Breaking: Best Spy Photos and Videos – BMW M1 or 1M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breaking: Best Spy Photos and Videos – BMW M1 or 1M

The new BMW M1 or 1M, or who knows what it would be called, has been spotted again during some hot laps at the famous Nurburgring. Sporting almost no camo and a widebody, the BMW M1 also features CSL wheels, a disguised roof panel and a big rear axle.

Our excitement about this trully enthusiastic M car grows within us with every new photos we see. BMW will send off the current design of the 1 Series Coupe with a BMW M version which will run in a very short production cycle, one year based on information we received.

The BMW M1, or whichever name will carry, is powered by an updated/upgraded N55 engine by the M Divison. The 1,500 kg M1 also features a high performance intercooler and the output is said to be measured at 345 horsepower.

At the front-end, the front bumper will be larger and more massive than any M-Package we have seen so far, and the usual fog lights are gone. The massive front bumper will allow air to flow for the High Performance Intercooler.

Brake air ducts will provide cooling for the six piston ceramic brake discs and the M1 showcases two ducts on the bonnet, one for air flow and the other purely for cosmetic reasons.

As seen on all the other M models, the BMW M1 will also sport wider fenders and wheels, plenty of carbon fiber elements and a visual appealing bootlid.

Two air intakes on the front wings gives the typical M-look, with the bar that incorporates the side indicator light, placed now on top instead of striking through.

According to BMW insiders, the reason behind the M1 is not to completely focus on power, but rather build a car more entertaining and thrilling to drive than any other cars that will cost twice as much. M1 will be purely about driver focus and torque.

The BMW M1 / 1M will sport the much-craved LSD (limited slip differentials).

The car will go on sale in mid 2011 and is rumored to cost about 10,000 euros more than the current 135i Coupe.
    Click Here to watch the Video

Source: bmwblog

looks sweet ;)
    sigpic

Comment

looks some serious wide fenders at the back..

Comment

WOW!!!...thats a meaty rear!!! those fenders mean business! cant wait for the finished product...

btw, wont it make sense for them to release the 1M or M1 once the 1er has been facelifted , which i believe is due soon ???
        Current
        E92 M3 - Mineral White
        F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
        E36 318is
        E39 540i ///M sport
        VW CC
        E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

i doubt this car will exist...... isn't it too late for the current generation 1er to get an M?

BMW history:
          07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.509 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/302)

I believe its a car a lot of customers are waiting for,most of the cars bmw sold lately are 1er so expectin an M would probably boost their sales more,on my opinion
            Last edited by reak6ion; 14-04-2010, 02:21 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

exactly my thought.. :confused:
              Current
              E92 M3 - Mineral White
              F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
              E36 318is
              E39 540i ///M sport
              VW CC
              E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

I doubt it will be an M car, I dont see any quad exhausts.. This could be a sportier version of 135i, like the CSLs.. Drop the weight and increase the prices..

Comment

Might be another aftermarket parts ? :dunno:
                  sigpic
                  07' HFP Accord | Current
                  HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                    looks some serious wide fenders at the back..
                    Unlike the Front :hmm:
                    sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
                    E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
                    E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
                    E23 735i - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Haissam View Post
                      i doubt this car will exist...... isn't it too late for the current generation 1er to get an M?
                      they want to sell anything just to boost their sales figure. this car is coming out to the public

Comment

Spied again: The 2011 BMW M car based on 1 Series Coupe

The controversy around the name of the new M vehicle based on the 1 Series Coupe has reached the highest level among BMW fans, and the opinions are split between the “right” naming convention. While many of us refer to the new M as the M1, there are others that take a different approach: 1M and even M135i.

As of now, based on our inside sources, BMW has not reached an unanimous decision and while focus groups have leaned towards the M1 name, the final decision is yet to be finalized. According to our sources, votes have been received from several BMW entities around the globe, including North America, but the branding label continues to stir up some controversy among BMW executives.

With that being clarified, at least for now, let’s recap some of the important information we know about this new M car and also enjoy these latest spy photos that show the car around the ‘Ring, but also closer than ever.

The new M is powered by an updated/upgraded N55 engine by the M Division. The 1,500 kg M1 also features a high performance intercooler and the output is said to be measured at 345 horsepower.

At the front-end, the front bumper will be larger and more massive than any M-Package we have seen so far, and the usual fog lights are gone. The massive front bumper will allow air to flow for the High Performance Intercooler.

Brake air ducts will provide cooling for the six piston ceramic brake discs and the M1 showcases two ducts on the bonnet, one for air flow and the other purely for cosmetic reasons.

As seen on all the other M models, the BMW M1 will also sport wider fenders and wheels, plenty of carbon fiber elements and a visual appealing bootlid.

Inside, an M branded, sporty design is included.

The car will go on sale in mid 2011 and is rumored to cost about 10,000 euros more than the current 135i Coupe, and the production cycle will last 12 months.

Comment

looks like someone took it out for a photoshoot instead of your typical spy photos as they claim :dunno:

a bit fishy :dunno:

BMW history:
                          07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Best Rendering BMW M1 / 1M – Close to the real thing?

Another day and new rumors and buzz around the new BMW M1, or 1M as some refer to. Courtesy of LeftLaneNews and Jon Sibal, we have one of the best renderings to date.

The 1-Series based M model is due to launch in 2011 with a short production cycle and it is aimed at the core enthusiasts base.

Design wise, the M1 rendering outlines perfectly the core elements of an M car, aggressive front-end with large air intakes, wide bodykit, lower ride, M gills and larger wheels.

The new M model is powered by an updated/upgraded N55 engine coming from the M Division. The 1,500 kg M1 also features a high performance intercooler and the output is said to be measured at 345 horsepower.

The engine is matted to an M-DCT transmission, but a manual option will be offered as well. As any other sporty car, the BMW M1 / 1M will offer the much-craved LSD (limited slip differentials).

While the naming convention is still up for debate, the M1/1M is clearly a reality and despite rumors of just an “is” version, as seen in the 335is and Z4is, this is indeed a car built by the M Division and its naming convention and design, will need to reflect their core values.

Spy Video: BMW M1 or 1M

With probably months away from its official unveiling, the new, very much so awaited BMW M1, or 1M as we hear some BMW executives lean towards, continues its usual test runs around Munich.

After countless of spy photos, today, we have the opportunity to see a close-up video of one of the most exciting BMWs released in the past few years, a true enthusiast vehicle that will run in a very short production cycle and which is shaping up to become a collector’s car in a few years.

Also, for the first time, the ridiculous wide rear-fender seen in the previous test mules are being replaced by what it seems to be the final production body design. And if that wasn’t orgasmic enough, have a look at the BMW M1/1M going around the Nurburgring track, but first, make sure you turn up the volume because the exhaust and engine sound are just….well, simply amazing.
                            [YOUTUBE]MmVHUqttKC0[/YOUTUBE]

The new M model is powered by an updated/upgraded N55 engine coming from the M Division. The 1,500 kg M1 also features a high performance intercooler and the output is said to be measured at 345 horsepower.

The engine is matted to an M-DCT transmission, but a manual option will be offered as well. As any other sporty car, the BMW M1 / 1M will offer the much-craved LSD (limited slip differentials).

Comment

sounds like an ///M :P
                              Current
                              E92 M3 - Mineral White
                              F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                              E36 318is
                              E39 540i ///M sport
                              VW CC
                              E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment