No announcement yet.

Every car needs a REMAP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remapping an engine would mean altering the ignition, cam timing, Air/Fuel mixture in order to extract more power. That in simple terms means getting your engine to increase the amount of air it breathe and extract along with increasing or decreasing the fuel levels injected into the combustion chamber.

Now doing that to a fully stock engine would give very little gains (area under the curve) compared to an engine with some modes on it, but it would better out the drivability of your car. WHY??!! Well its simple, you are remapping the engine with the same restricted OEM induction system (no sufficient amount of air) and a restricted exhaust system. So even if altered ur timing to open wider for more air where would it come from and how can it be exhausted with the OEM systems.

From my experience working on cars i wouldn’t go for a remap at first and specially if i am planning to install some modes on my car. I would first go ahead with my modes that would improve the breathing characteristics of my engine such as a good induction kit along with a higher flow exhaust system, and maybe a higher grade cam. After that i would ask for a tune that would utilize all the modes i've installed to achieve the highest gain possible that would be extracted along the power band of the engine.

In my case and on my previous iDingpower M3 i tried to install the famous Alpha-N tune that would delete the MAF functions and use the RPM and TPS to determine the amount of air going to the engine, but i didnt have the CF plenum that would increase the amount of air injected as required and i did not gain any noticeable ponies so i reversed back to stock.

Sorry for the long post guys, but this is directly from a person who has a hands on experience with cars (spent more time under the car than on my bed :)) go for it after you are done moding your car, but if you want to do it to slightly improve the drivability/consumption and gain few butt dyno HPs then go for it :)

That doesnt include any BMW with a force induction system (e.g 335i :D)
    sigpic
    iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
    Falcons Garage
    Carbotech

Comment

:goodpost:

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
      The key to a successful tune is how much area is there under the hp/torque-RPM graph, NOT how much the peak numbers are for power and torque.
      that's very important & not only for a tune, but for any horsepower or torque curve even on a stock engine..

good curves in my opinion don't just have high peaks, but should have the largest area under the curve particularly over the rpm range that you use when accelerating (ex approx 5000 - 8000rpm on an S54)

looking just at the peak horsepower is really misleading! i've driven some cars with high peak horsepower but got really disappointed after redlining a certain gear and shifting to the next..

BMW history:
      07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

[QUOTE=Ayham;71386]What I know is that both maps are altered together. And even for a 318i, you can feel a difference at least in fuel consumption..

:iagree: but as i know N42 engine used Bosch DME ME9.2 fuel injection system combined with BMW's new Valvetronic system. as per my poor experince in this field Valvetronic working on the inlet side of the valvetrain where VANOS controlled both inlet and exhaust cams from the engine ECU, valvetronic uses a separate ECU to control the inlet cam timing precisely. and the aim of this technology is to give the optimum power and torque at any point in the rev. depending on how the car is being driven. it's like combining the best characteristics of many engines all in one motor. and im not assuming that i can get big power from a modern engine like N42 :banghead:
        the technology employed by BMW is so complex that it has been designed to operate under very specific driving condition. and it has been designed for exceptional fuel economy not power so im realistic with my expectations :drive:
        and i ll check with bassel since it ll be electronic tuning of main ECU to get the majority of power increases considering the seprate vavetronic ECU.

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
        E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Nothing to add up mashallah you guy's have great knowledge

the most important thing is that you need to do a remap from time to time
          couse here in GCC , weather,Temp,Humidty ..etc can effect allot

I Remember the ZM i did we dyno it and made 275WHP (stock Engine) on cold weather and (264WHP) on hot weather with the Stock Tune,

Therefore you need to do some correction to your Engine Brain in order to gain what you losse

Forced inductions :rofl::rofl:

Good luck cold weather is the Bimmer weather :iagree:

Comment

Originally posted by M_Powerholic View Post
            His nickname is Jassem99 on our forums... :)
            R u sure about his nickname?! :hmm:
            there is no member on this name

E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

yes we are sure, anyways bassel is out of town and will be back on 4th of oct, pm me if ur interested and i can gve u his number ..

Comment

member name doesn't exist......

BMW history:
                07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Ayham referred to it in some old thread... :dunno:

For tuning, you may want to talk to Bassel Daham (Jassem99 on our forums and adpcc.com).
                  sigpic
                  07' HFP Accord | Current
                  HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Originally posted by M5drift View Post
                    yes we are sure, anyways bassel is out of town and will be back on 4th of oct, pm me if ur interested and i can gve u his number ..
                    check ur pm

Comment

Bump Up

We Do ECU Tune/Remap for all Models

Chip Tune

BimmerAutoworks Custom Software :///M:

TMS + VAC + also Active Autowerks Software

:happyclean:

Comment

Everybody, another great offer for the Club members:

http://bmwclubuae.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3265

;)

Comment

Is it worth doin the remap for the e46 M3 NA engine?? will the 18HP increase by Viezu show a noticeable difference in driving characteristics?
                          Current
                          E92 M3 - Mineral White
                          F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                          E36 318is
                          E39 540i ///M sport
                          VW CC
                          E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Originally posted by Wazif View Post
                            Is it worth doin the remap for the e46 M3 NA engine?? will the 18HP increase by Viezu show a noticeable difference in driving characteristics?
                            yes it will !!
                            Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                            Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                            Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                            Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                            1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                            Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                            eMail:
                            Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Originally posted by Wazif View Post
                              Oh yeah :D

Comment

it is not the hp

it is the area under the graph, and the range it peaks the power

u can read Ayham's first post

Comment

Working...
                                X