Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M_Powerholic View Post
    That's nearly +2200 AED .... :Coffe:
    yes it was. actually my navigation was not working as well. so i bought the navigation unit and the screen together for aed 4000. one of them was 1900 while the other one was 2100. shak was the one who fixed them to my car. i dont remember which one was 2100 and which one was 1900. the price of agmc for this set was more than aed 16000 :omg2:
    E46 330CI Convertible
    sigpic

Comment

Found this on the M3Forums.net : :read:

Ok, so now I have the nav screen working again, I thought i'd share the steps...

As I said before, the screen went completely blank for no apparent reason. Nothing tampered with, nothing updated, etc...

Firstly I checked the fuses incase it was a simple fix, but they (#7 & #41) were fine.
      I had changed the map disc for the latest version about a week ago, so I removed this and inserted the last one to see if this was maybe the problem... after waiting 15 mins for the nav to reset itself to the old disc I tried again... still the same!

In the end, I went to the boot/trunk (right side, under the plastic cover behind the wheel arch) and disconnected the negative battery terminal. I left it like this for what was planned to be about 15 mins but actually ended up being more like 1/2 hour - 40 mins & then connected it again.

As soon as I turned the power back on, it was working perfectly again!

I don't know what caused the screen to turn blank/black, but in the end it was an easy fix.

One point to note was that I when I went out for a drive to test the nav, there was a fair bit of wind noise coming from the windows/roof seal. I have the vert & I think this may have relaxed the roof a bit when the battery was disconnected??? I pulled over, opened it slightly and closed the roof again and BINGO... perfect too.
      Oh, and the only thing I had to reset was the time/date... all nav settings, addresses, etc etc etc were as they were before!

Hope this has helped, as there seemed to be a fair bit of threads like this, but no final answer or conclusion as to how it was fixed.

Cheers
      Mike
      Worth a try...;)
      sigpic
      07' HFP Accord | Current
      HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

i'll give it a try once i reach home. i'll disconnect the negative end for some time and lets see if it'll work for me.
        E46 330CI Convertible
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by oceangoing View Post
          i had all those screen problems before. it only stopped after replacing the screen with another second hand unit.

now i have another challenge :( the other day i noticed that the "on-board computer" and "set" options are inactive on the screen. and most of the warning lights on the front panel are not working, like when i give a signal to left or right the lights are working fine while the indicators on the front panel are not showing that the signal is on. i dont know what the hell is wrong again.
          Try to reset the instrument cluster!
          On the forum there is a post on ''OBD HIDDEN FUNCTIONS'' Unlock the cluster select function 3,this function will reset your cluster.
          If not to sure pop into the 'X' and I will do it for you.

shak
          Last edited by Shak; 14-02-2009, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Mine still is light-sensitive...Even at night time, if I pass through an intensly-lit tunnel it flicks like in the day time. Also, now the Navigation stopped reading the CD.

Comment

^ There's no Navigation CD in your car at the current time ! :slap: :rofl:
              sigpic
              07' HFP Accord | Current
              HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Originally posted by shak "X" View Post
                Try to reset the instrument cluster!
                On the forum there is a post on ''OBD HIDDEN FUNCTIONS'' Unlock the cluster select function 3,this function will reset your cluster.
                If not to sure pop into the 'X' and I will do it for you.

shak

shak, i'll pass by X tomorrow. thanks man.
                E46 330CI Convertible
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X