Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW-M3 ENGINE 6 CYLINDER

GUYS.
    I want to open small discussion about M3 engine 3.6 L.
    is it possible this engine can reach 440 HP. as NA Engine

there was no M3 engine 3.6L

it was either 3.0 or 3.2

Comment

the idea is ...can it happen that M3 v6 engine produce 440 hp as NA engine

Comment

never... btw it's an inline 6 and not V6

Comment

A bit of history about the s54b32… this engine is derived from the 3.0 inline-6 found in the Non-M version e46 330i. They have technically stroked it or made every component beefier and bigger, they even put so much time in developing the exhaust system to perfect this engine to produce instead of 229BHP an astonishing 343BHP that alone is an accomplishment. Then again they came up with CSL version of this motor, it had improved internals with improved headers, and improved air intake. That was able to give it another 30HP or so.

Bottom line is this engine is already running at it’s limits there is minimum room for play, you can lighten the internals and do a head job for valves etc… people claim too much stuff especially leabanese people. If one guy comes to you and tells you that know for sure that he is BSing as usual

Comment

man check it out the car.....they are saying that its 447 hp

http://www.facebook.com/pages/ATM-Dy...v=430112115848

Comment

i told you if it's lebanese it means it's bullshit. the calculations of the lebanese people who always exagerate by let's assume a constant factor of 20% on average. so BS + lebanon = :thumbsdown: rockets in making

Comment

yep man...bass wala 3aybbbb haikk...ya3ni this engine is better than nascar engine...

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                  i told you if it's lebanese it means it's bullshit. the calculations of the lebanese people who always exagerate by let's assume a constant factor of 20% on average. so BS + lebanon = :thumbsdown: rockets in making
                  +1 :laughhard:

Comment

:rofl2:
                    sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

hahaha bruno made my day :rofl:
                      sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
                      E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
                      E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
                      E23 735i - Sold

Comment

:lol:
                        07 E64 650i Silver

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                          A bit of history about the s54b32… this engine is derived from the 3.0 inline-6 found in the Non-M version e46 330i. They have technically stroked it or made every component beefier and bigger, they even put so much time in developing the exhaust system to perfect this engine to produce instead of 229BHP an astonishing 343BHP that alone is an accomplishment. Then again they came up with CSL version of this motor, it had improved internals with improved headers, and improved air intake. That was able to give it another 30HP or so.
                          17 bhp to be exact :)

On another note, this car is for Charbel Farhat and is truly a beast as i have seen it many times on hill climbs getting close times to evos sometimes but 447 bhp is a bit far fetched.

Comment

if that engine revs 10K rpms or more with proper mods
                            then it will crack 400+ hp easily ( NA )
                            I remember Charbel Farhat when he participated in Rumman
                            hill climb many years ago with an e21 that had an engine
                            revving sky high ( rumors were that it's a 12k rpm engine
                            built for circuit racing in france , but don't count on me for that !! )
                            he was so damn close to EVO timings & the screaming 6 cylinders was OHHHH LORD :bow:

O.T. seriously guys what's the meaning of name " Charbel " ??

Comment

of course he will get good times...

can someone confirm this. let's assume engine X produces 300wheel hp on chassis A on a dyno. if you put this same engine on Chassis B which weighs significantly less will that yield a higher number of wheel hp reading on that same dyno?

i've read this on several forums and usually people put more power when they swap engines in lighter cars. it has to do with the dyno callibration.

Comment

Working...
                              X