No announcement yet.

Sprint Booster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

but how's the 335 throttle response with sport button on?

BMW history:
    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

I believe it's better than the 330
      I can go with the M3 E92 from 0-150~160 (without launch control)
      but when the gear is on "D" not sport... I feel that it's a little bit slow
      that's y I'm asking :P
      sigpic

PP performance stage 2 software - active autowork downpipe - active autowork intercooler - dinan oil cooler - Hamann loud exhausts - Hamann full bodykit - BMW performance rims - BMW Performance steering wheel - BMW performance stripes

Comment

+1^
        I have installed the sprint booster in my car about 4-5 months back and I really feel the difference......
        Current: BMW E71 X6 M 2011 | Silverstone Exterior | Red Interior | 23" Hamann Unique Forged Wheel | Lumma Lowering Kit | Lumma Cat Back Exhaust | PP-Performance Down Pipe | PP-Performance ECU Tuning Stage#2 | Lumma Pedal Set

Monsters History:
        BMW E92 335i Coupe 2007: Stock
        BMW E92 M3 Coupe 2008: Upgraded to 460 HP
        BMW E64 650i Convertible 2009: Stock
        BMW E64 M6 Convertible 2008: Upgraded to 570 HP
        Mercedes CLK63 AMG Black Series 2008: Evosport Full Performance Package Stage#2 - 600+ HP

Comment

Autoblog had a review on this:

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/09/09/d...print-booster/

Read the comments as well.

2006 Sprint Blue Audi RS4 : photography by lifegauge : Revo flash by TAM

Comment

Originally posted by ghoonk View Post
            Autoblog had a review on this:

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/09/09/d...print-booster/

Read the comments as well.
            It is an interresting review however I have installed it and removed it many times by myself in order to feel the difference and I didn't face any problems while I am doing this.
            They are exashurating a litle bit....
            Current: BMW E71 X6 M 2011 | Silverstone Exterior | Red Interior | 23" Hamann Unique Forged Wheel | Lumma Lowering Kit | Lumma Cat Back Exhaust | PP-Performance Down Pipe | PP-Performance ECU Tuning Stage#2 | Lumma Pedal Set

Monsters History:
            Mercedes CLK63 AMG Black Series 2008: Evosport Full Performance Package Stage#2 - 600+ HP

Comment

"exashurating"???

Couldn't find this word in any dictionary -- did you mean "exaggerating"?

I spoke with a couple of friends who had this installed, as well as installers on my last trip back to Singapore. Easy to install, easy to remove, and unlikely to cause any damage to the engine, although the price tag of USD300 was too high for a simple device like this where results could be replicated by a more aggressive right foot. That was with a group of VW/Audi/Skoda owners I meet up with regularly when I am back home.

I am not sure how 'great' this product works with BMWs, but if you have spare cash lying around, it might be worth a try if you feel that the throttle lag is unbearable. On the other hand, the cost of this device is 1 tyre :)

Comment

Originally posted by ghoonk View Post
                "exashurating"???

Couldn't find this word in any dictionary -- did you mean "exaggerating"?

I spoke with a couple of friends who had this installed, as well as installers on my last trip back to Singapore. Easy to install, easy to remove, and unlikely to cause any damage to the engine, although the price tag of USD300 was too high for a simple device like this where results could be replicated by a more aggressive right foot. That was with a group of VW/Audi/Skoda owners I meet up with regularly when I am back home.

I am not sure how 'great' this product works with BMWs, but if you have spare cash lying around, it might be worth a try if you feel that the throttle lag is unbearable. On the other hand, the cost of this device is 1 tyre :)

sorry wrong spelling...yes I meant exaggerating...
                Anyway....it is worth to try....

Monsters History:

Comment

any idea if I can find it in AD ????
                  sigpic

PP performance stage 2 software - active autowork downpipe - active autowork intercooler - dinan oil cooler - Hamann loud exhausts - Hamann full bodykit - BMW performance rims - BMW Performance steering wheel - BMW performance stripes

Comment

Originally posted by AlSuwaidi View Post
                    any idea if I can find it in AD ????
                    Yes sure...I got from Dubai
                    Here you go

Power Curve
                    Mr. Ahmed
                    Tel: +971-4-2628282
                    Mob: +971-50-3595519

Monsters History:

Comment

Originally posted by abuelnil View Post
                      sorry wrong spelling...yes I meant exaggerating...
                      Anyway....it is worth to try....
                      You're right there... if your car has a hestitation on acceleration that cannot be resolved, maybe the sprint booster is a solution. Is there any reason why BMWs, VWs and some Audis exhibit this hesitation? For the preservation of the gearbox/ torque converter?

Comment

Well, i have bought the sprint booster for my E39 530i, and i have to beg to differ from what's posted here. I would say its a good thing to have, driving has become, well, alot more fun than it used to be, throttle response is much faster now. However, i do agree that the sprint booster is a bit overpriced for what it does. Yet, to me, i do not really regret buying it, it's kind of worth the money for my car. Maybe its because i'm driving a 530i which isn't a record breaker. On the other hand, i do believe that M-owners do not really need one. Thanks :D

Past Ride: E39 530i
                        Current Ride: E46 330i Hartge
                        Mods: Matt Black Front Grille | Hartge ECU Chip Tuning | Smoked Rear lights | M3 front bumper | M-Tech rear spoiler | Stett performance headers | Rear M-tech 1 bumper

Comment

This whole sprint booster thing has been going on for a while . . .but just a point which i realised . .

1 - you have a car which has a 'hesitation' when you press down the pedal.
                          2 - you install the sprint booster - and all what it does is . . . it removes the lag (right)
                          3 - you start loving the way your car drives . . .

what if your car already came with a sprint booster . ? and the car had no lag ?

would you love it the same way ? or would there still be that desire to get something quicker ? perhaps something to boost your hp by a few horses ?

Like someone mentioned in this thread . . all you have to do is flex your foot a little further to get what sprint booster squeezes out of your ride . .
                          2008 325i coupe
                          Stock

Comment

Originally posted by hamoodi_7 View Post
                            Well, i have bought the sprint booster for my E39 530i, and i have to beg to differ from what's posted here. I would say its a good thing to have, driving has become, well, alot more fun than it used to be, throttle response is much faster now. However, i do agree that the sprint booster is a bit overpriced for what it does. Yet, to me, i do not really regret buying it, it's kind of worth the money for my car. Maybe its because i'm driving a 530i which isn't a record breaker. On the other hand, i do believe that M-owners do not really need one. Thanks :D
                            In fact, it's an annoyance in an M3 that's driven daily!!! The sport button is turned on at the track ONLY!!!

Comment

Sprint Booster is great i have also purchased it from Power Curve and they did a good job

The difference you can fee after a few kms like 50 or so ...

Yes it does work and reduces the lag..

Good and easy mod ...

Comment

Sprint Booster

This does not increase your hp just better throttle response. No more delays when you hit the accelerator from a complete stop.
                                Read here
                                http://www.sprintboostersales.com/whyitworks.cfm

Available for BMW and other cars and installs in 10mins or less and sells for $329.99
                                1. Just unplug the cable from your accelerator and connect the cable from sprint booster to the accelerator petal socket.
                                2. Connect the cable you disconnected to the sprint booster socket.
                                Thats' it.

I don't know how much in UAE but here is the link to the supplier
                                http://www.power-curve.com/proddetai...&view=0&page=1
                                Last edited by emeren; 13-07-2010, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X