No announcement yet.

And she's BACK!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats my man, well lets hope we see at least one of them next time. driving up brothers mileage not nice:nono:

But she sure is a beauty, remember the danne trip we made to al ain....
    and it is that time of year you can go around flaunting your bald spots :woot:
    Current
    2004 EVO VIII
    Previous
    2002 :///M:5, 2003 :///M:3, 2001 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2003 330ci
    2006 S2000, 1999 :///M:Coupe, 1992 E34 :///M:5
    1999 EVO VI, 2000 Lumina SS

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
      I can't think but of the E36....I got lucky and found my current one after hunting it's previous owner for 2 years! Look for the following and call it a jack pot:

- Gotta have 3 pedals! PERIOD.
      - Late model E36; '97+
      - If it's a convertible, MUST have a hardtop. Don't kid yourself that you'd find one later! :nono:
      - M52 (2.8L) or S52 (EVO M3) powerplants, or a clean S50 (3.0 M3).
      - The car interior should be flawless. No industrial areas 'aftermarket' leather interiors please.
      - Offcourse, change everything; bushings, arms, tie rods, plugs and coils, gaskets, water/fuel pumps, filters, brakes, lines, master/slave cylinders, clutches, flywheel. You'd be looking at around AED20K for a fully restored E36 'exotic', that's not expensive by all standards and the car will last you another decade.

Running 2 sports cars is not an easy or a cheap task. But if you've got the resources, then sure! The e36 is a handling car with power to back it up, GREAT brakes, and they're built like tanks and over engineered. I enjoy mine as much as I enjoy the M3
      +1000000 on that!...

If you come across any good deals ... do let me know :)
      ________
      Sxv550
      Last edited by Wazif; 18-04-2011, 08:05 AM.
      Current
      E92 M3 - Mineral White
      F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
      E36 318is
      E39 540i ///M sport
      VW CC
      E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

^^ lol look whos thinking of an e36 :rofl:

Comment

was my first car ;) still runs in my veins! :P
          ________
          LovelyWendie99
          Last edited by Wazif; 18-04-2011, 08:06 AM.
          Current
          E92 M3 - Mineral White
          F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
          E36 318is
          E39 540i ///M sport
          VW CC
          E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Update:

Got caught up in traffic this morning, the car starts to shatter from what I felt is the flywheel. At first it was when I tried to roll from 2nd gear, too noisy shattering sound. Went back to first to launch it, less shatter noise this time but it stayed there even when my foot is completely off the clutch pedal. 15 minutes later the shatter is completely gone even when I launch from 2nd the car picks up fine and smooth. Later on, there's the same shatter noise when at parking-lot speed and turning RIGHT. If I turn left, nothing happens. Every single time.

Could it be a flywheel gone bad? But how? When the new clutch went in the flywheel was resurfaced and looked in good condition. Add to that there was not a single hard launch on it, As for when the car turns right and shatters, I'm clueless!!! A long-shot, highly-unlikely reason for this could be the following; The transmission mounts are brand new, but the engine mounts are worn (couldn't find them at the dealer and are put on order). This leads to a torsional stress ---> angular movement of the engine relative to the transmission due to the difference in mounts rigidity and makes the drivetrain misaligned?? :dunno:

Another thing, as you may know I've ordered a new steering security lock (responsible for jamming your steering wheel if there's no key in the ignition) since after installing the MOMO one the steering stays locked for like 30 seconds. I had to wiggle it left and right for it to unlock. However, the past 2 days, the steering wheel was never jammed when I get into the car and start it. It even auto-canceled my turn signal and the wheel stopped making the ticking noise when turning it left or right. Steering honey moon is over, got into the car after driving it for a whole hour with no steering drama and the steering decided to lock again when I started it, emit the annoying ticking sound when turning, and refused to auto-cancel my turn signals.

This car has come back from its long rehab journey with a mind of its own....The name "Wifey" is well earned now.

Comment

Ok, heres a couple :

Do you feel any vibrations at high speeds ? Or high revs in gear or out of gear ?

