No announcement yet.

SUPERCHARGE / TURBO KIT FOR E46 M3....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll throw in the 3rd cent....LSB is rare and awesome. Don't change it, you'll regret it. As for the racing seats, very cool addition to the car, but they are a pain to install and you need to make sure you get he correct set up/sliders, etc. I've got some Sparco's and they're great, but not for long drives and you need to put up with the airbag light being constantly on (& you won't have an airbag if you have an accident....moral of the story....dont have an accident)
    Mods: VFE Stage 2 S/C ; Rotora BBK ; Clutchmasters ceramic racing clutch ; Agency Power Headers and Cat Backs ; H&R Lowering Kit ; Powerflex BK, AC Schnitzer Brace/strut & Diffuser ; CF Interior.

Comment

there is a way around the airbag light.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
        there is a way around the airbag light.
        Yes it is called duct tape :rofl: or probably most aftermarket chips/software will be able to remove it
        ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

Still gonna eat the steering wheel in an accident
          Mods: VFE Stage 2 S/C ; Rotora BBK ; Clutchmasters ceramic racing clutch ; Agency Power Headers and Cat Backs ; H&R Lowering Kit ; Powerflex BK, AC Schnitzer Brace/strut & Diffuser ; CF Interior.

Comment

^ Why? What does the seat have to do with the airbag? Sorry i dont know about airbags ;)
            sigpic
            Audi R8 - White / Blk
            Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

It changes into certain position when ( la sama7a allah ) an accident is going to happen !

Correct me if I'm wrong... :)
              sigpic
              07' HFP Accord | Current
              HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Huh??? lol, what do u mean it changes position? the seat? and how is the airbag related?
                sigpic
                Audi R8 - White / Blk
                Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Watch the crash tests/simulators for the E46s...

Let's say that you are in the " \__ " position...and an accident happened... it changes the position of the seat into the normal/safe position " |__ "
                  sigpic
                  07' HFP Accord | Current
                  HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

Comment

I see. But what about the airbag? I dont see what the airbag, or airbag light have to do with the seat. Are they connected somehow? Sorry i really have no clue
                    sigpic
                    Audi R8 - White / Blk
                    Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Not just the seat position... also each seat has a sensor to detect if there is somebody sitting on it... example if there wasn't a front passenger and the car gets into an accident then that side of airbags shouldn't deploy (technically speaking)
                      ...petrolhead

Comment

There are airbag sensors under the seats which detect if there is a passenger on the seat or not..

Comment

+1
                          sigpic
                          07' HFP Accord | Current

Comment

Okay it makes sense now! so racing seats = no airbag! Is that always the case???
                            sigpic
                            Audi R8 - White / Blk
                            Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

The point of racing seats is that you want to go racing... in the racing world, airbags are extra weight that isn't needed (they rely on seatbelts, helmets, etc) to protect the driver... to me I see it pointless in putting racing seats in car that is supposed to be daily driven
                              ...petrolhead

Comment

Maybe you are right :(
                                sigpic
                                Audi R8 - White / Blk
                                Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Working...
                                X