Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those who know the eisenmann race exhaust...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ so u think i should get into section 2 or even 2 & 3? many have told me that the car will get much louder by doing so. My main point is to get rid of that sudden loudness that happen while in traffic and idle.
    sigpic
    Audi R8 - White / Blk
    Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Go on m5board and ask this question. I am also curious to know why the car revs to 1000rpm from time to time when idle!

Comment

When the cats warm up the o2 sensors raises the idle to compensate something... That's what i remember.

I've had the pleasure to take my cousin's m5 that had a full hamman exhaust system from the engine all the way back. That thing was the loudest thing I've ever driven it was louder than my current v8 which is extremely loud. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by LSB_M3 View Post
          Hey,

I have a question about the eisenmann RACE exhaust for an E60 M5...

Please tell me if the exhaust is very loud, as in will get in trouble every time next to police!

Cant really tell from the video clips and sometimes it is not mentioned if the exhaust was simply the section 3 exhaust or a full system.

For those who know the exhaust or heard it, please give your input.

The car has the Tubi exhaust already, and that is medium loud it seems.

Thanks.

Sorry folks.. just seen this thread..

Sooo.. Eisenmann does NOT produce full systems.. only the section 3 which are the Backboxes... In my opinion nothing sounds like Eisenmann Race BUT it drones at low RPM. I would describe drone as a continous low base noise in the cabin.. Some people even enjoy habing a bit of drone.. But its like always in life.. everything has its price.. so if you want THAT F1 Sound you will have to live with a bit of drone...

But i ve got something else in mind.. you ve got pm.
          sigpic

Simon Motorsport L.L.C
          Dubai Investment Park 2
          The Curve Building Complex
          Warehouse No.1
          P.O Box 28638
          Dubai, United Arab Emirates
          Office: +97148830851
          Web: www.simonmotorsport.com
          Email: Franz@simonmotorsport.com
          Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/simonmotorsportdxb
          Instagram: http://instagram.com/simon_motorsport_dubai#

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
            When the cats warm up the o2 sensors raises the idle to compensate something... That's what i remember.

I've had the pleasure to take my cousin's m5 that had a full hamman exhaust system from the engine all the way back. That thing was the loudest thing I've ever driven it was louder than my current v8 which is extremely loud. Hope this helps.
            Okay so whats the solution for this?
            sigpic
            Audi R8 - White / Blk
            Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Thank you Bruno, bingo!

When I hd my evosport headers ( primary cats deleted and O2 sensors bypassed ), I did not have this issue.

Now that I have installed Section 1, 2 and 3 with stock headers and cats, I have this issue.

Hopefully when I install the decatted Evolve headers, and get it tuned... I can confirm this 100%

Comment

^ Hmmm headers on the e60 M5 is a pain to install. I've seen a thread on installation process, God the entire engine has to be pulled out, etc.
                sigpic
                Audi R8 - White / Blk
                Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Is it that hard to install headers?

So Ahmed, your engine has been pulled twice?!
                  '13 F10 ///M5 6MT Alpine White
                  '06 E63 ///M6 SMG Silverstone
                  '95 E36 2JZ Swap Gray - Drift
                  '92 E36 325i Black
                  History:
                  '08 E92 ///M3 6MT Silverstone
                  '06 E60 ///M5 SMG Alpine White
                  '02 E46 ///M3 6MT TiAg
                  '98 E36 ///M3 Estoril Blue

Comment

Nope, anyone who moves the engine an inch to install manifolds is obviously not good enough! I've had my manifold removed twice... one day job!

No moving engine up down left or right.... all you need are 10 new gaskets, and 2 new flange seals!

I have a video of my headers being installed. I can post it!

Comment

Great! otherwise i think its too much to remove the engine etc!
                      sigpic
                      Audi R8 - White / Blk
                      Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Why not Ahmed, post it please! Maybe in the DIY section, dunno.
                        '13 F10 ///M5 6MT Alpine White
                        '06 E63 ///M6 SMG Silverstone
                        '95 E36 2JZ Swap Gray - Drift
                        '92 E36 325i Black
                        History:
                        '08 E92 ///M3 6MT Silverstone
                        '06 E60 ///M5 SMG Alpine White
                        '02 E46 ///M3 6MT TiAg
                        '98 E36 ///M3 Estoril Blue

Comment

Originally posted by LSB_M3 View Post
                          Okay so whats the solution for this?
                          Just saw this post. Not sure I heard people get it only when installing aftermarket sec3 leaving the rest stock.

Comment

Extremely Loud! I would recommend as well Tubi, keep us posted.
                            sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
                            E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
                            E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
                            E23 735i - Sold

Comment

Like simon says... Get the backboxes... I have had my exhaust since march, absoutely no probs with cops. Its whenyou rev above 3000 , thats when you gotta be careful.. It drones, but trust me, i know members, whom sold their eisennman after 1 week of installing it, only to kick themselves for doing so, because once you install and turn on the engine, the issues of droning suddenly isnt important anymore... The smirk that is on your face every morning will testify to that :).... Rpi is also a good exhaust, although not as loud..
                              sigpic
                              Current
                              E92 M3 2011
                              # White Angel Eyes # Carbon fibre Roof # Silverstone II Metallic with Full extended Red Interior
                              # H&R sport springs #19' APEX ACR-8 rims with P-zero tyres # Bimmertech Tv system
                              # Full IPE F1 Exhaust system all sections , with GINTANI burble tune

Previous
                              E36 M3 Evo Convertible 'me Jane'
                              # Manual 5 speed with Auto LSD 3.38 with Individual Magma Interior # BBS LMs 18 Rims with Chrome Lip
                              # UUC shortshifter & UUC aluminium Flywheel and E39 M5 clutch Kit # Long Beach Blue Metallic

E60 M5 'me Julie'
                              # Eisennmann Race Exhaust # Updated Rear Lights

Comment

Working...
                              X