Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a good deal????***********

Hello everyone,

Asking on behalf of a friend, Is this a good deal?

2006 Z4 White with red interior.
    3.0L engine (EDITED: was 2.5L). with 27,000 KM.
    No screen or Navigation.
    18" wheels (sharjah rims)

Asking price AED 90K.

Last edited by LSB_M3; 15-11-2008, 07:38 PM.
    sigpic
    Audi R8 - White / Blk
    Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

is it a 2.5i or 2.5si?

BMW history:
    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

2.5i

Whats the difference? I'm not familiar with Z4
      sigpic
      Audi R8 - White / Blk
      Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

white on red is a nice combo!

2.5i is like jmeister's car which is 177 hp while the 2.5si is 218 hp..

i don't know if there's any difference in the equipment, coz "s" stands for sports but i haven't seen any "s" Z4 that came with sports seats! so i think it's just the engine :)

BMW history:

Comment

so is it 2.5 or 3.0? i can see you've edited your original post :dunno:

if it's 3.0si then it's got the infamous 265hp engine FTW :bow:

but the rims are :thumbsdown:

BMW history:

Comment

the price is ok...a bit lowish for the mileage. I think it looks dodgy man-looks like a write-off (totalled) that has been fixed and ready to be sold.

reasons:
            1) it is a facelift with a pre-facelift bumper...why?
            2) handbrake is pulled up far too high-i have never seen that on my car, even when the brake were worn out completely. otherwise interior looks fine-those are standard "sports" seats-not to be confused with "M" Sport seats, which look different.
            3) where are the standard rims-who changes rims and puts the same size tyre on...(unless its a schnitzer!)
            4) the tailpiece does not exit straight out-maybe a front+rear job on this vehicle.
            5) shutlines dont look even, especially in the boot (trunk) area. I know the car is built in the USA, but all my shutlines are perfect.

my advice-walk away! its cheap cos it nasty.

Think before you act.

Comment

^+1

walk away, that missing tow hook cover in the front bumper and the misaligned exhaust tips is sign not to buy the car. plus the sharjah rims adds up to the misery

Comment

excellent detective work jmeister, the car has definitely been through an accident.. the pre-facelift bumper at the front says it all!

LSB, why not consider jmeister's Z?

BMW history:

Comment

Originally posted by Haissam View Post
                  excellent detective work jmeister, the car has definitely been through an accident.. the pre-facelift bumper at the front says it all!

LSB, why not consider jmeister's Z?
                  oh yeah....i forgot to mention that important point. didnt think it was for lsb...:slap:

Think before you act.

Comment

Wat are its specs???? and price????
                    sigpic
                    Audi R8 - White / Blk
                    Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Originally posted by jmeister View Post
                      the price is ok...a bit lowish for the mileage. I think it looks dodgy man-looks like a write-off (totalled) that has been fixed and ready to be sold.

reasons:
                      1) it is a facelift with a pre-facelift bumper...why?
                      2) handbrake is pulled up far too high-i have never seen that on my car, even when the brake were worn out completely. otherwise interior looks fine-those are standard "sports" seats-not to be confused with "M" Sport seats, which look different.
                      3) where are the standard rims-who changes rims and puts the same size tyre on...(unless its a schnitzer!)
                      4) the tailpiece does not exit straight out-maybe a front+rear job on this vehicle.
                      5) shutlines dont look even, especially in the boot (trunk) area. I know the car is built in the USA, but all my shutlines are perfect.

my advice-walk away! its cheap cos it nasty.
                      But we took the car to a mechanic, says the car is fine. seems like an accident on front side, but nothing major! engine is great.
                      Also i asked my friend to test for chasis, at the inspection places. this will tell us if the frame is okay or accidented. Correct?
                      sigpic
                      Audi R8 - White / Blk
                      Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

if you trust the mechanic and your friend then it should be fine.
                        I have seen a repaired vehicle and maybe they did a good job so that it is not detectable, but gut-feel tells me it has been repaired. this is not a bad thing, and the car may still be in very good condition. my parents bought one unknowingly when i was a teenager so i know exactly the signs.

Think before you act.

Comment

what i hate is that the owner (or the insurance co) most probably got a used bumper from sharjah scrap yards to avoid getting a new one :thumbsdown: facelift bumper looks much better IMO :read:

i wouldn't buy a 2006 BMW that's been through an accident, even if the chassis was not affected! but that's just me :)

BMW history:

Comment

LSB- M3 based on the car you posted above. IMHO i will gladly pay a bit extra and get jmeister's car. atleast it's accident free and has some newly installed fresh parts (well looked after) and the car is accident-free with a proper front bumper. I’m not sure if there is room for negotiation but I guess you get what you pay for :)

Take your time and below i quoted from the classified section.

Originally posted by jmeister
                            Hi guys
                            I wanna get a 2009 335i or 330i. as u know, I love my car and yes, it will be a shame to let my baby go, but financially i cannot keep two bimmers alive, not to mention the important fact that there might be mini-jmeisters who need sauber jump seats in the not-too-distant future. i hope it finds a nice home.

Since the ad has been up:
                            1) 4 NEW Bridgestone RFTs last month
                            2) mileage is now 56500km
                            3) K&N replacement filter (just for the sound cos power gains are minimal, trust me)
                            4) rear wind blocker, leatherz armrests and chrome door pins
                            5) new front bushings

The price of 110k still stands as I have put new tyres on recently. if any1 knows rft prices, you would know how much that set me back.

If any1 is serious, please call me on 0501576614 (jeremy)

Comment

But what about that car chassis test done by the inspection people (government)???

I made my friend look at this thread, he is feeling worried now, and considering not buying the car!
                              sigpic
                              Audi R8 - White / Blk
                              Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Working...
                              X