Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E60 525i rough idle plus slight vibration at pickup

Hi guys,

Got a bit of a problem with rough idle and a slightly loose rattling passenger head rest....and more importantly AGMC...

Have got a 100,000km service warranty, which i realise is a mis-nomer based on AGMC's reply to this problem of mine. They diagnosed it a a ignition coil problem and have refused to replace them as part of the service warranty.. But the best part is that they are saying that the passenger seat head rest rattle can only be fixed after they fix the ignition coil....If i wasn't paying for this diagnosis of theirs, it would have been a hilarious explanation - but i am sure not feeling very happy with their attitude...

the advisor says that anything which is part of normal wear and tear is covered - am i to assume that an ignition coil replacement is not part of it!!!! Is there any way in which i can get a laundry list of items covered in this warranty - or someone whom i can escalate the issue?:help:

In case, you people feel that it is fair that it should not be covered, then please advise on whether i should just go ahead and get it replaced at Falcon's - or should it do it at AGMC so as not to have any impact on my remaining service warranty??

That is hilarious. And to tell you something, AGMC service advisors have different definitions of the items covered under the service contract. Fact.

Pass by Das for a check up if you like, I'm sure we can sort you out.

P.S: I'm wiping tears off my face after laughing so hard at their remedy! They never fail to DEpress.

Comment

Thanks Ayham. I should have done this before but i really did not want to bother you after i had already taken your help on the tyres.

Now i would really like to bring the car to Das...will sms you for a time at your convenience...

The service advisor was still insisting that i do ahead with the ignition coil change, which i have already clearly denied due to the high cost factor...He's of course charged me for the "fascinating" diagnosis...as that is also not included in the 100,000 service....

I have sent an official complaint to their GM in the evening requesting them to send me a list of inclusions in the service - so that it is not left to any service advisors interpretation. Hope they have one - but then i am not getting surprised any longer!!!

Comment

BTW, his explanation was what's the use of fixing the rattle if there would be vibration caused by the ignition coil problem in any case - so let's fix the ignition coil first!!!!!! As if the rest rattle was caused by that almost innocous vibration during idle!!!!

Strange are the ways of irrelevant logic!!!!

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

*pat on the shoulder*

Come by whenever you want mate..

Comment

Originally posted by bmwnac View Post
            Hi guys,

Got a bit of a problem with rough idle and a slightly loose rattling passenger head rest....and more importantly AGMC...

Have got a 100,000km service warranty, which i realise is a mis-nomer based on AGMC's reply to this problem of mine. They diagnosed it a a ignition coil problem and have refused to replace them as part of the service warranty.. But the best part is that they are saying that the passenger seat head rest rattle can only be fixed after they fix the ignition coil....If i wasn't paying for this diagnosis of theirs, it would have been a hilarious explanation - but i am sure not feeling very happy with their attitude...

the advisor says that anything which is part of normal wear and tear is covered - am i to assume that an ignition coil replacement is not part of it!!!! Is there any way in which i can get a laundry list of items covered in this warranty - or someone whom i can escalate the issue?:help:

In case, you people feel that it is fair that it should not be covered, then please advise on whether i should just go ahead and get it replaced at Falcon's - or should it do it at AGMC so as not to have any impact on my remaining service warranty??
            Hiya!

A service warranty only covers parts that are serviceable such as all the items that show on your (CBS data) I drive !
            Parts like plugs,air filter,oil filter,fuel filter,micro filter,discs and pads,AC service,Vehicle check,coolant and brake fluid change.

Items like ignition coils should be replaced free of cost if the milliage is not more than 65,000 under a good will ! and if one coil fails all must be replaced from BREMI coils to BOSCH coils.

These are BMW guidlines and AGMC should stick to them but we all know what they do?

Comment

What kind of service advisors are being appointed by AGMC ! Bunch of losers I say..

Pass by Ayham at Das Auto, should be a pinch of salt ;) and keep us updated..

Comment

I have to insist, I will only fix the head rest when I change the coils!

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                  I have to insist, I will only fix the head rest when I change the coils!
                  LoLz head rest is the major issue now, not the ignition coils.. :fags:

Comment

looooool... WTF?! I swear they are getting worse and worse!
                    sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Hi bmwnac!

