Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frustrated

Greetings,

So as it would seem, I have busted the coolant pipe during my shj industrial exploration mission today (1 hr long :P) . It developed a crack and I had to leave the car in the garage for a day.

This has really made me frustrated, as, such small issues keep coming up and the car needs to be taken to the hospital every now and then for repairs. Currently, closing 180k, my drive is about 80kms per day and I am beginning to wonder if the car can really handle it anymore.

3 major servicing in the last 1 year has costed me about 18 grand and this does not even include the minor visits for the door lock actuator, battery replacement, fan replacement etc etc etc...

Am I missing something here or is this expected to be normal? I use this as my daily car and it seems to be telling me to keep it only for the weekends as I definitely wont be giving it away .. we have had too many good times :P

feedback appreciated..

rgrds

You Can Take your Car to Das ( President's garage ) For a complete Checkup and im sure he'll help you with your problem
    sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
    E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
    E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
    E23 735i - Sold

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

Always cheaper to do all the work needed in one go, otherwise it's the endless maze you're currenly walking. :)

Comment

that is the next plan.. I need to get the rims repaired first though.. got recommendation... just need to find time to visit the place... its a mission to go to sharjah industrial all the way.. :P

N i agree Ayham... that maze is driving me crazy... the car was at Tony's for 10 days.. n 3 days later, the pipe burst...loll...

I am on a lookout for a new car as well over the last week... looked at audi, lexus, volvo n merc so far.. but shelling out 150-200k in this season is pushing me on the back foot...

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.509 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/179)

My advice to you is get a toyota prado if u r not willing to spend on a german car.

Comment

You'll always get back to buying a BMW in no time after owning any of the above.

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.509 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/179)

Been living on japanese cars for the past year and they all can suck my b...s but I have to give them credit as for when they breakdown they somehow seem to manage to be driven with a vast variety of mechanical failures lol

Comment

Comparing Japanese with German cars is like comparing apples with oranges..

Comment

+1

E36 1996 325 coupe MT + supercharged RIP
                  E30 1990 325 M50 Mtech + Bolt On's CURRENT
                  E30 1989 325 M50 Mtech coupe MT + RIP
                  E30 1990 325 M50 Mtech coupe AT SOLD
                  E30 1991 325 low 4door AT SOLD
                  E30 1988 320 ac schnitzer 4door AT RIP
                  E36 1992 325 M50nv MT DRIFT/RACE CAR CURRENT
                  E34 1991 525 ac schnitzer Daily CURRENT

Comment

... or comparing Lager to Sake, particularly the interior quality :)

Comment

@Bruno... I already have a prado :P
                      and owning both i can vouch 540i is way n beyond in terms of driving experience and luxury.. except when bm goes between 100-120 and the entire car shakes :P.. yes yes.. rims wil b fixed soon... very soon inshalla
                      everytime i drive the prado during the day.. the day feels incomplete, like somethings missing.. :P n den i go bak in 540i during nite and a sense of satisfaction takes over :)

ES350 was very big and very comfortable... it was like driving a limo.... but it looks like an old man's car (sorry no offense) .. very executive type designing

But I wanna go german...test drove audi a6.. but wasent very satisfying.. mayb cause it was a 2.0T ? it was like i had to literally push the car... lol :P
                      Next will be 3 'er for the test driving :) once i find some time

Comment

im currently driving an e90 325 very practical for daily commute... im not sure about reliability

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9500/5.0.0.841 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/124)

The É90 should not have any issues.

How many cars do you have sir. I think you should list them all in your siggy or somewhere.
                          Last edited by Hasan Shaikh; 27-09-2010, 06:03 PM.
                          sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

i dont think there is enough space for that... 2M5's, 2M3's, 1 325, "japanese carS all of last year" (*wondering how many* :P) ... and those are onez mentioned in just this thread :P

bruno.. u must have like a separate house for all ur cars :) lol

Comment

lol that's my mom's car... she left for a vacation so i borowed it :wiggle:

after putting around 1000kms on the odometer my impressions are as follows:

negative points:
                              _ when the car is left in the sun some of the pixels of the radio screen fade away and when it cools down they go back to normal. i will try to clame that on good will
                              _ it was serviced at agmc and they replaced the pads. the car over bites in stop and go traffic. need to go give them a hard time.
                              _ i always new that run flats were funny to drive, but they seem dangerous and wierd. especially on uneven surface

positive points:
                              _spacy
                              _economic, a full tank can make you hit an easy 500kms on a mixed highway/city driving.. i do rev high most of the time
                              _ sharp turns, almost no body role
                              _ it's a solid car, better than any altima, camry, accord that i've driven in the past couple of months.
                              _ well worth the money.

here you go... you just got a free feedback:orderarrived:

Comment

Working...
                              X