Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My M3 is Misfiring

Dear Mates....
    It was a very long time i am not posting here, as i am flying everynow and then Business Trip..I am not even having time to drive my Baby..

I am having a Technical problem, i have called Shakeel (Xservice and booked her for tomorrow Morning) bass i told myself to post the problem here as i may share info, and hear your expectation.

I left the car for more than 30 days, i went back started driving it very normally..then i noticed some weird thing..whenever i push max..at the 2nd gear, while RPM approx between 5 to 7, the car Misfires :(

Let me Rephrase it, from zero: 1st gear and you reach the max..shifting smoothly to 2nd gear, keeping max push..when the RPM reaches a range between 5 and 7..the car shocks (misfres)..same feeling you feels if the car was out of petrol :)

because i am sure that this is related either to electric or petrol..i went to AGMC and i got the following parts:

!-Petrol Pump
    2-Ignition Coils
    3-Spark Plugs
    4-Fuel Filter
    5-Air filter

i got them OEM, got replaced by my friend..
    Tried the car..i felt the car is better..but still misfires from time to time..each 2 or 3 tries..it misfires once..

I have noticed since few days..that it misfires more if you tried at the morning (means still few meter driven only)..

I am really wondering where this problem is coming from?????

your Help plz

Wishing the Xservice will rectify it with low Budget :)
    sigpic

any dash lights?

BMW history:
    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

what about limp mode... it shouldn't go over 100KM/hr

Comment

any dash lights? Nothing

what about limp mode... it shouldn't go over 100KM/hr???

i didnt get your question Bruno..but you can drive the car very normally and reach max speed...but you will feel the misfiring as i expalined
        sigpic

Comment

I'm sure shak will sort you out. But why would you go and buy all these parts before know the problem? And why would you buy them from AGMC when our club sponsor offers 35% off BMW parts?
          -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
          Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
          Schrick cams
          Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
          Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
          KW Coilovers V3
          WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

Dear Alquazi..
            I didnt knew that we have 35% discounts..where i can get this discounts..abnd am I elegible?

2ndly: what i replaced was for the pupose of servicing the car at least..so that from there i know that more troubleshooting should be given ..
            sigpic

Comment

did you check your fuel regulator
              sigpic
              iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
              Falcons Garage
              Carbotech

Comment

and are you sure its miss firing not hesitating????
                sigpic
                iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
                Falcons Garage
                Carbotech

Comment

Originally posted by naseem80 View Post
                  Dear Alquazi..
                  I didnt knew that we have 35% discounts..where i can get this discounts..abnd am I elegible?
                  Are you a registered member? Did you pay your membership fee? If not you need to contact Ayham or Bruno.
                  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
                  Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
                  Schrick cams
                  Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
                  Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
                  KW Coilovers V3
                  WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

i think he has something worng in the fuel system. it sounds more like a hestition

Comment

No guys..i am sure it is a Missfiring..i can feel the car as if it got kicked from the back..

i am really confused from it..i Hate hidden problems :(

Bruno: i am not registred..please tell me how to pay you the money and got registred

thanks
                      sigpic

Comment

Is the problem only in 2nd gear?

Comment

if it was something electrical is worng the the limp mode will be activated...

maybe it's a rotational problem. perhaps a central baring issue. it's hard to tell over a post

Comment

^^ Very unlikely..

I have to suspect that it's due from leaving the car idle for too long. I strongly suggest that you swap the MAF sensor with another one and see how it runs with it. They go bust easily if left unoperational for a while.

Comment

here's another question does this happen when moving or stand still?! from the way i understood this only happens when moving.

Comment

Working...
                              X