How much tyre pressure???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by simon*X View Post
    I am just asking myself what would be the best pressure for my tyres?

I am running 255/30/21 in the front and 295/25/21..

The reason why i am asking is because the last time when i changed my rear Tyres @ pirelli, the guys told me i was running low pressure!

Raad, i hope you can help me out:please:
    Hi Guys,

Check always on your Door panel for the tyre pressure, and if its not there it will be inside the fuel Tank cover..
    Evry car has a different tyre presure, there are alot of factors for the tyre presure, Tyre Load index, the weight of the car, the speed , the tempreture..etc

Always look for what is recommended from the car manufacturer and apply the Maximum...
    PIRELLI Power Is Nothing Without Control

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nabil View Post
      J, what u r saying is true, but i meant is for example, when COLD but in summer adjust to 32psi but in winter adjust to 35, cause in summer ur psi will jump to 35 after driving from 30, but in winter they will jump from 32 cause its colder, kapeesh?
      that reasoning seems iffy-the manufacturer obviously knows that the road surface temperature varies as one drives along to mention just one factor. if there was a different summer to winter variation in pressure, they would have told us. tyre pressures are adjusted when COLD as you say. adjusting to compensate for what u think the pressure will be as you drive seems pointless as this equates to adjusting the pressure when hot.

also, if that were not the case, why would pirelli just have said adjust to the MAXIMUM...

Think before you act.

Comment

As you like :)
        Meskovic
        this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

41F, 28R on my ride, but then it's just an Audi ;)

But i've noticed that despite not having any leaks in my tires, I usually need to top it up once a week :P

2006 Sprint Blue Audi RS4 : photography by lifegauge : Revo flash by TAM

Comment

Originally posted by Pirelli View Post
            Hi Guys,

Check always on your Door panel for the tyre pressure, and if its not there it will be inside the fuel Tank cover..
            Evry car has a different tyre presure, there are alot of factors for the tyre presure, Tyre Load index, the weight of the car, the speed , the tempreture..etc

Always look for what is recommended from the car manufacturer and apply the Maximum...
            Is the pressure supposed to be the same when moving from 18" rims to 19" rims? Or do we run higher pressure?

2006 Sprint Blue Audi RS4 : photography by lifegauge : Revo flash by TAM

Comment

Originally posted by ghoonk View Post
              Is the pressure supposed to be the same when moving from 18" rims to 19" rims? Or do we run higher pressure?
              If you look at the door Panel you will find the tyre presure for the OE on your car either 18" or 19" you will find the choices for both sizes..

but as an advice "when you go for bigger rims you will be using lower side walls, and if you want to protect your rims go for higher presure" so you wont dent your rims......
              PIRELLI Power Is Nothing Without Control

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X