Petrol - Super or Special for the M3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Petrol - Super or Special for the M3?

Should I continue to use Super or will I be good with Special OR do I fill x2 with Super and then x1 with Special?

Daft question but thought I would ask. There is however, a method to my daft question as the handbook for the CR8 clearly states that I should use Super!

Thoughts/comments?
    1997 E36 M3 Evo: OMP bucket seats, Bilstein shocks & Eibach springs, Eisemann race rear muffler, 18"ASA AR1's, polybushed, short shifter,
    2012 Camaro SS
    2007 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab: 6" lift,
    2008 Mercedes SLK 350

I believe the higher the octane number the better since ///M cars have higher compression engines.
    sigpic
    BMW Sets standards on sports cars, others follow.

Comment

Only super my friend

Comment

Super for the M cars !

Comment

^^+1 im with the guys by using super for M cars...im using also super for 318i :D

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
          E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

I use special :P

Comment

I used special once cause I could not get Super.

Suffered a severe de tune on my car. :thumbsdown:
              sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Originally posted by eoudeh View Post
                ^^+1 im with the guys by using super for M cars...im using also super for 318i :D
                :laughhard: Exactlu what I was think:laughhard:
                sigpic

Jerez Black 2008 E92 M3 - The beast unleashed

History:
                Black 2005 E46 330ci Mtech2
                Silver 2003 E46 330i Mtech2
                Black 2002 E46 320i Mtech2
                Black 1986 E28 535i
                Burgundi 1986 E23 728i
                Blue 1985 E30 323i Mtech
                Hellrot 1981 E21 325i

Comment

Only super my friend
                  i used it for all :) its the best
                  sigpic
                  • BMS Dual intake system • BMS Oil Catch Can • BMS Oil Thermostat • COBB FMIC • COBB AccessPort V3 • Aerodynamic kit‬‏ • M Package • Cp-e Tial BOV •Cp-e 3" catless DP • Wedge performance stg3 map • Fox super SS cutback • MMP 2.5 Turbo inlets & outlets • CF Front Splitter Lip Diffuser

When fast cars become cheap, the wrong type of people buy them
                  and the e36 M3 is one of the biggest victims of this phenomenon" - BMW Car Magazine

Comment

The higher the octane the better, especially for hotter climates. Reduces chances of knock, specifically in high compression engines as Shkater stated.
                    sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                    Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                    LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                    P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                    Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

:thanks::thanks:

I use Super in all our cars, so will continue to do so in the M3.
                      1997 E36 M3 Evo: OMP bucket seats, Bilstein shocks & Eibach springs, Eisemann race rear muffler, 18"ASA AR1's, polybushed, short shifter,
                      2012 Camaro SS
                      2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Comment

Good.

On a side note Yorky, hows living with the CR8 daily ? Is the suspension stiffer than the standard SS 6.0 ?
                        Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims

Comment

Originally posted by SewerSideUp View Post
                          Good.

On a side note Yorky, hows living with the CR8 daily ? Is the suspension stiffer than the standard SS 6.0 ?
                          Yes, the suspension is stiffer but comfortable. I have also lowered mine with a set of springs and still its comfortable.

The car has a solid feel to it on the road.

OE Clutch is easy on the left leg too. She is a great highway "mile muncher" and no need to drop gears to overtake or pull away. Hell, I pull away from lights etc in 3rd sometimes:nono:

If you are serious about getting one of these, let me warn you first about servicing and parts costs - fecking expensive.
                          2012 Camaro SS
                          2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Comment

I'm not asking about it for me, but my friend's got a 07' SS 6.0 LS2 which he's playing with.

He put H&R Sport springs, I was thinking if the shocks on the CR8 were stiffer and not just the springs, perhaps he can use them to further stiffen up the SS. What springs did you use ?

As far as torque, these things are nuts! Overtaking can be done at 1,400RPMs in 5th FFS!!!

What about the parts? I remember my friend used to pay 800AED for an oil change at Al Ghamdi, 800AED !!!!

PS: Me plus an American Sports car will not happen. No disrespect or anything, but I'm a BMW driver! I had to choose between my car and Camaro, V8 or I4.....But the question really was drivers car or just power?

Weird thing is, my dad's a GM trained tech and he's got a shop in SHJ so I pretty much grew up working with these cars.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerSideUp View Post
                              I'm not asking about it for me, but my friend's got a 07' SS 6.0 LS2 which he's playing with.

He put H&R Sport springs, I was thinking if the shocks on the CR8 were stiffer and not just the springs, perhaps he can use them to further stiffen up the SS. What springs did you use ?

As far as torque, these things are nuts! Overtaking can be done at 1,400RPMs in 5th FFS!!!

What about the parts? I remember my friend used to pay 800AED for an oil change at Al Ghamdi, 800AED !!!!

PS: Me plus an American Sports car will not happen. No disrespect or anything, but I'm a BMW driver! I had to choose between my car and Camaro, V8 or I4.....But the question really was drivers car or just power?

Weird thing is, my dad's a GM trained tech and he's got a shop in SHJ so I pretty much grew up working with these cars.
                              I put Eibachs on mine.

What you have to remember is that HSV/CSV is a Trademarked name so they can charge you your "meat & 2 veg" for anything. Lets me give you an example (I love this):

x4 sets of brake pads - AED7,000
                              x4 discs - AED19,000
                              Servicing costs: AED1,100 - 2,000 every 10,000km!
                              2012 Camaro SS
                              2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Comment

Working...
                              X