How much tyre pressure???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much tyre pressure???

I am just asking myself what would be the best pressure for my tyres?

I am running 255/30/21 in the front and 295/25/21..

The reason why i am asking is because the last time when i changed my rear Tyres @ pirelli, the guys told me i was running low pressure!

Raad, i hope you can help me out:please:
    sigpic

Simon Motorsport L.L.C
    Dubai Investment Park 2
    The Curve Building Complex
    Warehouse No.1
    P.O Box 28638
    Dubai, United Arab Emirates
    Office: +97148830851
    Web: www.simonmotorsport.com
    Email: Franz@simonmotorsport.com
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/simonmotorsportdxb
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/simon_motorsport_dubai#

u need to check the pressure every week cos the expansion and contraction of the tyre means it will bleed pressure during normal driving. the road surface being v.hot doesnt help in Dubai. best solution is to get nitrogen and check it weekly.

the best pressure in your non-standard tyres should be judged by yourself. You could do the below: carry a gauge and fill on the high side. then wipe the tyre down then drive a few metres and have a look at the tyre afterwards and check how the dirt is being picked up-if it not even adjust accordingly until the tyre makes full contact, keeping in mind bimmers usually run with negative camber. otherwise just pick a number like 2.0 bar and see how it wears in a few months and adjust accordingly.

Think before you act.

Comment

Thats not a bad idea... yeah.. beemer usually have negativ camber and my one has extreme negative camber, also because of the lowering kit..
      sigpic

Simon Motorsport L.L.C
      Dubai Investment Park 2
      The Curve Building Complex
      Warehouse No.1
      P.O Box 28638
      Dubai, United Arab Emirates
      Office: +97148830851
      Web: www.simonmotorsport.com
      Email: Franz@simonmotorsport.com
      Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/simonmotorsportdxb
      Instagram: http://instagram.com/simon_motorsport_dubai#

Comment

For track I run 25-28psi upfront with 30-32psi in the rear, for street use I run 32psi all around. Try with 32psi and test what J said above...

1bar = 14.5psi

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
          For track I run 25-28psi upfront with 30-32psi in the rear, for street use I run 32psi all around. Try with 32psi and test what J said above...

1bar = 14.5psi
          Ayham, you run 32psi on your 18's...would that be suitable for my 19's too? Mine are up at around 35, and i do somtimes feel that the car is slightly less grippy than i'd expect it to be, expecially as i have new Hankook S1 Evo's...
          theeldestboy

Silver 2005 E46 M3 Convertible
          Alpine White 2004 E46 M3 Coupe
          Topaz Blue 2002 M-Spec 330ci Sport Convertible
          Blue 1998 318ti M-Spec Compact Sport

Comment

i run 30psi all around

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
              i run 30psi all around
              On 18s or 19s?
              theeldestboy

Silver 2005 E46 M3 Convertible
              Alpine White 2004 E46 M3 Coupe
              Topaz Blue 2002 M-Spec 330ci Sport Convertible
              Blue 1998 318ti M-Spec Compact Sport

Comment

19s

Comment

i used to run 30-32 psi for the street.. for both 18s & 19s :)

BMW history:
                  07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Guys u need to remember that those figues should change from summer to winter, as AIR expnads more in Summer than in winter
                    Meskovic
                    this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Originally posted by Nabil View Post
                      Guys u need to remember that those figues should change from summer to winter, as AIR expnads more in Summer than in winter
                      no... the pressure u are measuring is only the differential pressure so it matters not whether its summer or winter-the pressure, which is actually the pressure difference, should remain constant. i wont get into the science about density etc, but tyre pressure is tyre pressure-pumping up when your vehicle loaded is a special case: here the main reason is to stop low frequency vibrations which will lead to a blow out at speed. thankfully, the lower the profile, the lower the chances are of that happening.

Think before you act.

Comment

??!

What i know for a fact that it does make a difference as streets becoem really hot in summer, after a few kms of driving your tires will become hotter and hnece the tire pressure will increase, hence you will need to note that while filling air in ur tubes!
                        Meskovic
                        this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

nabil has a point. psi increases in hot weather... run 30psi and be on the safe side.

Comment

Originally posted by Nabil View Post
                            ??!

What i know for a fact that it does make a difference as streets becoem really hot in summer, after a few kms of driving your tires will become hotter and hnece the tire pressure will increase, hence you will need to note that while filling air in ur tubes!
                            all the literature i have read say NEVER decrease tyre pressures when HOT...
                            tyre pressures are always checked when COLD.
                            summer/winter adjustment of tyre pressure SHOULD occur when u check your tyre pressure WEEKLY so that there is not a big jump in pressure.

Think before you act.

Comment

J, what u r saying is true, but i meant is for example, when COLD but in summer adjust to 32psi but in winter adjust to 35, cause in summer ur psi will jump to 35 after driving from 30, but in winter they will jump from 32 cause its colder, kapeesh?
                              Meskovic

Comment

Working...
                              X