Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedonest View Post
    Update:
    i haf left the unit with Shak..so hopefully he can fix it..:)
    I got a response from BSW..their unit works with iphone 4 as well but they dont do international shipping..instead recommended me 2 www.europeanautosource.com
    Ok after looking into the radio unit it was obvious that it had water damage all over the circuit board!!!!!!!!!!!.As we all know water is a good conductor and therefor shorts out every component.
    I have left it soaked in electronic component cleaner over night,so lets hope by the morning all the short circuits are open circuits,50/50 chance!!!!

Comment

aah.. thank you ahmad.. dint know that was evn possible

really? water damage?
      I m surprised. shocked. how? I mean I cant possibly think of a way for water to have gone where the unit's installed. I dont keep any wet bags/items in the trunk. And the trunk has never been wet.. :S
      Well hopefully it can get fixed...
      thnx for the help shak...

Comment

Ok so I spent a couple of hours this morning cleaning most of the electronic components in he tuner,but unfortunatly to many were damaged.
        If you had removed the tuner straight away when it stopped working there could have been a greater chance of repair.

Anyway I have a tuner for you that I use for testing which you can have for a small departure of legal tender.

Comment

I think the water damage may be due to moisture build up or condensation, and not an actual liquid entering the unit.

Comment

yea me too ... well, thnx a lot for your effort shak... really appreciate it.

I'll give you a call over the weekend to pick it up

Comment

Working...
            X