Billboards War: BMW vs. Audi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
    As I did a research on the advertising business back in college, I came across shocking facts. One of them stated that in the States and Europe, you DO NOT need a competitor's permit to use their name in your ad if you're going to attack/mock them! You need it though if you're using them as a role model....

Strange, but true....
    Thanks for correcting the info Ayham :bow:

Comment

no approval's required in the US!

it's an open war ;)

BMW history:
      07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

I'm sure Audi wish they did need to get approval :rofl:
        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
        Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
        Schrick cams
        Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
        Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
        KW Coilovers V3
        WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

End of the day, customers make the choice..the adverts are designed to catch a person's attention leaving the reader thinking about the advertisement after they have driven past it. They have to be readable in a very short time because they are usually read while being passed at high speeds. Thus there are usually only a few words, in large print, and a humorous or arresting image in brilliant color.And also location of the board is also important.Imagine guys,waiting there at the traffic light for the light to turn green, which advert will catch your attention most???

in this advert,BMW has FEWER words and BIGGER image of the M3.You guys do the math..cheers..

Comment

Actually this year Audi has outsold BMW and MB in number of cars in Germany... they are gunning for No.1 premium German brand in the world, and I think they could be on target to do that with releasing proper cars like the R8 and RS6,RS5, etc... not stupid "M" SAV/SUV
            ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

Originally posted by petrolhead View Post
              Actually this year Audi has outsold BMW and MB in number of cars in Germany... they are gunning for No.1 premium German brand in the world, and I think they could be on target to do that with releasing proper cars like the R8 and RS6,RS5, etc... not stupid "M" SAV/SUV
              Wow Rami is pissed of...
              I personaly like the M SAV/SUV, they have already perfected the M3, M5, and M6. What else is there for them to do?
              -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mods
              Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
              Schrick cams
              KW Coilovers V3

sigpic

Comment

Abolish the X series all together... I would rather have them build an "M" 7er than an "M" Xer... they shouldn't have built the X5 in the first place back in '98
                ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

+1
                  "M" SUV for me raise the same question like jeep grand cherokee SRT8 ...........why?
                  why do u need this kind of cars when u have M3 or M5 they SHOULD be off road not plastic like toys with M or SRT badges
                  frankly the X series is ugly
                  I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

I love the X6. It grew on me.
                    besides, we need them to keep Porsche in check.

Mods
                    Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
                    Schrick cams
                    KW Coilovers V3

sigpic

Comment

the X-series was a big hit and ate a big share from the SUV market...

anyway FUNNY AD!!! :rofl:

i remember that adv that says:
                      "Congrats to AUDI A4 for winning South African car of the year"
                      - from the winner of World's car of the year.
                      Satisfaction can also be spelled: B.M.W

E90 320i - soon to retire
                      19" Black CSL replicas staggured F:8.5", R:9.5" // continental sport contact2 F:235/35/19, R:255/35/19 // Blacklines taillights// Black OEM rear spoiler // Matt Black grill // Y-connector // 30% V-kool tint // H&R sport springs // H&R TRAK+ Wheels Spacers // Black roof+mirrors // De-badged

F30 335i - Current
                      M-performance kit // M-performance steering wheel with race displays.

Comment

Originally posted by Amarant View Post
                        i remember that adv that says:
                        "Congrats to AUDI A4 for winning South African car of the year"
                        - from the winner of World's car of the year.
                        but then Subaru came up with one that says congrats BMW & Audi :blah:
                        - from the winner of .................

BMW history:
                        07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

and audi came up with the LeMans adv.

well BMW had the 1st idea the others were just copies :P
                          Satisfaction can also be spelled: B.M.W

E90 320i - soon to retire
                          19" Black CSL replicas staggured F:8.5", R:9.5" // continental sport contact2 F:235/35/19, R:255/35/19 // Blacklines taillights// Black OEM rear spoiler // Matt Black grill // Y-connector // 30% V-kool tint // H&R sport springs // H&R TRAK+ Wheels Spacers // Black roof+mirrors // De-badged

F30 335i - Current
                          M-performance kit // M-performance steering wheel with race displays.

Comment

my all time favorite one

also my new sig

:)

Comment

looooooool, nice one hassan

Comment

Working...
                              X