Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car mods

Hi guys,

Just joined the group, had no idea there was a BMW Club.

Anyway, I'm interested in doing some modifications to my BMW, both interior and exterior. I've been in touch with BMW, and some guy there said "UNFORTUNATELY WE DON’T DEAL WITH 3RD PARTY SUPPLIERS; WARRANTY WILL VOID IF ANY NONE BMW ORIGINAL PARTS ARE INSTALLED IN THE VEHICLE!"

My question is, if you have any modifications on your cars (e.g. brakes, exhausts, bumpers), have BMW voided your warranty?

:welcome2: Aboard

Yes the varranty gets void if you install after market brakes, exhausts, etc..

BTW how did you hear about this Club ? Also post some pics of your ride..

:pics:
    Last edited by SSense; 04-11-2008, 01:05 PM.

Comment

but what i don't get is, for example, someone replaces brakes and then after 3 months his electric windows stop working, will AGMC say hey your warranty is void??

that's stupid if it happens & i don't think it ever will..

BMW international say that messing around with any part will void warranty on that part & all affected parts.. what AGMC think i don't know!

BMW history:
      07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

:welcome2: aboard

Technically, whatever part you replace the warranty for only that part should be voided as it is no longer an OEM product
        ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

you can start off by modifying the interior and exterior but i believe performance mods will void your warranty.

Welcome and introduce yourself in the introduction section :)

Comment

I've sent a few emails back and forth to BMW, so let's see what they say. I think its ridiculous that you can't modifiy your car. In the US the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act allows car owners to add mods.

I'm tempted to get legal opinion on this too, I've been trying to search the UAE government's pages for various legal documents on car warranties. Anyone have a copy??

Comment

i think you should go talkt to the service manager in agmc, his name is khalid he might know few more details about this.

Comment

Legal opinion here is pretty much useless, I think, they change rules a lot around here and they don't even stick to them... simple mods shouldn't affect warranty... there are tons of cars out there that are already modified and still retain some sort of warranty
                ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                  i think you should go talkt to the service manager in agmc, his name is khalid he might know few more details about this.
                  the service manager is called Azzam :read:

BMW history:

Comment

is he the local guy?!

Comment

I'de make sure I clear it with BMW befor starting any mods. And try to get something in writting. Unfortunatly, it seems that AGMC make their own rules.
                      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
                      Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
                      Schrick cams
                      Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
                      Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
                      KW Coilovers V3
                      WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                        is he the local guy?!
                        lebanese ;)

BMW history:

Comment

Originally posted by alquazi View Post
                          I'de make sure I clear it with BMW befor starting any mods. And try to get something in writting. Unfortunatly, it seems that AGMC make their own rules.
                          paah-where have u ever heard such a ludicrous thing :danceclub: i think we should rename AGMC "spin city." they always seem to spin you you around so you can pay through your bloody nose after they punched you in the face....

Think before you act.

Comment

Why, what's your take on the whole mods problem jmeister

Comment

My take is AGMC will dishonour any warranty claim if they know you modified the car related to the part that failed.
                              obviously if you modified your suspension and the suspension broke, then they wont pay;
                              if you modified your engine (intake, cams, pistons, exhaust) then they wont honour the claim....
                              if u modify the interior and the engine blows, well then... they have to pay. and if they dont, just go higher and higher until somebody hears you-even try writing to BMW Germany.

Think before you act.

Comment

Working...
                              X