Megasquirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Megasquirt

anybody know about megasquirt (EMS) cause am looking for megasquirt 1 or 2 if someone can help in that
    anyway this my first post hiiiiii all
    i hope i'll be able to help any bmw fan with my experience

BMW E30 m20b27 NOW | Korando 4x4 (Engine: Mercedes 320) NOW | Yamaha YFZ350 2003 modedNOW | Chev. cavalier 1998 moded History | BMW e36 m52b28 History

Hello Nasser :hi:

Kindly introduce yourself in the New Members Section :)

Comment

Hi Nasser !

Please introduce yourself in the "New Members Introduction" page, thanks !

'07 650i Stratus Grey/Cream beige

Comment

hi,

For what car are you using the Megasquirt, and for what application. Also does it have an NA engine or planning to go FI..... Those question are essential in picking up a stand alone ECU or a Piggyback.

I was doing a research on megasquirts for long and planned to use it on an E30 M3 with a built engine, after sorting out the FI system that i was gona install.

Glade to help mate, and i also have the resources to get the ECU and programe it for you if ur interested ;)
        sigpic
        iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
        Falcons Garage
        Carbotech

Comment

hey i just Wanna know ... What does The Megasquirt do Exactly? Thanx :)
          sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
          E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
          E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
          E23 735i - Sold

Comment

It's a stand alone engine management system that controls fuel and spark on any I.C.E. engine through specific signals such as, Crank Signal, O2 signal, Camshaft signal, those are the primaries.
            The best thing about it is, you can adjust all you want. Mind you, its not Need For Speed, the wrong tune might send your engine to the scrap yard !!
            That's just in brief, really brief !
            sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
            Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
            LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
            P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
            Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

hehe yup the smallest mistake could cause alot of damage specially with engine running any kind of force induction method i.e Turbo/supercharger.

The nice thing about the Megasquirt that it has a knock sensor that would indicate knocking in the chamber and that would prevent losing your pistons, and cylinder walls :).....

But from what i can tell running such ECU is pointless without a FI system.... a simple remape of the OEM ECU would do as good in a NA engine specially if it has stock internals.
              sigpic
              iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
              Falcons Garage
              Carbotech

Comment

I see, Its Pretty Cool .. But Pretty dangerous at the same Time ..
                Thanx for the Info :)
                sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
                E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
                E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
                E23 735i - Sold

Comment

^^^yup you should have the knowladge and experiance when dealing with such things.
                  sigpic
                  iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
                  Falcons Garage
                  Carbotech

Comment

Originally posted by Bashar M. View Post
                    ^^^yup you should have the knowladge and experiance when dealing with such things.
                    Yup .. and am getting both thanx to you guyz :D
                    sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
                    E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
                    E23 735i - Sold

Comment

well ,,,, i know alot about megasquirt but not where to find specially here, anyway i need it for future project.
                      for the time being I want to delete the distrbuter cap in my M20 and install multi coils
                      like for example the opel omga coils (3 coils each gives two) that will help removing the wasted sparks,
                      second i wanna remove the stupied AFM which in e36 MAF, i guess you already knows this
                      i guess for the afm i can either conver to maf or replace with iat using APEX or smiller
                      BUT MULTI COILS HOWWWWW , well megasquirt can help in that and alot more

BMW E30 m20b27 NOW | Korando 4x4 (Engine: Mercedes 320) NOW | Yamaha YFZ350 2003 modedNOW | Chev. cavalier 1998 moded History | BMW e36 m52b28 History

Comment

I didnt get anything from what you said but cool :D ...
                        Ill get to know about these stuff by Time ...
                        hope so :P
                        sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
                        E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
                        E23 735i - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by springz View Post
                          I didnt get anything from what you said but cool :D ...
                          Ill get to know about these stuff by Time ...
                          hope so :P
                          well am sure that you AFM (air mass flow metter) which is mechanical (there is door inside will open for the air to come inside) and restrects air alot, not like the MAF which you see it on m50 engines and later engines (in e36 )
                          for me I swapped my afm with the m30 AFM guess same like yours but removed it from 535i (e34 m30) to my m20 engine, which comes much bigger than the m20 AFM
                          and that will let more air to come in, I got real nice improvement in acceleration and guess what even in fuel economy:bmwflag:
                          but sure after installing that I had to upgrade my injectors to better one ( used bosh design III - you will find them on mustangs v8)
                          if you need any explenation please ask, I guess many here have nice experience and they will gladly share it

Comment

Originally posted by Nasser View Post
                            well ,,,, i know alot about megasquirt but not where to find specially here, anyway i need it for future project.
                            for the time being I want to delete the distrbuter cap in my M20 and install multi coils
                            like for example the opel omga coils (3 coils each gives two) that will help removing the wasted sparks,
                            second i wanna remove the stupied AFM which in e36 MAF, i guess you already knows this
                            i guess for the afm i can either conver to maf or replace with iat using APEX or smiller
                            BUT MULTI COILS HOWWWWW , well megasquirt can help in that and alot more

Switching to coils is possible with MS, but from EFM (It's VAM actually, Volume Air Meter) to MAF (Mass Airflow Sensor) is a huge conversion. It's also possible with MS. But, still a huge job to do !

You want my opinion ? Throw an M50B25 in there and call it a day !
                            Atleast you'd get 24 valves, a 7,000RPM redline with the correct ECU, a bullet proof engine with great potential.

Plus, it'll cost you less than MS and parts AND will yield better results. MS as stated by Bashar is best used with FI or race engines such as going from normal intake to ITB's for example.

My 0.2$ ...
                            sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                            Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                            LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                            P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                            Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Originally posted by SewerSideUp View Post
                              Switching to coils is possible with MS, but from EFM (It's VAM actually, Volume Air Meter) to MAF (Mass Airflow Sensor) is a huge conversion. It's also possible with MS. But, still a huge job to do !

You want my opinion ? Throw an M50B25 in there and call it a day !
                              Atleast you'd get 24 valves, a 7,000RPM redline with the correct ECU, a bullet proof engine with great potential.

Plus, it'll cost you less than MS and parts AND will yield better results. MS as stated by Bashar is best used with FI or race engines such as going from normal intake to ITB's for example.

My 0.2$ ...

converting to maf is quite easy using APEX or just go to Irlandengineering website and buy it, they will give you a nice chip and MAF, it gives nice improvment, it's there on my friend car in YAHER

about the 24V mmmmmm I know I wanted to put m52b28 aaaaaaah i just saw the ITB well i've said that MS is for future tunning project for the ITB i'll need the MS :D
                              again back to my sweet engine

I think it's much easier to tune m20 than later engines except if i wanna put s52 for example and that will COST, My m20 I can easly make it 2.8 with m52b28 crank and m20b20 rods and same pistons
                              plus for example the m52b28 is OBD2 which i will have to convert it to OBD1 if i wanna tune it

(ADDED)
                              With the cost of m50 or later models conversions, I'll make my m20 super m20
                              about the m50 thing and 7k rpm my car is already passing the 7 :D
                              oh yeah nice point MS alows you to control your engine rpm :D
                              in my opinion with the crapy mods on my car, I can beat e30 with m50

once I asked about converting to m52b28 vanos and it was going to cost me 14000 for the engine ZFtranny...etc
                              with that amount i can
                              put 3.2 stoker
                              then simply put a tiny turbo

what the hell the thread started to be a comparison about engines,,,,,,,,,,, BACK TO MS or whatever better
                              Last edited by Nasser; 28-04-2009, 12:25 AM. Reason: ADDING

Comment

Working...
                              X