No announcement yet.

BMW contacts for escalation service at BMW dealer Abu Dhabi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i still send my 2001 porsche boxster to the dealer, and they happily (while laughing at me) accept it and do the repairs on it and bill me

anyways, service manager (pieter) tried (without success) to explain the mistake they once did, my car still there, couldn't manage leaving work to take it, he asked me to pass by his office when i am there.

here is partial communication with them, there should be nothing to hide, right ? i could be an idiot, usually i am when it comes to car services, but well......

Please ask for me when you get to the dealership.

Me:

This part u mentioned is a suction hose not a MAF sensor

Anyways, I will be collecting my car in the coming day or two and seek alternative professional advise to my BMW outside of the agency as you are forcing me to. (No idea where to take it yet though)

I might even order the throttle actuator control bank that seems to be faulty in my car and DIY at home (I have an obd2 code reading of P1628).

Thank you

Majeed

Apps Factory FZ LLC

BMW:

Dear Mr. Majeed
    Please take note the part number you took from the picture is used for not just one model. The part number for your car is 11727838504 and you will see this sensor comes part of the pipe not like other models where the sensor is loose.

Kind regards,

ME:
    Pieter

The part in the picture with a stock part code # 11721438814 is not for my M3 E92, it is for the normal 3series E92 cars, reference : http://parts.bmwofsouthatlanta.com/p...721438814.html

Majeed

Apps Factory FZ LLC

BMW:
    Dear Mr. Majeed

Thank you for your confirmation. I checked on your file (2011)what was diagnosed (see attach doc 1) at the time, according to this was there a problem on the air mass (MAF)sensor. This problem occurred 40 times so it would have been visible to replace the part at the time to continue with further diagnose. I also went to look at how the system show this part is faulty and there is no such part on your car. According to the BMW parts system, there is an air mass (MAF) sensor available on your car chassis number (see picture) and also this part is available in the parts department.

As per our telephone conversation and by Mr. Ziad to book a car with us, it must have a full service history with BMW and your car do not comply to this conditions. I do regret that as per our company policy, we cannot except your car on our premises.

Regards,

Majeed El-Chemor
    Majeed Photography

Comment

That last statement is worth Gold..
      There is a little arrow button that says forward on your email, use it to send everything to AG.
      "You are new to the country and don't know/trust any independent and back home you used to service an older car at the dealer with no issues, you're seeking their urgent intervention.." You then sit shotgun and let them steer.

Have you spoke to AGMC btw?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

i put customercar.me@bmw.com in copy of this, my initial email was the following :

ME:
        Dear Ziad,

Thank you for your email, and for the rejection of receiving my BMW car by the authorized BMW service centre in Abu Dhabi,

In a way, you are making me regret the decision of owning and driving a BMW,

My BMW gave me an amber “Engine Fault" alert, and stopped working in the middle of the road, where I was obliged to:
        1- push it to the side of the road and
        2 - send it on a recovery to the nearest BMW service centre, which happens to be your workshop

That is true, the last time the vehicle was in your premises was in 2011, I have attached the communication concerning that subject to the end of this same email, where Abu Dhabi Motors company have quoted me a faulty part which do not exist in my car, so am not sure if you were referring to this incident as a (I quote) "risks of poor workmanship, safety and insufficient tools are valued as insignificant. I do regret to inform that the vehicle cannot be allowed on the premises due to incorrect or poor service history”,

After Abu Dhabi Motors quoting me a non-existent faulty part, I did indeed go outside the esteemed agency, and replace a coil head which was causing the engine misfire, due to the incorrect service at that time by the agency, and all was good, since then, where I am only changing oil to the car (and tires),

If you are rejecting to check the car, because am changing oil outside your workshop, then there is something I fail to understand,

If you are suspecting and questioning the ability of a BMW car of running 70k kms without any faults, or requiring repairs in your workshop, that is a claim that will make me wonder the kind of advertisement you are doing for BMW cars,

As a conclusion, I have an engine fault in my BMW car, and the only place that I know of at the moment is BMW workshop, but the BMW workshop is indirectly asking me to not repair my car, and throw it away and seek an alternative car maker who is capable of accepting and repairing his own car makes.

