Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E92 Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor ?? or Alpha-N ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A quick update on this issue, just to keep you guys informed.

I went back to ADMC to check how did they quote me for the MAF sensor that do not exist, (the aim was to be honest to clarify things in my head, not really to fight with them - yeah, am a nice person :D ) they went through all my car files, they tried to identify the part number for the MAF Sensor in vain, they went back to the DME fault codes they had at that time, and it was showing (mass sensor, secondary air) after further investigation, they said they must have meant the air temperature sensor, then the SA requested to re-run the diagnostic tool, to have "hot air-film meter" that needs to be replaced, and then they gave me a report showing that this is the part that they meant by referring to it as mass air flow sensor, which is actually the emission control air-pump suction hose, with a part number 11727838504 which they said, inside of it, resides what they call the mass air flow sensor ! too much complicated for my small brain !

nevertheless, they said they reset the computer error codes, and the SA asked me to drive the car for couple of days, and go back there to them to see what happens.

In the meantime, i asked them how is that related to the problem i reported (engine misfiring) he explained, that when an error shows on the diagnostic tool, they have to get rid of the errors in the order it was showing, as part of the professional service of BMW, the misfiring on cylinder 5 was showing as the 3rd error, while the so called MAF sensor was the first one, and second error was air intake silencer i think, so they had to first quote me and repair the sensor, and then they will consider my original problem if it still exist !

eyad was with me, and thank you to correct me if i misunderstood anything.

to much blah blah, sorry for that :D lol
    Regards,

Majeed El-Chemor
    Majeed Photography

Comment

it was really just like we busted them on deadly mistake, it was a typing mistake from the guy who make the estimation report...but TBH i didn’t see such procedure which is correct since they are following BMW standard....the SA informed us if he tested the car he ll know it that its related to the coils but he should follow the diagnosed errors......

1. replace the mass sensor for the secondary air pump.
      2. hot film sensor.
      3. coils (5&3).

AD motors didnt hide anything, they showed us the report and the pic similar to the attached one here the whole story was item # 3 (suction hose) which the guy wrote it as a MAF by mistake. They informed majeed to drive the car for couples of days and if the same error appear im sure they ll do the needful :)

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
      E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

still, am gonna do my part of the work, and send the complete report about this whole incident to bmw-me ! it was pretty clear the guys there had no idea what they're working on ! at least bmw should propose some proper training for them ! and i will know next time i will go there, they will be trained to differentiate between a MAF sensor a hot-film meter and a suction hose !
        i still can't forget the look on the face of spare parts guy, trying to find the MAF sensor part number..... its not there.... mmm... its on the E90, but mmm... i can't find it on the E92.... it should be here but mmm... its not here... lolol this was the funniest part !
        Regards,

Majeed El-Chemor
        Majeed Photography

Comment

hahahah...he was sweating ....!!!

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
          E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

no will benifit from this... it's been like this since ages and will always stay like this.

Comment

From experience I can tell you no diagnostics will ever point the finger at MAF's.

Comment

Working...
              X