A thought for my m3 e46

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A thought for my m3 e46

Hi guys Currently my mileage is still not bad 65000 and I dont sell the cars I buy in general so i was thinking to gradually shift it into a track car..in like two to three years from now..so I want to start gradually doing that but without loosing the comforability of a daily drive till two years from now plus I know these things would cost heavy so i want to segregate it into phases with a defined budget

So u guys are the gurus in tuning and track cars and project cars I would like to hear ur openion
    PS:Currently the car is stock and agency maintained
    sigpic
    :///M: More POWER Means More RESPONSIBILTIES .....at the end you ll pay ur freakin traffic fines like everybody so stop smoking whatever u have been smoking:smoke:

if possible someone can layout to me what i can do in phases and what should be done first
    sigpic
    :///M: More POWER Means More RESPONSIBILTIES .....at the end you ll pay ur freakin traffic fines like everybody so stop smoking whatever u have been smoking:smoke:

Comment

Most important primary mods you need are scoops, pulleys, full exhaust and a tune.. That will gradually increase the power of your car without sacrificing the comfort of daily driving..

Later you can touch the suspension and other stuff for handling..

Mods list is endless if you want to build a track car..

Comment

thx ali baik:) thats why I want to start on a difinte point i dont want to fix something and then have to remove on the next phase thats why am thinking to plan it ahead i remmember we had a qatari race driver who did the same to his car and it was an intresting thread to read.lets say i want something similar but on phases the quistion is what to do first
        sigpic

Comment

i say start with a chip since your agency maintained but am no pro just my openion :)

E36 1996 325 coupe MT + supercharged RIP
          E30 1990 325 M50 Mtech + Bolt On's CURRENT
          E30 1989 325 M50 Mtech coupe MT + RIP
          E30 1990 325 M50 Mtech coupe AT SOLD
          E30 1991 325 low 4door AT SOLD
          E30 1988 320 ac schnitzer 4door AT RIP
          E36 1992 325 M50nv MT DRIFT/RACE CAR CURRENT
          E34 1991 525 ac schnitzer Daily CURRENT

Comment

from what i have been told chiping is after u finish doing all mods related to power (like what ali mentioned) then u go for chipping but this is not the objective lets say i want it to be a full real track tool in two years from now
            sigpic

Comment

im with ali but be sure after two years from starting the project, say goodbye for the comfortability :D since you need to remove and replace evrythings heavy inside/outside the ride to loose some wieght and the list is endless man :) i ll give you such example to be aware of the whole work.....and its not just what i ll mentioned, the guys here more expert on this ..

the bellow list i was trying to do it with my E46 before i got the bad report from traffic dep. in abu dhabi that i cant swap/put an 6 cylinder engine coz the car already with 4 cylinder...then i bought the M5 .......but now im dreaming again to help you on this :D

i will start with the engine/transmission, dont know if u wana swap th smg to manual ;) but i think u ll keep it :D, you need an
              - Air Intake system to let the engine breath properly
              - Performance underdrive pullies
              - Software tunning
              - racing plugs
              - as ali said complet st. st. exhaust system with headers
              - performance coil packs

then ll look to the suspension:
              - Dual adjustable struts/shocks
              - Springs, i belive you got some spring recently :)
              - Adjustable camber plates/Camber adjustable rear control arms
              - All OEM shock mounts to be replaced with heavy duty one
              - Race adjustable front sway bar
              - Front strut brace
              - Aluminum rear shock tower brace
              - Powerflex front control arm/rear trailing arm bushings
              - Solid aluminum rear subframe bushings to avoid the crack
              - Solid aluminum engine mounts
              - Ssolid aluminum transmission mounts

then ll consider the brak system:
              - Front/Rear big brake kit with cross drilled rotors
              - Front brake cooling kit
              - Any good brand stainless steel brake lines front & rear

then the thing which you ll not like :D the interior:
              - Changing all the OEM seats with sport one such as Recaro/Sparco including the aluminum floor mounts/aluminum seat brackets
              - Quick release steering hub adapter
              - Roll cage tubing
              - Aluminum pedals

athe important parts along with the above mentioned the exterior:
              - CF hood with vents & aluminium hood pins
              - CF replica trunk lid to reduce the weight
              - Windows motor must be delete if its possible :)

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
              E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

hope u ll not get bored reading all wht i mention :rofl:

E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Exaaaactly this is what am talkin about...I think the interior and weight reduction would be the last phase right??

and yes my springs are here;)
                  sigpic

Comment

yes...dont worry about the interior now...last last :)

Comment

for example my rear control arms needs to be changed as per inspection 2 in the agency and this as per them is the reason behind why allignment is not happening since te day i bought the car... so i was thinking why dont i change for something that i would utilize in the future instead of replacing it with a new stock rear control arm that i will change in two years from now if this babe is going to be a track tool...

for cooling I guess I need also some stuff for oil and water right?
                      sigpic

Comment

and no worries defnitly its gonna be a manual ...u have got to do what u have got to do at the end right;)
                        sigpic

Comment

man..we just start the list.....:D its endless list, oil cooler, heavy duty water pump, and i think some modification for the engine such as connection rod bearing and other stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmed.Sallam View Post
                            and no worries defnitly its gonna be a manual ...u have got to do what u have got to do at the end right;)
                            in this case, you need heavy duty clutch :D, heavy duty clutch/aluminum flywheel/short shift kit/ect...

Comment

actually whats pushing me into this direction that abu dhabi in general and the new traffic survillance system is gonna be an 80 k speed city..in two to three years not a single road will be left.. for me I dont see a point of driving an m3 if u cant push it beyond 3rd gear as a daily drive..u know me I dont buy things for its good looks:)
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X