335i coils damaged...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

335i coils damaged...

So i had the engine fault error back again just got the info from my service advisor ... according to him.. i had 3 coils damaged which doesn't make any sense to me ..so any1 of u got an idea of how could a 37,000 km done car lose its coils so fast... ??

2008 E92 335i Space Grey / Coral Red
    Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Doesn't make sense...Do you have any sort of shuddering when taking off?

Comment

no ! but there is a bit of delay at 3,000 rpm

Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

Well if it showed on their scanner then that's that I guess...

But that's defo not a typical range for coils to go bust! Have you washed the engine?

Comment

hell no man !! i dunn wash it ..but i remember that they usually wash it at AGMC but i've got no idea if they use water 4 that.. !!

www.moenajati.com

Comment

Sorry to hear that bro... that sucks! Good luck
            sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Could it be something related to a recall ? Couldn't find anything about it the recalls weve got. Maby elsewhere ?

And, have you driven in deep water ? Or a big splash/wave hit the car hard ?
              Last edited by SewerSideUp; 18-12-2008, 05:37 PM. Reason: Typo
              sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
              Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
              LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
              P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
              Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

no

www.moenajati.com

Comment

Battery been disconnected and reconnected ?
                  Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims

Comment

I have never had more than 1 coil go at the same time in my time wih BMW's and I have changed 100's in the UK and over here!
                    But having said this cars that are under warranty,BMW worldwide recommend you must replace all coils with bremmie coils or bosh coils.
                    Ask your service advisor for the smooth running and coil test printouts,and see how many times these coils have failed??
                    Smooth running figures should be all 0.??? on idle any thing higher would cause a missfire.
                    Last edited by Shak; 18-12-2008, 09:56 PM.

Comment

don't they usually change the coils all in one go, regardless of which is working and which is not?

moe your car is either cursed or simply you don't know how to drive:runaway:

Comment

It's usually Rami that digs things up from the last world !
                        Recalls for this issue ? Anywhere ? Anyone ?

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                          don't they usually change the coils all in one go, regardless of which is working and which is not?

moe your car is either cursed or simply you don't know how to drive:runaway:
                          Dude my drivin has nothin to do with a coil failure but i would go with ur 1st suggestion i think this car is just Cursed !!!

www.moenajati.com

Comment

Moe mate, I’m sooooooooo sorry to hear this and hope you find a suitable answer from some forum so you can approach BMW with a “F*CK YOU, FIX IT” attitude.
                            Replacing coils ain’t no joke on ANY vehicle, newer or older (Bashar, any comment’s on the E36?)
                            Bye the way, that bruno is a wind up!!!!!!! only joking Bruno:)
                            2009 45th Anniversary Mustang GT / Black / Stock

As the Pope once told meNil Illigitimate Desperandum et phillius coumdon

Comment

Originally posted by Black Betty View Post
                              Moe mate, I’m sooooooooo sorry to hear this and hope you find a suitable answer from some forum so you can approach BMW with a “F*CK YOU, FIX IT” attitude.
                              Replacing coils ain’t no joke on ANY vehicle, newer or older (Bashar, any comment’s on the E36?)
                              Bye the way, that bruno is a wind up!!!!!!! only joking Bruno:)
                              Ur right Black Betty as i installed mine for the amount of 1740dhs along with the rubber sockets that will also set u back for 405dhs...... and ofcourse a set of fresh sparkplugs that cost 300dhs

so it addes up to 2445dhs :bricks:

Man i was really pissed
                              sigpic
                              iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
                              Falcons Garage
                              Carbotech

Comment

Working...
                              X