Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Important Update Regarding Engine Heating Problem, M3 Ownerss!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

buying without making calculations is very useful when cars are involved

Comment

For a good cooling engine change ur waterpump, try buying a upgraded pump from turner maybe as the cost is less I believe then a original. Flush ur system properly and then use Redline water wetter! This works great and you need at least 2 bottles for your car which u mix with the original BMW coolant. Works for me, never heated up and I drive it like I stole it! haha

SMG issue is clearly OIL.. get ur oil replaced ASAP!
      Current:
      2011 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade "Repsol Edition"..

Past ///M's:
      2002 E39 M5 M/6speed LeMans Blue|Reuters Catback|SS Brake lines|EBC pads|Dinan strut brace|B&G Springs|19" VMR VB3 CSL Style rims|IATS|Lower grill with brake ducts|aFe Stage 2 intakes|Evosport under drive pulleys "audiophile"|ZHP Shifter with Alcantara boot and Alcantara handbrake boot|+++
      2001 E46 M3 Coupe M/6speed Silver
      1991 E34 M5 3.6L M/5speed Red
      1993 E34 M5 3.8L M/5speed Black

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
        ^^
        Don’t only change the fan clutch just do the extra step of changing the water pump and thermostat
        Hi,
        My mechanc says that fixng this heat problem is a process. You cant just go replace the water pump!
        You have to test if the fan is working, he mentioned 2 different speeds for the fan. If that is workng, then you change the fan clutch and bleed the system as one step. this should solve the problem, he says 85% of the time! if not, then you are unlucky ad need to change the water pump. he also mentioned getting the one with metal blades (not plastic).

Changing the fan clutch and bleeding system worked 100% for me! the temp in my car today was 53 degrees!!! and i drove the car like i'm on track! lol! just to test it! the tempreture did not move one mm from the center!
        sigpic
        Audi R8 - White / Blk
        Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Originally posted by Naj View Post
          SMG issue is clearly OIL.. get ur oil replaced ASAP!

I will check on that soon! I'm worried!
          sigpic
          Audi R8 - White / Blk
          Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Water pumps on the "S" motors have had metal blades since 1997.

Naj, there is no aftermarket water pump for the S54 motor. It's so good nobody could come up with anything better. It's just that it's time for replacing it.

P.S: This shows how car manufacturers mentality has shifted toward making profit from selling spare parts more frequently. Our M3s have done 120K km on average and they need most of the cooling system components changed. My E36 has done 210K km with 2 seasons without changing anything other than the brakes ONCE (touch on wood). But I can keep mentioning numereous examples of how bullet-proof older bimmers (and other makes) were built.

Comment

Originally posted by RiFo View Post
              1) Ayham:
              - Water Pump (Part# 11517831907)
              - Fan clutch (Part# 11527831619)
              - T-stat (Part# 11531318274)
              2) Rafik:
              - T-Stat (Part# 11531318274)

can u come back with the prices before u purchase please ??
              I need to make some calculations before i purchase :)

ayham can you get me the prices of the below list? i want to change these parts regardless of their condition
              - Fan clutch (Part# 11527831619)
              - T-stat (Part# 11531318274)

Comment

I've ordered a stock of these....Once they reach I'll let you know!

Comment

Working...
                X