No announcement yet.

BMW-M3 ENGINE 6 CYLINDER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think the weight of the car should make any difference on the Dyno.

If anything, more weight should help to push the wheels down on the rollers.
    sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
      of course he will get good times...

can someone confirm this. let's assume engine X produces 300wheel hp on chassis A on a dyno. if you put this same engine on Chassis B which weighs significantly less will that yield a higher number of wheel hp reading on that same dyno?

i've read this on several forums and usually people put more power when they swap engines in lighter cars. it has to do with the dyno callibration.
      Truth to the matter, the guys here r running crazy mods on their bmws and yet they keep a tight lid over it so that no one knows what they r using, from what I've personally seen, the hill climb bmws in leb are all running new engines with CF intakes and all sorts of new internals and they all use Motec for management.
      Those cars r as mad as those group B rally cars in the 80s :D

as for the weight effecting Dyno, well it doesnt make much sense to me to be honest but i cant be so sure

Comment

i've taken a ride in several s5XbXX e30 swapped cars, they are all strong and fast trust me. but the question remains does the weight theaory apply?

As car weight drops dyno figures go up? plus what dyno is that on the facebook link?

Comment

Hey guys,

Bruno, easy on lebanese bro, not all of them are fake...
          the easiest way to get more dyno result is to input a wrong car weight to the dyno.
          For information only, the e36 m3 evo 3.2 engine was the first naturally aspired engine that can make more than 100 Hp for every litre, as the engine is around 3.2L and the horsepower was 321.
          sigpic

My signature photo says it all!!!

Comment

myb its M5 6L!!
            sigpic
            Some People Are Alive ONLY Because It's Illegal To Kill Them!

Comment

Working...
            X