No announcement yet.

Car Wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even if it were flooding, after cranking the engine so many times over since Saturday any excess fuel should be completely out of the combustion chambers.

It's an electronic problem and not a mechanical one since all the plugs are firing fine. There is no fuel being delivered to the engine or atleast to the chambers.

@ mahsiri925, I'm not sure about SAAB. But, BMW's don't have a CKP fuse. There's a main ECU fuse instead. If a CKP, CMP or Knock sensor shorts out in a BMW it'll fry the entire wiring loom. Be warned!
    sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
    Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
    LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
    P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
    Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

it was one of the sensors mounted right behind the cooling fan. the one mounted below not the 2 above, I'm not sure if thats one called Crank sensor. whats so freakin weird is that its not giving a code on the scanner since sometimes its giving signal and sometimes its not so it was throwing us off until we resorted to changing it and trying to start the car and it worked.

The car is working now, i still haven't driven it for more than 2Kms but i will tonight and hope also the bogging issue I've had was caused by the same sensor and now is gone. fingers crossed!

Thanks everybody for your inputs :)

Comment

Glad it worked out well.
        sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

ya thats the crank sensor.... some times the scanning tools is just waste of time....

happy 4 u :)
          sigpic
          Some People Are Alive ONLY Because It's Illegal To Kill Them!

Comment

great thats good news update us :)

E36 1996 325 coupe MT + supercharged RIP
            E30 1990 325 M50 Mtech + Bolt On's CURRENT
            E30 1989 325 M50 Mtech coupe MT + RIP
            E30 1990 325 M50 Mtech coupe AT SOLD
            E30 1991 325 low 4door AT SOLD
            E30 1988 320 ac schnitzer 4door AT RIP
            E36 1992 325 M50nv MT DRIFT/RACE CAR CURRENT
            E34 1991 525 ac schnitzer Daily CURRENT

Comment

Working...