Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M3 Screen From Hell!!! HELP!!!

So, here's the deal!

Driving home last night, turned my monitor off cuz the light bugged me as I was too sleepy! Then 10 minutes after I switched it off, it slides open (I didn't touch it) and the screen motor noise was a killer. Pulled over, switched the car off, but the noise was still on. Checked the fuses (7 & 41), only when I pulled out fuse 41 did the noise stop, but the screen stayed out! Disconnect the battery, fiddeled with the 2 fuses and replacing them with new ones (they weren't burned), and man-handling the screen it went back in. Hitting the eject button time and time again the sliding mechanism worked superbly. Now another problem came on; The screen itself is either too dim or bouncing (the display of the map, info computer, etc).

Started the car this morning and it was all back to normal. Switched it off, came back again and started it, same screen problem :(

WHAT?!!!!!

ummm .....ayham i'll be passin by sharjah tonight ...i'll call u and check the prob with u dude .....
    Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
    Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
    Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
    Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
    1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
    Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
    eMail:
    Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Ayham it happened with me in the 330.. i think that the AC is droppin water on the screen motherboard... so it'll do strange stuff ..is the cd chanager workin so far, coz i think after a while u not gonna be able to use it as well, call me and we'll talk about it..!
      Last edited by Moe; 23-05-2008, 01:55 PM.

2008 E92 335i Space Grey / Coral Red
      Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

CD is working fine, also the TV. Come to think about it, I saw water beneath the car last night while working on it. I know it's normal but you talking about it made me think....I can pass by you after lunch, when are you free??

Comment

Moe

Comment

Update us on what happening!
            Audi TT (2009)
            Infiniti G35 (2008)
            Evo 8- Sold

Dont know what you have until you lose it

Comment

am still waitin for ur call ayham :D

Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

Yea man I was "abducted" by work the other day!!!!!

Comment

Navigation/Radio problem

Hi...i've got a similar problem.... :dunno:

i have got a 325i 2003 with small navigation screen. The problem is that the screen along with the radio just goes off and rarely it switches on again on its own.Normally it wont come back till i remove the battery wire or the wires at the back of the nav screen and put it back. or i could remove the fuses and put them back.

i have checked the connection at the back. seems fine to me

Any suggestions??

Comment

i guess its the same as ayhams...

www.moenajati.com

Comment

Originally posted by kaamchore View Post
                      Hi...i've got a similar problem.... :dunno:

i have got a 325i 2003 with small navigation screen. The problem is that the screen along with the radio just goes off and rarely it switches on again on its own.Normally it wont come back till i remove the battery wire or the wires at the back of the nav screen and put it back. or i could remove the fuses and put them back.

i have checked the connection at the back. seems fine to me

Any suggestions??
                      i'm sure moe-335 can help out...

introduce yourself in the introduction section :pimp:

Comment

I still need to move my a$$ to that shop!!!!!!

Comment

went to a regular technician who checked the nav/radio from inside, could not find any thing but confirmed no water signs in it. He says it might be some lose connection which he cant figure out at the moment and asked to leave the car which at the moment i am not able to. Lets c may be over the weekend....

i tried removing the fuses and putting them back. It works but intially the screen flickers and i have to switch off and on and then it work fines for couple of hours....i guess as it remains on till i go home but in the morning the damn thing keeps sleeping and i have to wake it up by removing the fuse again:evil:

Comment

your still having this problem ayham? Oh yea btw you never called me back.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                              So, here's the deal!

Driving home last night, turned my monitor off cuz the light bugged me as I was too sleepy! Then 10 minutes after I switched it off, it slides open (I didn't touch it) and the screen motor noise was a killer. Pulled over, switched the car off, but the noise was still on. Checked the fuses (7 & 41), only when I pulled out fuse 41 did the noise stop, but the screen stayed out! Disconnect the battery, fiddeled with the 2 fuses and replacing them with new ones (they weren't burned), and man-handling the screen it went back in. Hitting the eject button time and time again the sliding mechanism worked superbly. Now another problem came on; The screen itself is either too dim or bouncing (the display of the map, info computer, etc).

Started the car this morning and it was all back to normal. Switched it off, came back again and started it, same screen problem :(

WHAT?!!!!!

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: I just had the same problem !!! :cry::cry::cry:
                              Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                              Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                              Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                              Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                              1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                              Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                              eMail:
                              Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Working...
                              X