Thank you to advise me, or recommend someone who have the capacity to work on such issues, if you are not capable and concerned you will again quote me for another non-existing part.

Regards,

BMW:
        Dear sir ,

In regards to the mentioned vehicle we can see on the vehicle history that the vehicle was in our premises on the 19th October 2011. The company policy state that all vehicle that enters our premises must have a full service and done by an approved dealer(BMW). Any other comparisons with non-approved repairers where the risks of poor workmanship, safety and insufficient tools are valued as insignificant. I do regret to inform that the vehicle cannot be allowed on the premises due to incorrect or poor service history.

Kind regards,
        Regards,

Majeed El-Chemor
        Majeed Photography

Comment

Bmw middle east should solve this issue
          I know ziad (mussafah service center) 2 years ago i had a fight with him due his attitude

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
          sigpic
          • BMS Dual intake system • BMS Oil Catch Can • BMS Oil Thermostat • COBB FMIC • COBB AccessPort V3 • Aerodynamic kit‬‏ • M Package • Cp-e Tial BOV •Cp-e 3" catless DP • Wedge performance stg3 map • Fox super SS cutback • MMP 2.5 Turbo inlets & outlets • CF Front Splitter Lip Diffuser

When fast cars become cheap, the wrong type of people buy them
          and the e36 M3 is one of the biggest victims of this phenomenon" - BMW Car Magazine

Comment

Has anything been done to resolve your issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Majeed!!!!!! Man it's been a really long time since we have met!

What a story! I fail to understand why would a BMW Dealer reject a car from being serviced at the customer's cost! There's no possible logical explanation for that.

I truly think that BMW ME would solve this matter quickly. Keep us updated
              Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
              Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
              Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
              Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
              1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
              Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
              eMail:
              Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

I am also pretty amazed that a dealer would refuse the ability to charge money for completing work.

Does this set the precedent then that they will only work on cars that have been serviced by them for the entirety of the cars life?

Please keep up the updates.

Comment

Lol, this place never ceases to amaze me.. watch out, next they will fine you for having your service done elsewhere.. :-D

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using Tapatalk
                  Bimmerian. Carma FF race exhaust. BMW DMK 6 Ultra Short Shift kit. CDV X. BMW Performance CSL 19" Rims. Apex. Stop-Tech. RPI. APR Aero. CSL intake. Epic Alpha-N. KW Clubsports. GC race sways. Tillett. Sabelt. 288/280. SuperSprint s1 - cats. Custom roll bar, rear STB, ME stb, Brembo 6x4 :w00t:

Comment

Here's a quick update on the car for the ones interested :-)

BMW recommended (off the books) a repair shop, one abdulhadi with a "German Excellence Car Repair" ( i think BMW for that, even though they insisted they are not supposed to do so, which i understand now why)

I called the guy to take my car, and quote me for the repair, and I explicitly told him the car needs a throttle actuator replacement bank 1, i don think i can be more specific !

Anyways, abdulhadi calls me back, saying the car needs an alternator, which is the root cause of the problem, he insisted, that it is the faulty part that cause the throttle actuator to be damaged ! (not sure how accurate is that), anyways, i requested him to check if he can find any "used" available as am tight on money for repairs,

I passed by his workshop today in the morning, to find the half the guts of the car engine out, and the alternate in 3 pieces, i asked him HOW and WHY did he open the car before the client approval on the quote, he said he wanted to help me, and he needed to get the parts out to get the part numbers to check their availability !

He quoted me 1200aed for labor, 3k+ for throttle actuator, 2.5k+ for alternator, (he claims he found one used alternator, but he's not happy with its state, as they are offering only one month warranty)

When I asked him what if I don't approve his quote, why did he open the guts of the car, he said he would happily re-assemble everything, and hand me back the car in its original state, which i asked him to do as i dont trust someone working on my car before I approve the repairs to be done and the quotes.

