Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radio Reciever

Greetings everybody,

So it would seem that the radio reciever has busted. It would not catch any frequencies and only gets static.

Asked Ayham to inquire for replacement and the new part costs a whoppin 3,100.00 !!!! So he suggested that I ask you guys for your opinion.

Since I have my music on iphone, i was using the aftermarket device that go in the lighter socket and transmit on a frequency. With the radio receiver gone, that plan is now out. So I would like to know what are my options of getting music in the car. Trust me, it gets boring as hell without it.

Something with a 3.5mm jack that can sit directly on the car music system without much hastle would be preferred.

Thanks in advance,

Ankur

Ive removed my CD changer and previously I used to use the fm transmitter too, but now with the help of member Ehssan I got myself the Alpine ipod unit, which is a plug and play solution and sits in place of the changer.. The wire can be pulled till your dashboard so you can connect your iphone whenever you want, but im using an ipod so I kept it until the trunk.. You dont need the radio frequencies to play songs, plus the sound quality between the transmitter and this Alpine unit is way different..

Comment

My cd changer is working fine. So I dont want to get rid of it unnecessarily. Can the alpine unit be used simultaneously with the cd changer?

also some feedback about the cost would be nice.

Comment

A far as I knw, it cant be used while the CD changer is in there.. You're looking at some AED2500 for the complete kit..

There are cheaper alternatives too like Dice kits etc, do a research..

Comment

I have the DICE Ipod integration kit... works fine, there are a few bugs in it bas overall it's a good alternative. with this kit you have to disconnect your CD changer... but can easily switch between the ipod kit and the CD changer... its only one plug in the trunk

Look into the DICE option... its good!
          sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

if you want to get yourself one of those ipod integration units i'm afraid you will have to compromise your cd changer.

Comment

@ ahmad... I was looking at DICE online... it seems very economical.
              Can you tell me exactly what sort of bugs do u face?
              Also, I will have to contact them to re-confirm if it works with iphone 4.

@ bruno... yes i am beginning to realize that.. lets see.. if it does come down to it.. i will compromise... at the end of the day i have all my music on iphone, honestly cant even remember the last time i put in a cd. But i just dint want to get rid of it you know. Always good to have the option for the rainy day.. :)

Comment

I dont think the dice or Alpine support iphone 4 or the new ipods, Ahmad, can you confirm this ?

To be able to use the iphone 4 you need to buy a device called Scosche passPORT, which works as a charging adapter and you'll be able to use your iphone..

Comment

check this out...

http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/index.php

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
                  E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

the DICE kit might not charge the iphone 4 but Im pretty sure it will still work... that's what's happening with my iphone 3Gs. Contact BSW (www.bavariansoundwerks.com) and they will be able to confirm if it works or not.

As far as bugs.. what's been happening with me (and I'm on the old DICE kit, not sure if they fixed these bugs on the newer one) is that the name of the song is not displayed, the name would be stuck on the previous track or so... not really much of an issue if u ask me. Im happy just being able to listen to my ipod :D
                    sigpic

Comment

I have sent bavarian an email.. lets see what they respond...
                      also wanted to know their shipping charges since nothing mentioned on their website..

@ ahmad... have you raised this query with them? hopefully its not there in the new ones..

Comment

Originally posted by hedonest View Post
                        Greetings everybody,

So it would seem that the radio reciever has busted. It would not catch any frequencies and only gets static.

Asked Ayham to inquire for replacement and the new part costs a whoppin 3,100.00 !!!! So he suggested that I ask you guys for your opinion.

Since I have my music on iphone, i was using the aftermarket device that go in the lighter socket and transmit on a frequency. With the radio receiver gone, that plan is now out. So I would like to know what are my options of getting music in the car. Trust me, it gets boring as hell without it.

Something with a 3.5mm jack that can sit directly on the car music system without much hastle would be preferred.

Thanks in advance,

Ankur
                        Hi mate,
                        when you say busted what do you mean?
                        Drop me a call there are a few issue's that I can fix for regarding your tuner?

Comment

hey shak,

Quite honestly dont know... the item is still with ayham... need to pick it up..

will do so and give you a call sometime later during the week.

Comment

Update:
                            i haf left the unit with Shak..so hopefully he can fix it..:)
                            I got a response from BSW..their unit works with iphone 4 as well but they dont do international shipping..instead recommended me 2 www.europeanautosource.com

Comment

just create a Shop & Ship account with Aramex and they will provide you with both a US and UK address...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X