Sprint Booster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sprint Booster

I did a forum search and found one guy with a sprint booster, is there no one else using this amazing little device? It's a SMILE booster! I can't really think of any other mod that so dramatically changes the driving experience for so little cost.

So does everyone have it and no one talk about it or what?

Just curious ;).
    -Dirk
    2004 545i, Gulf Spec, Sports Suspension, RPI Cat-back exhaust, LCI Hella Tail lights w/V6 cable, Ipod adapter, Pro-Nav Retrofitted, Shadowline trim, Elite Motorsports Stage II LED Angel Eyes Upgrade, M166 OEM wheels (M6 offsets), xenon fogs, LCI iDrive knob and looking for Mtech front and sides!
    sigpic

I apologize for my ignorance but I have no idea what that is... care to explain?! :)
    sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Basically - It removes ALL throttle lag that a lot of the BMW lines are notorious for. I'm not sure the full list of E-codes they produce them for (sorry, I'm E60 centric :P), but think of it like sportmode on steroids in term of throttle response and control.

It makes the car /FEEL/ like you just boosted your HP by 10-15%.

At least for an E60, it makes D feel like S+, and S feel like :omg2:

I swear it's saved my life. Again, speaking E60 - Getting one of these things, and resetting your transmission, it feels like you're driving a completely new car.

I've no idea how well it works for the other cars, but I've read good things :).
      -Dirk
      2004 545i, Gulf Spec, Sports Suspension, RPI Cat-back exhaust, LCI Hella Tail lights w/V6 cable, Ipod adapter, Pro-Nav Retrofitted, Shadowline trim, Elite Motorsports Stage II LED Angel Eyes Upgrade, M166 OEM wheels (M6 offsets), xenon fogs, LCI iDrive knob and looking for Mtech front and sides!
      sigpic

Comment

i don't know about the E60, but i even hated the Sport button on my Z4M! it made the car really jerky on 1st/2nd/3rd gears :dunno: and was only useful for racing..

maybe non-M BMWs could use something like sprint booster for better response but from my latest experience with an M car you don't any :)

BMW history:
        07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Originally posted by Haissam View Post
          i don't know about the E60, but i even hated the Sport button on my Z4M! it made the car really jerky on 1st/2nd/3rd gears :dunno: and was only useful for racing..

maybe non-M BMWs could use something like sprint booster for better response but from my latest experience with an M car you don't any :)
          I know what your talking about, the sprint booster doesn't affect your shifts (resetting the tranny does that, smooths them out), it just really changes the throttle feel. Personally, and from the testimony of basically everyone at E60.net, it's simply the way the car should have came. Lively and tuned in throttle response, without it the throttle feels sluggish and bleh. At least, in comparison :P.

Again, E60 centric here! I bet the Z4M is plenty responsive as is!
          -Dirk
          sigpic

Comment

yeah our e46 M3s come with the same sport button Haissam is talking about and makes the throttle response ridiculously sensitive!
            sigpic

Comment

is it available for the non M's (only) ?
              2008 325i coupe
              Stock

Comment

Originally posted by hiten86 View Post
                is it available for the non M's (only) ?
                I know it's available for the E60 M5, the boys over at e60.net love it on their M5.

For example: http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=61164

Personal preff I suppose :).
                -Dirk
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Haissam View Post

:nono:Are you kidding me? I can't drive without sport mode on. The response without it is useless.
                  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
                  Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
                  Schrick cams
                  Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
                  Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
                  KW Coilovers V3
                  WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

Had it for nearly a year now, and love the way it makes my car feels, just can't drive without it anymore lol

This gadget hooks up to any 2000+ BMW models

it comes as Auto and Manual versions, for SMG guys, you gotta use the Auto.

btw it is sold @ Power Curve at Al Memzar area, Dubai.

'07 650i Stratus Grey/Cream beige

Comment

Originally posted by alquazi View Post
                      :nono:Are you kidding me? I can't drive without sport mode on. The response without it is useless.
                      sorry for the , but yeah i agree my bro's E39 M5 felt much better with the sport button.. it was much more aggressive on the Z4M, in an annoying way!

BMW history:
                      07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Originally posted by Stratus650 View Post
                        Had it for nearly a year now, and love the way it makes my car feels, just can't drive without it anymore lol

This gadget hooks up to any 2000+ BMW models

it comes as Auto and Manual versions, for SMG guys, you gotta use the Auto.

btw it is sold @ Power Curve at Al Memzar area, Dubai.
                        any ideas on how much would it tear my pockets for me ?
                        2008 325i coupe
                        Stock

Comment

I didn't know they are sold locally (this forum is SO useful!), but I got mine from the UK for 1,100 AED, including shipping. It's about 1,200 or so if you buy off Ebay (ships from HK usually). I'm curious as to what the local prices are.
                          -Dirk
                          sigpic

Comment

between the members... there isn't much we don't know :)

and if we don't... we can find out! we know E V E R Y T H I N G!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

local price is exactly the same... 1100 ~ 1200 AED

'07 650i Stratus Grey/Cream beige

Comment

Working...
                              X