• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

excuse me bimmers but I have to laugh on this one :rofl: :rofl:
    SMG = it is too intelligent that it is stupid :P
    I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

Well here is my problem now.... My mornings are hell, when I get into the car, start it up everything is fine. Then as I drive off it goes into neutral (0) and the Transmission light comes on. I then pull it over and turn the car off for about a few seconds and the light goes off and I start it again, all is fine again. (Its a huge problem with traffic in the morning and at a light especially.) Again I see the Trans light but it is shifting, so I drive to work and park it. Then I come back to it in a couple of hours and no light and no problem, it's like nothing is wrong now for the whole day so I drive it all day. Do u think its a problem with the program or the computer or is it the Salmon relay acting up? I will change it today and see.
      Last edited by syd9d; 13-04-2010, 08:44 AM.
      sigpic
      2003 BMW E46 M3
      3.2 Litre Straight 6 Naturally Aspirated Engine

Comment

just change the relay and we'll take it from there.

pass by the garage. i have like 4 relays in the drawer. pull one and chack it on the car if it works for a few days with no issues your porblem is solved. if not you might want to consider checking you actuator and see if the pressure is right. most propbably it won't be and you will have to repalce it.

start with the relay. good luck

Comment

Originally posted by syd9d View Post
          Well here is my problem now.... My mornings are hell, when I get into the car, start it up everything is fine. Then as I drive off it goes into neutral (0) and the Transmission light comes on. I then pull it over and turn the car off for about a few seconds and the light goes off and I start it again, all is fine again. (Its a huge problem with traffic in the morning and at a light especially.) Again I see the Trans light but it is shifting, so I drive to work and park it. Then I come back to it in a couple of hours and no light and no problem, it's like nothing is wrong now for the whole day so I drive it all day. Do u think its a problem with the program or the computer or is it the Salmon relay acting up? I will change it today and see.
          I had the exact same problem on a customers car for the past few days.
          What I found was that the smg reservoir(top up bottle) feed pipe to the smg pump was leaking(slight leak) and sucking air and fluid into the pump.
          The car would drive every morning for about 7 min and then jump into neutral with the smg light come on,I had to wait for about 1 min and then it would be ok again but with the smg light on.

Reservoir feed pipe fitted problem solved !

Check your pipe under your reservoir !

Hope this helps !

Comment

syd9d....any update? did you check out the reservoir?
            Current
            E92 M3 - Mineral White
            F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
            E36 318is
            E39 540i ///M sport
            VW CC
            E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

It was the smg salmon relay, got one from AGMC for like 35 bucks and popped it in there and no problems so far. Thanks for the input guys, its always nice to know that these problems are common and finding the fix can be frustrating as these cars are "rare works of art."
              sigpic
              2003 BMW E46 M3
              3.2 Litre Straight 6 Naturally Aspirated Engine

Comment

great to know that! :)
                Current
                E92 M3 - Mineral White
                F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                E36 318is
                E39 540i ///M sport
                VW CC