price u give to gulf tyres without 30% i dont care:)
        sigpic
        :///M: More POWER Means More RESPONSIBILTIES .....at the end you ll pay ur freakin traffic fines like everybody so stop smoking whatever u have been smoking:smoke:

Comment

thx guys for ur support especially for SSense I found my tyres :)
          sigpic
          :///M: More POWER Means More RESPONSIBILTIES .....at the end you ll pay ur freakin traffic fines like everybody so stop smoking whatever u have been smoking:smoke:

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmed.Sallam View Post
            thx guys for ur support especially for SSense I found my tyres :)
            Ahmad let me know after you talk to the guy, the prices mentioned were with the installation..

Comment

Originally posted by RiFo View Post
              I never knew that .. thx for the info !!
              if you were with us in the Pirellievent you would have noticed this :D

Comment

^ I was with you guys .. but I was too busy trying to steal those Die-Cast models !!
                Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                eMail:
                Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

oK now Back to topic !

Comment

Originally posted by Bisho View Post
                    Dunloop is not good?
                    they are horrible

A.S. wut did u end getting?

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                      A.S. wut did u end getting?
                      Bruno Arbab Keefak

thx to ALi I have fixed it yesterday I found 2009 dated Michellene PS2 and fixed them yesterday at AL AIN with a good price:)

the car is completly diffrent car now in steering ,handling ,noise , :D lets say everything its a new car for me now and I enjoyed it to the max u can ask ali for how I did that though he would share u the horror experience:)
                      sigpic

Comment

mabrook bro.

Comment

Lol all i can say is, with the new tires Ahmad was about to end us up in the middle of a round about, tragedy was gonna take place :rofl:

Im glad you're satisfied with the new tires

P.S: Hold the hunger of pushing your car until the HPDS, you can take it out on the track ;)

Comment

Originally posted by M5drift View Post
                            mabrook bro.
                            thx m7amad how r u boss long time?

Originally posted by SSense View Post
                            Lol all i can say is, with the new tires Ahmad was about to end us up in the middle of a round about, tragedy was gonna take place :rofl:

Im glad you're satisfied with the new tires

P.S: Hold the hunger of pushing your car until the HPDS, you can take it out on the track ;)
                            man but if we did the same with any other car we would have ended up on the other side of the round about cutting through the middle of course!!!

thank good it was an M:D and lol at me i was not beliving there was minimal shakes on 200 speed so i kept looking on the guage to make sure!!! i forgot all about the coming round about hahahahahaha
                            sigpic

Comment

Congrats on the new tyres...

I'll chime in from my personal experience, not as a club president nor as an interested person with Pirelli's sales.

I've learned sad lessons when something like what you said happened happened to me. When it feels wrong, it is wrong Ahmed. There are many unknowns drivers community in general does not know about manufacturing tyres. The same tyre is sometimes manufactured in China, Egypt, Turkey, and Italy and dealers will tell you what was manufactured where. The different origins warrant different prices for obvious different production costs between the factories, but each factory, especially the expensive one, will use slightly different materials, QA procedures, testing, etc.

Therefore, and I'm speaking from my experience, when such a price difference exists between two "identical" tyres, you have to know that they did not roll out of the same factory. Fact. And I paid dearly for it once...

As for production dates, I have nothing to add to what Mr. Raad Haddad has told you. I have raced Pirelli Dragons in 2008 which were manufactured in 2005; 2 FULL track days, 6 rounds of Redline Challenge, 6 rounds of HPDS, 2 rounds of ADPCC Summer Series, AND daily driven them for 32,000km in the process and I still have to remember they have suffered from any defect. The Club is my witness to this.

I am not defending the interest of our first and most avid sponsor, though I should and in this case I believe it's in order, but I'm sharing my expertise with you since I see you're not fully aware of these details. I have personally took a look at the Pirelli dealers price lists and upon comparison you guys are getting the best deal in the UAE on Pirelli tyres. Otherwise, we wouldn't be affiliated with Pirelli. And it's not just the pricing you guys get, it's all the track support we continue to enjoy, their endless supply or tyres for the Club Car, and their willingness to offer us the best always.

I am grateful to their support and I have learned to wait out and see why something has happened before I issue an opinion. Most of the time my initial reaction proved to could've been wrong. I really hope you see now why this has all occurred.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                                Congrats on the new tyres...

I'll chime in from my personal experience, not as a club president nor as an interested person with Pirelli's sales.

