Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bashar M. View Post
    hi,

For what car are you using the Megasquirt, and for what application. Also does it have an NA engine or planning to go FI..... Those question are essential in picking up a stand alone ECU or a Piggyback.

I was doing a research on megasquirts for long and planned to use it on an E30 M3 with a built engine, after sorting out the FI system that i was gona install.

Glade to help mate, and i also have the resources to get the ECU and programe it for you if ur interested ;)

any ideas or opinion about what we've said :D:typing:

BMW E30 m20b27 NOW | Korando 4x4 (Engine: Mercedes 320) NOW | Yamaha YFZ350 2003 modedNOW | Chev. cavalier 1998 moded History | BMW e36 m52b28 History

Comment

Originally posted by Nasser View Post
      converting to maf is quite easy using APEX or just go to Irlandengineering website and buy it, they will give you a nice chip and MAF, it gives nice improvment, it's there on my friend car in YAHER

about the 24V mmmmmm I know I wanted to put m52b28 aaaaaaah i just saw the ITB well i've said that MS is for future tunning project for the ITB i'll need the MS :D
      again back to my sweet engine

I think it's much easier to tune m20 than later engines except if i wanna put s52 for example and that will COST, My m20 I can easly make it 2.8 with m52b28 crank and m20b20 rods and same pistons
      plus for example the m52b28 is OBD2 which i will have to convert it to OBD1 if i wanna tune it

Dude, the M20 is an old engine. 12 valves only, it doesn't breath as easily as the later M50 series engines. Not much potential, old valve train, heavy crank, the simplest case of over heating will warp the head etc...

And finding the crank and rods to do that conversion for a 100CC's gain is a complete and total waste of time. I agree, the 2.7l was one of the best non M engine, but that was before the M50 series came along.

The only time where the M52B28 is actually worthwhile to use is if you get one out of a European BMW, as in only sold in Europe. Why ? Theyve got the aluminum engine block, that's a $hit load of weight gone !!

The M50B25 is by far the best engine for the E30 and E36 bodies. Theyre dirt cheap in this country, and theyre reliable. Plus, a stock M50B25 has 190HP. That's a lot to start with, don't forget you'll be stretching your gears with higer RPMs. A simple chip would add no less than 9-10HP and bump the redline to 7,100 or 7,200RPM depending. Proper exhaust and intake will help out even more.
      Best part is, you can install U.S. spec S50 cams, that with the above mentioned and youre running no less than 240HP ! Let's say 190 to the wheel, much more than any NON-built M20 will ever give, including the 2.8l !

Don't forget, theres the money factor also. An M50B25 swap is a win-win situation.
      sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
      Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
      LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
      P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
      Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

well 24v engine are much less weight and much better and i'll get higher mods.
        seems i love my engine and am defending
        but honostly moding the m20 is much much cheaper than the m50
        But some parts are cheaper for the m50 :P

OK m50 is better :P
        I'll still need the MS :D :D :D :D :D..... ya5i mmmmm seems i'll forget about moding these year and wait till next winter.
        I DECIDED
        till 2010 winter then i'll swap :P 24V :D BUT with piggyback cause i really hate the afm it was real pain to me specially with the idle valve

BMW E30 m20b27 NOW | Korando 4x4 (Engine: Mercedes 320) NOW | Yamaha YFZ350 2003 modedNOW | Chev. cavalier 1998 moded History | BMW e36 m52b28 History

Comment

Hahaha !! The sound of an M20 idling is beautiful to me, it's a lovely engine but just not for getting performance out of unless serious cash is to be invested.

For your OP, it's easier and cheaper to get pre-programmed ECU than to spend alot on MS and tuning it. It's not that easy. Where to to get MS in the country ? I doubt.
          Most of the MS'd cars here are either from Lebanon and/or Jordan.
          Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims

Comment

Originally posted by springz View Post
            I didnt get anything from what you said but cool :D ...
            Ill get to know about these stuff by Time ...
            hope so :P
            That's the spirit :bmwbest:
            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
            Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
            Schrick cams
            Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
            Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
            KW Coilovers V3
            WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by springz View Post
              I didnt get anything from what you said but cool :D ...
              Ill get to know about these stuff by Time ...
              hope so :P
              Youre just getting started :taser: !!

Comment

Originally posted by SewerSideUp View Post
                Hahaha !! The sound of an M20 idling is beautiful to me, it's a lovely engine but just not for getting performance out of unless serious cash is to be invested.

For your OP, it's easier and cheaper to get pre-programmed ECU than to spend alot on MS and tuning it. It's not that easy. Where to to get MS in the country ? I doubt.
                Most of the MS'd cars here are either from Lebanon and/or Jordan.
                BUT programming will never give what i want i guess you've read what we were talking about and knows what i want where the hell that chip or the softwere which will let me remove the afm

for turbo or superchage upgrade, I must put that ms
                i have TMS TunerMotorSport Chip on my car, which is i guess the best for the e30 m20
                but will never give you the features which is in ms
                in my experience only putting bigger AFM gave me alot of more power,, imagin removing the door which restrict the air
                you know something ms is bigger alot than this simple feature, at least i'll able to reprogramme the ecu anytime i want (labtop,USB)
                about buying from UAE ( the only thing about for my car here is the airfilter, cause i dont know where to go :P)
                I can get MS from out side but anyway experienced guy will never give you all the secrets for free they asked me for 4000Dhs for it
                including
                -MS2 v3
                -wasted spark kit (3coils with new OEM wires)
                -ITG airfilter
                -IAT sensor
                -GM TPS
                -o2 sensor
                -basemap
                -idle driver (thats perfect for the turbo upgrade and almost a must)
                i even can make it BUT TIMEEEEEEEEEE, it needs time to do it properly
                specially if there is no help at all
                in alain (I swear in all senayia and all BMW experience mechinecs says "nothing exist such a thing"

Am just looking for someone who does it before and can help, even if am not going to go with turbo or whatever, I'll go for it for the m20 or m52
                Last edited by Nasser; 29-04-2009, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nasser View Post
                  specially if there is no help at all
                  in alain (I swear in all senayia and all BMW experience mechinecs says "nothing exist such a thing"
                  You've got a point there, there are hardly any good experienced mechanics who know what they're doing.. BTW Nasser, which garage do you go to

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
                    You've got a point there, there are hardly any good experienced mechanics who know what they're doing.. BTW Nasser, which garage do you go to
                    now i started fixing my car at home :D
                    but before i used to go to M5 workshop beside the old ADmotors spare parts
                    i like the way he works even that sometimes he takes more :D, BUT i trust him in my car alot

Comment

Working...
                    X