1 - Is this a common practice in repair shops disassembling half the car (engine bay) before client approval on the repairs ? wasting their time and effort in case the client doesn't want to repair ?
                    2 - Would a throttle actuator be damaged cause of an alternator/regulator ? googling a bit, I understand its the gear that wears down and goes faulty in those things, not the electronic board !
                    3 - If he was so determined the root cause of the problem was the alternator, why did he have to take it out of the car and disassemble it into three pieces ?
                    4 - I dont really trust people in general, and specifically in the car repair business (with all respect to everyone around in that business), but i assume there's no way i would be able to know if the parts put back in my car were the original ones that went out (alternator) ?
                    5 - How can I know something else wouldn't go wrong during the disassembling/assembling of the parts, most of the hoses in the engine bay were taken out of their place, etc....

now the guy might be truly trying to help me out, but i dont think it's appropriate what he has done, am taking the car back with its fault.

Am jinxed with cars !
                    Regards,

Majeed El-Chemor
                    Majeed Photography

Comment

the throttle actuator story doesn't make sense. your car has 2 of those and what raises question marks is that how it is related to the alternator. why did he disassemble the alternator? imho what he just did will just mess up the whole process of tracking down the fault. he couldve just found out the part numbers by calling al namoothaj spare parts which he should be already dealing with them or any parts store. which only leads me to believe that he would actually get you to fix multiple items at once whether they are faulty or not.

1 - Is this a common practice in repair shops disassembling half the car (engine bay) before client approval on the repairs ? wasting their time and effort in case the client doesn't want to repair ?
                      Its a trick that they do to get you to pay the labor, if they break something in the process they can always claim that it was faulty, higher bills are what they are after.

2 - Would a throttle actuator be damaged cause of an alternator/regulator ? googling a bit, I understand its the gear that wears down and goes faulty in those things, not the electronic board !

No, i dont think so
                      3 - If he was so determined the root cause of the problem was the alternator, why did he have to take it out of the car and disassemble it into three pieces ?
                      so that the car gets stuck there, and he further damages the alternator

4 - I dont really trust people in general, and specifically in the car repair business (with all respect to everyone around in that business), but i assume there's no way i would be able to know if the parts put back in my car were the original ones that went out (alternator) ?

he probably broke a few things in the process
                      5 - How can I know something else wouldn't go wrong during the disassembling/assembling of the parts, most of the hoses in the engine bay were taken out of their place, etc....

same as above he just set a trap for you

Comment

Seems like it would be even more costly to repair now after they've played around in there. To track down the causes of these issues you need 1.experience to know the common faults and 2.a proper diagnostic system that can pinpoint what is registered as faulty.

Get your car out of there as fast as possible and get it sent to one of the sponsors, if you haven't dealt with agmc you can pm me and I can put you in contact with someone there either in szr or shj.

Comment

Majeed, please check with our sponsors as they can help you out if you need anything. Our sponsors have good reputation and are always there to help BMW Club members.
                          Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                          Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                          Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                          Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                          1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                          Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                          eMail:
                          Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Thanks guys, I took the car from "german excellency" and asked "Al Mohannad" to check it out for me, he will get back to me today, as he doesn't really do mechanical repairs, mainly dealing with spare parts, the guys there are cousins of a friend,

anyways, will see how it goes, did Kinetechnick started operation in Abu Dhabi ?
                            Regards,

Majeed El-Chemor
                            Majeed Photography

Comment

As i know they start accepting cars no more details

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
                              sigpic
                              • BMS Dual intake system • BMS Oil Catch Can • BMS Oil Thermostat • COBB FMIC • COBB AccessPort V3 • Aerodynamic kit‬‏ • M Package • Cp-e Tial BOV •Cp-e 3" catless DP • Wedge performance stg3 map • Fox super SS cutback • MMP 2.5 Turbo inlets & outlets • CF Front Splitter Lip Diffuser

When fast cars become cheap, the wrong type of people buy them
                              and the e36 M3 is one of the biggest victims of this phenomenon" - BMW Car Magazine

Comment

Working...
                              X