Clear All

Any updates on this product???
    sigpic
    Audi R8 - White / Blk
    Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

ordered canceled from my side :)

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
      E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

How come?

I contacted this one guy on ebay who says he is an authorized dealer, and that i can buy it from him + load the GCC map for no extra charge. I will have to check on that.

I was looking to see if they have authorized dealers in GCC. I even emailed them yesterday, but i got no response yet.

Will the steering controls still work with this device?

Many tell me to get those no brand screens, that have everything, they go for like 1,400 dirhams, rather than the expensive screens that have navigation which here in kuwait go for about 6000 dirhams (pioneer screen with navigation). That the unbranded ones do the same job!

Thats why im looking into the dynavin option!
        sigpic
        Audi R8 - White / Blk
        Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Dude....when i was last time in Kuwait mmm..b4 4 months, i went to scrap yard to one of my father friends and was able to sell me the wide screen (16:9) complete unit with 50Kd but there was as u know no warranty and i was afraid about the harness since i don’t have anything in the trunk......honestly i changed the idea and ll go for another project right now :)

E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Hey guys. Glad to have seen this thread last week as having done a bit of 'research' on the dynavin since, not to mention the many other alternatives i've considered in the past, it appears to be a potentially good option. Particularly if like me, you've had to put up with the medieval oem mk3 double din cassette tape unit!

For me it's a no-brainer. The OEM BMW 16:9 screens are hard to come by and i've heard retro fitting them can be a hassle. I can't stomach the cost of an alpine/pioneer/kenwood double din unit. I'd rather spend money elsewhere on the car. And having to cut into the dash vents aswell? No thanks.

Generally the reviews on youtube/e46zone/fanatics etc seem to be very positive. Any negative comments seem to be trivial issues such as 'it doesn't have satellite radio' (as far as i'm aware it's not available in the UAE anyway) Or the hands free microphone is ugly. Or the knobs look a bit tacky. Big deal.

The only drawbacks i can see are these:

-Firstly Brunos issue. From some of the videos on youtube of people using it during the day it does seem to glare in the sun. Couldn't this be reduced by adding a bit of anti-glare film? Plenty of brands out there make it, and it's cheap.

-You lose use of the cd changer in the trunk. Shame. But not the end of the world and i could live with that.

-I'm not sure if it displays on board computer info such as trip, mpg, outside temp etc. Will try and find that out but as you can bring the info up on the dash, i could learn to live with that too.

Basically if i had an OEM 16:9 screen i probably wouldn't consider it. But compared to what i have; an ugly, cumbersome, wall of plastic... A tiny screen with graphics that make mario world on the NES look good, nav that can't be brought up to date rendering it useless, and no useful features other than cd changer control and radio...?

Surely this is worth considering at $625??? :Checkflag:

Comment

For those of you lucky enough never to have seen one of these before....
              Attached Files

Comment

aaaawwwww... iss so pretty! hehe...
                sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

I ordered the Dynavin unit! :)

Will update you guys once installed and all.

Now i was told i will need to buy something to have the installation done correctly, to divert the A/C hose or something...i forgot what the supplier said in his email. and i believe he said i can buy it from dealership!

Hmmmmm!
                  Last edited by LSB_M3; 25-05-2010, 05:49 PM.
                  sigpic
                  Audi R8 - White / Blk
                  Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

congrats muhannad....but u dont need anything to do or modify to install it, its plug and play, its comming with complete harness also, no need to touch the A/C box or nothing. when u receive it, let me know...maybe i ll be in kuwait that time :D
                    awaiting the feed back...:)
                    Last edited by eoudeh; 25-05-2010, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LSB_M3 View Post
                      I ordered the Dynavin unit! :)

Will update you guys once installed and all.
                      Hi LSB_M3. Which company did you order from?? And how long did they say before you took delivery??

Comment

Just got mine!

Here are pictures! I love it!!!!

IMG00337-20100527-1348.jpg
                        IMG00336-20100527-1348.jpg

Cant wait to install!!!
                        sigpic
                        Audi R8 - White / Blk
                        Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Bro, where did you get it from? I don't fancy giving my money to dabears2k or whatever they're called... But i want a version 2...

Comment

Looks nice btw!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aeon View Post
                              Bro, where did you get it from? I don't fancy giving my money to dabears2k or whatever they're called... But i want a version 2...
                              Thats where i got it from (dabears2k)! however delivery was to the states; im in new york at the moment :)

To tell you the truth, after i received the unit, i was looking at threads to check installation issued etc, to find a whole thread that says dont buy from dabears2k! that they will ripp u off etc! i faced no problems, the shipping was super quick and everything seems in order! They replied to all my questions and loaded the GCC map for me. All of this could go down the drain when i try to install! the map thing is not an issue cause i spoke to dynavin themselves and they said it can be loaded no problem. I'm just worried i dont have the latest version etc. Someone on a forum confirmed that i have the latest version, and seller provided the software update number to confirm that i have latest version.

As long as it works, i'm fine! i love it! looks good!

Another item that looks good too is this: http://www.szvictortech.com/proshow....classid=001001

not sure about the quality and feedback on this! :)
                              sigpic
                              Audi R8 - White / Blk
                              Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

congrates muhanad.....how is the screen glitter?

Comment

Working...
                                X