What type of service warranty do you have. There is one Service Only and the other one with Service + Repair.

If you have the Service + Repair package, BMW has to replace the coils and fix the head rest.
                      sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Hello Guys, thought i will give u an update...i have still to get the car...it's the fourth day tomorrow and the service advisor says that he can only give an answer tomm!!!!

Is there any person whom u guys know in AGMC to whom this matter can be escalated?? :help:

My head's rattling more than the head rest now - after trying to reach the guy every 2 hours for an update as they just don't call back after promising to do so....The only answer i get is that the technician's have yet to figure out the head rest problem:hmm:

I sent another official mail to the service advisor, their service manager, sales manager & GM - talking about my frustration...let me post that too...

Sorry Ayham, did not call as i don't have the car with me yet

Comment

Hasan, it's a Service only warranty...so i guess i am not entitled to a ignition coil:-(

Comment

My mails to them.....

.................................................. .................................................. ...................

Hello Henrich,

It’s extremely disappointing that your team has not been able to figure out the problem of the head rest rattle after 3 full working days. This has been inspite of repeated calls & SMS’s from me mentioning that I need to travel outside of UAE. Considering your previous response, we were already unhappy with the value you provide through the 100,000 km Inclusive service – BTW, inspite of my reminder mail, you have still not sent any document mentioning the inclusions of this service.

Now with your service team not able to even diagnose the “rattle” problem (which was already reported by the previous owner, but probably not properly attended to then) for almost 3 days, I find it difficult to believe that the main BMW dealer would have such incompetence!!! I do hope that enough attention is being paid to the vehicle in question and the problem.

Through this mail, I insist that my car be given priority attention by competent engineers and handed over to me latest by tomorrow evening (4th day running!!!).

Though I had marked my previous mail to your corporate ID (considering my experience till now, it is no surprise that the customer complaint was not even acknowledged), I do hope to get a better service – and a better response - from a luxury car dealer in the future.

Regards,

Nac

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 8:59 AM
                            To: 'henrich@agmc.ae'
                            Cc: 'agmc@emirates.net.ae';
                            Subject: Re: Regarding clarification on inclusions of my 100,000 km service warranty for BMW 525i

Dear Henrich,

Appreciate ur reply. As requested in my mail before, would it be possible to send the list of inclusions in the service warranty please?

Also, do call me immediately when my car is ready.

Thanks

Nac
                            Sent thru Blackberry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: Nac
                            Cc: agmc@emirates.net.ae <agmc@emirates.net.ae>;
                            Sent: Tue Jul 13 08:51:05 2010
                            Subject: RE: Regarding clarification on inclusions of my 100,000 km service warranty for BMW 525i

Dear Mr Nac,

Replacement of ignition coils is not included in BMW service inclusive. This is the package that you have on this car that will expire on 22.4.2011 or 100,00 kms whatever comes first.

Best regards,

Henrich Dicolen

------------------------------------------

AGMC

BMW Group Importer

Henrich Dicolen

Service Advisor

Comment

My first mail sent on Monday!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Monday, July 12, 2010 7:07 PM
                              To: Henrich Dicolen
                              Cc: agmc@emirates.net.ae;
                              Subject: Regarding clarification on inclusions of my 100,000 km service warranty for BMW 525i

Hello Henrich,

As discussed, can you please clarify why the ignition coil replacement is not part of my 100,000 km service warranty?

As diagnosed by your technician’s, the rough idle plus vibration on my car is due to a bad ignition coil. I thought the purpose of buying the 100,000 km warranty was to relieve the customer of the worry of servicing for such issues.

I would appreciate if I can be provided a list of all the parts which get covered in the 100,000 km service warranty – as my current experience does not make me very enthused on recommending this service to my network of friends. I do hope to receive my car back after the other required servicing by 11 am tomorrow as indicated.

Had never thought of putting a complaint before, hence did not realize that such a section does not appear on your website – so am marking a copy of this mail to Mr. Stathis I. Stathis, GM (AGMC). I do hope Mr. Stathis would be kind enough to treat this mail as an escalation of a customer complaint on the above issue of non-inclusion of this service in the 100,000 km service warranty.

Regards,

Nac

Comment

Working...
                              X