Mounts theory makes a major point, you do have angular movements. Are the mounts in really crap condition ? Rubber completly ripped in half ?

I don't know about your cars flywheel. But, heres a thoery .
              Usually, dual-mass flywheels have a movable central section in between to soften up acceleration, something like a damper . Over time, it starts to move easily and cause vibrations . That might be it, but I doubt your car's got a dual-mass flywheel.

The only turning right issue, youve just changed your PS pump ? Maby it's putting too much stress when turning right ? Plus the bad engine mounts ?

Last but not least, opinioin from the father mechanic. A usual problem in stick shift BMW's. When you get a good amount of wear on the cogs and syncros. They start to make that noise.

Maby a thinker oil grade ?
              OR
              A raise in idle . Throttle cable tension ?
              sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
              Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
              LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
              P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
              Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Originally posted by SewerSideUp View Post
                Ok, heres a couple :

Do you feel any vibrations at high speeds ? Or high revs in gear or out of gear ?

Mounts theory makes a major point, you do have angular movements. Are the mounts in really crap condition ? Rubber completly ripped in half ?

I don't know about your cars flywheel. But, heres a thoery .
                Usually, dual-mass flywheels have a movable central section in between to soften up acceleration, something like a damper . Over time, it starts to move easily and cause vibrations . That might be it, but I doubt your car's got a dual-mass flywheel.

The only turning right issue, youve just changed your PS pump ? Maby it's putting too much stress when turning right ? Plus the bad engine mounts ?

Last but not least, opinioin from the father mechanic. A usual problem in stick shift BMW's. When you get a good amount of wear on the cogs and syncros. They start to make that noise.

Maby a thinker oil grade ?
                OR
                A raise in idle . Throttle cable tension ?
                No vibrations at all, except from a very mild one at 120 - 140 km/h from the tires since I still didn't align that thing.

I haven't seen the mounts meself, but X Service and a couple of the guys (I guess) did and they're pretty bad.

And non-M cars have dual-mass flywheels to reduce vibrations and noise, unlike aftermarket units which reduce weight at the expense of rattling. It sounds like there's something loose inside, something broken.

And the pump shatter is more or less the same as that coming from what I think the flywheel when launching the car earlier. Besides, if the pump is going wrong, then it'd 'whine'.

The gearbox is silky smooth and never abused. ZF units are basically indestructable.

Really donno...But I'm sure it'll be sorted out. Keep 'em coming guys..

Comment

Too true on the ZF units being indistructable.

And, about the broken or loose thing in the flywheel. I think that's the main culprit, it's a small wheel inside inside the flywheel wich has very limited spin. It just dapmens the vibration to give the smoothest acceleration. If that's loose/worn it would rattle under 1st and 2nd gear acceleration when on and off the clutch . Keeps turning both ways, because of it's spring action.
                  Your worn engine mounts aid that greatly too .
                  sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                  Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                  LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                  P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                  Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

5 pages and no pics of the hardtop ?!!!!

what a teaser! -__-

but nice car u got there man ...
                    Satisfaction can also be spelled: B.M.W

E90 320i - soon to retire
                    19" Black CSL replicas staggured F:8.5", R:9.5" // continental sport contact2 F:235/35/19, R:255/35/19 // Blacklines taillights// Black OEM rear spoiler // Matt Black grill // Y-connector // 30% V-kool tint // H&R sport springs // H&R TRAK+ Wheels Spacers // Black roof+mirrors // De-badged

F30 335i - Current
                    M-performance kit // M-performance steering wheel with race displays.

Comment

Originally posted by Amarant View Post
                      5 pages and no pics of the hardtop ?!!!!

what a teaser! -__-

but nice car u got there man ...
                      No worries, here you go, pics of Ayham's hard top

Comment

^^ That's the soft top :nono:

I'll take pics soon guys :)

Comment

hehe:rofl:
                          Nissan Cefiro A31

Comment

Working...
                          X