Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yorky500 View Post
    I put Eibachs on mine.

What you have to remember is that HSV/CSV is a Trademarked name so they can charge you your "meat & 2 veg" for anything. Lets me give you an example (I love this):

x4 sets of brake pads - AED7,000
    x4 discs - AED19,000
    Servicing costs: AED1,100 - 2,000 every 10,000km!
    Are you seriously stating the a brake pad replacement for both front and rear axles cost 7,000AED in parts alone ?!?!?!??!??!?

Discs, 19,000AED? !??!!?!?!!?!??!?!

Holy f*ucking $hit!!!

I'd rather get Carbotech pads for less than HALF of that price and they'll double the time and have double the stopping power.

Are these rates from Al Ghamdi DXB or Liberty SHJ ?

After what I just read, the running costs of an E60M5 feel pretty average all of a sudden....
    sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
    Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
    LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
    P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
    Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Originally posted by SewerSideUp View Post
      Are you seriously stating the a brake pad replacement for both front and rear axles cost 7,000AED in parts alone ?!?!?!??!??!?

Discs, 19,000AED? !??!!?!?!!?!??!?!

Holy f*ucking $hit!!!

I'd rather get Carbotech pads for less than HALF of that price and they'll double the time and have double the stopping power.

Are these rates from Al Ghamdi DXB or Liberty SHJ ?

After what I just read, the running costs of an E60M5 feel pretty average all of a sudden....
      Yup, parts alone, however, my guess is that they will give you a 10% discount - Al Ghandi in DXB.

As I said, its a trademarked brand, so you will always pay more BUT those prices are just a fecking RIP OFF.

I bought my DBA two piece floating front discs and direct replacement rear discs from Australia and shipped them over for AED8,000. I bought Ferodo DS2500 pads for all 4 corners for AED1,700.

This car is NOT built for the GCC - all my rubbers/seals etc had perished and had to be replaced by me cos its out of warranty. My car is just over 3 years old and has 143,000km on the clock.:cursing:
      1997 E36 M3 Evo: OMP bucket seats, Bilstein shocks & Eibach springs, Eisemann race rear muffler, 18"ASA AR1's, polybushed, short shifter,
      2012 Camaro SS
      2007 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab: 6" lift,
      2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Comment

Yup, parts alone, however, my guess is that they will give you a 10% discount - Al Ghandi in DXB.

As I said, its a trademarked brand, so you will always pay more BUT those prices are just a fecking RIP OFF.

I bought my DBA two piece floating front discs and direct replacement rear discs from Australia and shipped them over for AED8,000. I bought Ferodo DS2500 pads for all 4 corners for AED1,700.

This car is NOT built for the GCC - all my rubbers/seals etc had perished and had to be replaced by me cos its out of warranty. My car is just over 3 years old and has 143,000km on the clock.:cursing:
        Nicely done on the brakes because the dealer numbers are stupid, plain stupid!

What rubbers/seals are we talking about ? Suspension rubbers ?
        Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims

Comment

Nicely done on the brakes because the dealer numbers are stupid, plain stupid!

What rubbers/seals are we talking about ? Suspension rubbers ?
          Suspension rubbers is one (top mounts)
          the seal at the top of the door panel/window - all 4 have perished
          transmission seals needed to be replaced

I lost 5th and 6th gear last year September. The synchro had just disintegrated. I DO NOT hammer my car (s), sure I drive fast, but no burn-outs, heavy launches etc

Oh, and the actuator has now gone and needs replacing. Thankfully I have AAA extended warranty which covers me for the major items.
          1997 E36 M3 Evo: OMP bucket seats, Bilstein shocks & Eibach springs, Eisemann race rear muffler, 18"ASA AR1's, polybushed, short shifter,
          2012 Camaro SS
          2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Comment

Suspension rubbers is one (top mounts)
            the seal at the top of the door panel/window - all 4 have perished
            transmission seals needed to be replaced

I lost 5th and 6th gear last year September. The synchro had just disintegrated. I DO NOT hammer my car (s), sure I drive fast, but no burn-outs, heavy launches etc

Oh, and the actuator has now gone and needs replacing. Thankfully I have AAA extended warranty which covers me for the major items.
            GM quality....not surprised. My friends SS seems to be loosing the top mounts as well, almost 100K on the clock.

How the hell dyou loose 5th and 6th ?! Why would the syncros just give up ? Wrong oil ? Leak ?

Comment

How the hell dyou loose 5th and 6th ?! Why would the syncros just give up ? Wrong oil ? Leak ?
              They put Auto gear box oil in the T56 manual gear box - go figure!
              2012 Camaro SS
              2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Comment

They put Auto gear box oil in the T56 manual gear box - go figure!
                No that's normal. Even BMW use ATF in their manuals. It's better for cold running, easier gear shifts. But, what would cause the syncros to blow? Bad clutch? That shoud effect the rest of the gears as well though....And the T56 is known to be bullet proof!

Comment

big time

I also use Super all the time but sometimes I wonder, is it that much of a difference? I mean I have heard many people say the fuel here is rubbish anyway , no matter if its super or special. This is just a rumour I don't know whether its true or not.
                  07 E64 650i Silver

sigpic

Comment

From my experience, Ive used Special and Super on my M, the day I started using Super I realised the car had become more responsive and friendly.. Since then its only Super for me..

Comment

I always use Super, once for like 20 Dhs the guy put special and when i notice i stopped the pump and told him to change to super other then that my baby only tasted the best.
                      Super gives you a little more performance but in the same time it increases your fuel consumption. Its more expensive to buy and burns more quickly. I enjoy filling up. I don't know if you notice this but mostly there are lines at the pump but for German cars which have there petrol tank on the right its always empty.In my head I'm like :neener:.

ps-In my hand book it says if I use anything below 95 octane (special) I will damage my engine.
                      335i (Dual Clutch Transmission)-BMW Performance Exhaust- JB 4 -Stage 2 aFe Dual Cone Intakes-aFe air scoops-M tech kit-19" M Rims Painted Gunmetal-Michelin PS2
                      White Angel Eyes-Carbon Fiber Mirror caps-BMW Performance High Speed Fan (850watts)-BMW Performance Diffuser-BMW Performance Stripes

Comment

If I'm getting low, and am at one of the garages that don't have super (wtf is with that anyway), I'll pop 20 dinks into the tank to make it to a real gas station. Only time my car ever tastes the cheap stuff. Does it make a difference? Not sure, but for the cars sake, not going to take a chance.

My CBR900RR back in the states used to choke on the cheap stuff when I tried to switch, so there was for sure a difference for that. Not sure about a big BMW V8.
                        -Dirk
                        2004 545i, Gulf Spec, Sports Suspension, RPI Cat-back exhaust, LCI Hella Tail lights w/V6 cable, Ipod adapter, Pro-Nav Retrofitted, Shadowline trim, Elite Motorsports Stage II LED Angel Eyes Upgrade, M166 OEM wheels (M6 offsets), xenon fogs, LCI iDrive knob and looking for Mtech front and sides!
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X