Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Important Update Regarding Engine Heating Problem, M3 Ownerss!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Important Update Regarding Engine Heating Problem, M3 Ownerss!!!

Okay ragarding that engine heating problem we all have!
    It continued with me and it became unbearable! Keep in mind i'm in Kuwait, and its like 53 degrees in here!!!
    I took advices listed in my previous thread.
    I bought the fan clutch, which cost me 865 dirhams after 15% discount!
    Flushed the cooling system, put new coolant! bleeding was done properly!
    Now the tempreture does not exceed half, i drove it like crazy! and its working great! i still have to test it in the heat! tomorrow i guess during the day! i will update u guys! i'm so happy it worked!

One more thing, and i hope it does not turn into a catastrophe!!!
    I was driving my car, thats before fixing the heat problem, and i got stuck in this major traffic!!! for almost 2 hours. the car didnt heat up as i was still most of the time, but then when i got out of the traffic, i drove, the tempreture went up, and all of a sudden the gear goes from 4th to neutral (SMG)!!!!!!! i tried shifting back but it didnt work! i tried it 3 times until it worked! i also stopped on the side. put the gear on neutral, tried to switch to 1st gear, and it didnt work except after trying twice.
    I was so worried as a warning signal came up on dashboard! yellow circle with edges on circle line (relating to SMG gear).
    I was worried i ruined my gear box or something. Today it worked fine. But i'm sure yesterdays incedent affected it somehow! got it worn out! maybe!
    What do you guys think?????????
    Last edited by LSB_M3; 30-06-2008, 01:31 AM.
    sigpic
    Audi R8 - White / Blk
    Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Great changing ur fan clutch along with a new coolant and proper bleeding did the trick :wiggle:

--------> i still think that u should check ur water pump and ur thermostate.....

Now for the SMG problem. I think that u should check ur SMG fluid as soon as possible.... it might be low on oil.....(the oil is CHF 11s)

If its the oil then there is a leak (most probably form the SMG lines)...4 braded ss lines for about 600-800 dhs.......

Another cenario would be the clutch plate and oil heated up and the car went into limp mode.......Maybe not sure :rofl:
    sigpic
    iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
    Falcons Garage
    Carbotech

Comment

I think it's the same problem that happened with Tariq's car in that Autox round you and him showed for. It's most likely that your clutch heated up and to prevent further damage the car went into safe mode.

Comment

Is checking the oil leak in SMG a simple task????
        sigpic
        Audi R8 - White / Blk
        Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

yea, just lift the car up on a jack lift and check the solid stainless lines around the gearbox. It's going to be dirty anyway, so wash the car from beneath, then inspect 2 days later.

If they're leaking, there will be green-ish oil around the lines.

Comment

Bad news !!!! today while i was just standing still in the car with no movement at all..the car was running and the temp was around 49.5 C ....The temp needle just moved little bit to the right ....not even 1mm !! i revved the engine a bit and the temp went down :\
            Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
            Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
            Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
            Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
            1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
            Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
            eMail:
            Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Fan Clutch syndrome..

Comment

^^his fan clutch is 1 month old which leaves it out of the problem.

Guys i searched for days about this topic........ many people have this problem on other forums. They changed the fan clutch and thermostat and nothing happened and from reading through the threads they say that the pump loses the effeminacy with time and when getting abused the car will be expecting the pump to be pumping the sufficient amount of water, but unfortunately the slightly inefficient pump my prove to be extremely weak pushing higher temperatures on your cluster. Their problems were solved after changing the pump.

Don’t only change the fan clutch just do the extra step of changing the water pump and thermostat

Comment

Makes sense...

Group order it is then on new pumps, T-stat, and fan clutch.

Comment

Hello Marwan LOL

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                    Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                    eMail:
                    Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

List what you want here so I can take it there in one lump:

1) Ayham:
                      - Water Pump (Part# 11517831907)
                      - Fan clutch (Part# 11527831619)
                      - T-stat (Part# 11531318274)

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                        Makes sense...

Group order it is then on new pumps, T-stat, and fan clutch.
                        me wants one too

Originally posted by RiFo View Post
                        Hello Marwan LOL
                        what did marwan tell you?

Comment

Use chain list above..

Comment

1) Ayham:
                            - Fan clutch (Part# 11527831619)
                            - T-stat (Part# 11531318274)
                            2) Rafik:
                            - T-Stat (Part# 11531318274)

can u come back with the prices before u purchase please ??
                            I need to make some calculations before i purchase :)

Need Assistance?
                            eMail:
                            Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Ofcourse bro!! LOL, am not Bruno :D

Comment

Working...
                              X