I've learned sad lessons when something like what you said happened happened to me. When it feels wrong, it is wrong Ahmed. There are many unknowns drivers community in general does not know about manufacturing tyres. The same tyre is sometimes manufactured in China, Egypt, Turkey, and Italy and dealers will tell you what was manufactured where. The different origins warrant different prices for obvious different production costs between the factories, but each factory, especially the expensive one, will use slightly different materials, QA procedures, testing, etc.

Therefore, and I'm speaking from my experience, when such a price difference exists between two "identical" tyres, you have to know that they did not roll out of the same factory. Fact. And I paid dearly for it once...

As for production dates, I have nothing to add to what Mr. Raad Haddad has told you. I have raced Pirelli Dragons in 2008 which were manufactured in 2005; 2 FULL track days, 6 rounds of Redline Challenge, 6 rounds of HPDS, 2 rounds of ADPCC Summer Series, AND daily driven them for 32,000km in the process and I still have to remember they have suffered from any defect. The Club is my witness to this.

I am not defending the interest of our first and most avid sponsor, though I should and in this case I believe it's in order, but I'm sharing my expertise with you since I see you're not fully aware of these details. I have personally took a look at the Pirelli dealers price lists and upon comparison you guys are getting the best deal in the UAE on Pirelli tyres. Otherwise, we wouldn't be affiliated with Pirelli. And it's not just the pricing you guys get, it's all the track support we continue to enjoy, their endless supply or tyres for the Club Car, and their willingness to offer us the best always.

I am grateful to their support and I have learned to wait out and see why something has happened before I issue an opinion. Most of the time my initial reaction proved to could've been wrong. I really hope you see now why this has all occurred.
                                thx ayham for ur support today and am really gratefull that we got together finally and met most of our dear club memebers in a great event.

am not criticizing our sponsor at all my intention is not again and again was simpley when i openned this topic not to criticize anyone all what i wanted is a brand new tyres and still i insist after i saw the effect on the car it had improved in almost every aspect thats why i needed good tyres with good production date since am even willing to invest in that with no issues at all i was not even trying to bargain.

yes Pirelli has done great for the club and club memebers in all events and yes we know that they have quality and its not even our right to question what is their price list thats their baby they are allowed to sell with the price they think its just. It could be an indivisual sales man mistake it could be other issues my only concern is as a sponsor they should keep a good image with their fans and believe me it would double their benifits. The story is simple as this (i dont want ot go into an argument coz it doesnt matter i already bought my tyres)

simple logic i went to a very well known shop in Abu Dhabi and its not like a small shop its a very good shop with a good customer list and they have their quality and reputation to maintain as well not necessary on level with pirelli but good enough I have asked for Pirelli tyres (and btw people do buy pirelli a lot from them as well) they mentioned they would buy from Zafco trading which is the one who is handling super cars and Pirelli and they mentioned 2009 tyres with 5100 DHS from dubai but i got a call from them the same LAST TWO PIECES LEFT AT ZAFCO for 2007 is their do u want them or no?.the reason i stayed away from super cars although they maintained their support for the club with the 30% discount and the price was originally 8900 it went down to 6000 and i was happy with that from our sponsor but thats the same reason i stayed away simpley am buying am paying and am willing to pay and wait for new shippment but i want 2009 tyres simple as that I dont like headaches or think about minor issues.
                                two facts here is to be clarified:

1. Mr Raad Pirelli represntative previously on this thread mentioned that the same shop buys old tyres from Pirelli which in this case 2007 tyres.
                                2.Super Cars went through all their records and couldnt find any tyre but 2007 only with only 2 quantites left only the last 2 pieces in their store in Jebel Ali.

mentioned the above here is two nice questions to be asked and the points u have higlighted in ur reply:
                                1. Do Pirellii import two types of tyres one manufactured in China and that goes to that shop and the other manufactured in some good European country which we buy as BMW Club members from super cars and thats calrifies the diffrence of 4000 DHS in price?

2. If the answer to the above question is yes then ... How come accidently the last two pieces from my tyre size from two diffrent countries (lets assume that) accidently happen to be with the same manufacturing year??In my openion that means they are the same tyre and here where am like disappointed as a customer for that price diffrence.

Again I appologize for bugging you all with this boring subject and Pirelli if they want they can sell their tyres for 400000000 its their right i dont question that but i dont like to feel that am a total joke by someone. Thats my personal openion about this specific incident and it doesnt represent my openion about their sponsorship coz it has been enormous through out the club events and members:)
                                Last edited by Ahmed.Sallam; 26-09-2009, 07:47 PM. Reason: typo
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X