Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
    ^^ Very unlikely..

I have to suspect that it's due from leaving the car idle for too long. I strongly suggest that you swap the MAF sensor with another one and see how it runs with it. They go bust easily if left unoperational for a while.

What is the MAF sensor?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by naseem80 View Post
      What is the MAF sensor?
      Mass Air Flow sensor :read:

Comment

Originally posted by naseem80 View Post
        What is the MAF sensor?
        Don't ever buy another part or do anything to your car before you consult this forum

MAF= Mass Air sensors
        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
        Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
        Schrick cams
        Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
        Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
        KW Coilovers V3
        WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

but why MAF does so in second gear only ?
          I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

Originally posted by mahmoud_bedewi View Post
            but why MAF does so in second gear only ?
            +1

I think it's fuel related
            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mods
            Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
            Schrick cams
            KW Coilovers V3

sigpic

Comment

a question is
              is it related to 2nd gear ?
              or related to 5-7 rpm range
              i mean does it happen with 2nd gear only or happens in all gears around 5-7 rpm?
              I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

^^ That was a question I asked. Need to know if it's in all gears or not.

Fuel should be out of the question since he's replaced his fuel pump. Left is the fuel filter and injectors; unlikely it's them.

Comment

I was thinking about your issue on my home tonight and I remember that the same problem happened to me in the E36 328 some 2 years ago; Camshaft Position Sensor and/or Crankshaft Position Snesor.

It can't be anything outside these three sensors (including the MAF).

Comment

Hi guy's
                    We can all keep guessing untill the cows come home,Pop into the "X" Centre and I will tell you the cause of the missfire by my GT1 or my carsoft laptop?
                    Free diagnostic check for you matey!!!!!!

Comment

if it was any of the sensors an error code should be thrown somehow

Comment

An ERROR code would show up if any of the info senors were faulty but a faulty MAF senor would not show up.

Comment

^ +1....

The problem with misfire codes is that they don't tell you what's causing the misfire. So let's pray a faulty sensor code would show up.

Please keep us posted..

Comment

Take the car for a nice AbuDhabi route highway run, so if theres any carbon build up u can clear out all the crap. I realize sometimes when I park my car for a week or so it doesnt run as great when I start driving it again, usually takes a day or so to run normal again...

Comment

Originally posted by shak "X" View Post
                              Hi guy's
                              We can all keep guessing untill the cows come home,Pop into the "X" Centre and I will tell you the cause of the missfire by my GT1 or my carsoft laptop?
                              Free diagnostic check for you matey!!!!!!
                              Shak to the rescue:bmwflag:"We need a superhero smily"

Mods
                              Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
                              Schrick cams
                              KW Coilovers V3

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samer110 View Post
                                Take the car for a nice AbuDhabi route highway run, so if theres any carbon build up u can clear out all the crap. I realize sometimes when I park my car for a week or so it doesnt run as great when I start driving it again, usually takes a day or so to run normal again...
                                I don't think you get carbon buildup parking your car for a long period of time. But +1 for a good highway blast every now and then to clean it out.

Mods
                                Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
                                Schrick cams
                                KW Coilovers V3

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X