Billboards War: BMW vs. Audi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice add..saw this in another forum and it was too good not to have it posted it here..not to offend anyone..cheers..

nice BMW, audi must be sad now :D

Comment

BMW and Audi are dueling again, but this time, onto the “marketing battle field”. And what would be the best place to do so other than the one of the top states when it comes to car luxury sales: California.

In Santa Monica, Audi has put up some billboards showing the all new Audi A4 along with the headline: “Your move, BMW”. BMW took on the challenge and entered a virtual chess game ….of course, with cars rather than pons, kings or queens.

But which one is the king though? Will it be the BMW M3 Coupe or the Audi A4? Fair comparison? Probably not, but it’s all fun in the end.

Press Release

Juggernaut Advertising, an independent advertising agency headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, has initiated a tactical outdoor marketing campaign on behalf of BMW of Santa Monica. The campaign is in response to Audi’s current billboards challenging BMW with the headline “Your move, BMW.”

Juggernaut Advertising’s creative work features the BMW M3 with the headline “Checkmate.” and is positioned prominently within the same sightline to westbound traffic as the Audi ad. Juggernaut approached BMW of Santa Monica after identifying a unique and immediate geographical opportunity along the highly trafficked Santa Monica Blvd. corridor between Beverly Hills and Santa Monica.

“When we heard the idea, we loved it and couldn’t resist going forward,” says Del Montell, Jr. of Santa Monica BMW.

Source: bmwblog.com

Comment

Threads merged..

Comment

i like!

Comment

hahha good reply to the Audi ad :D
            I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

Thats funny! why would Audi place such an ad! the marketing department didnt think it was a stupid idea having an their ad first? The marketing department of BMW can reply with millions of ideas to put that add down! lollll checkmate and having a bigger banner is one of them! lollll :)
              sigpic
              Audi R8 - White / Blk
              Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

There's not a single good comeback you could come up with to that! :rofl:

Comment

Audi, must have fired their PR agency for coming with that line "your move, BMW" :rofl:
                  Current
                  E92 M3 - Mineral White
                  F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                  E36 318is
                  E39 540i ///M sport
                  VW CC
                  E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

I like this one with the 6er... :P same color too lol

'07 650i Stratus Grey/Cream beige

Comment

anyway thats how the USA is.... fierce competition
                      i remember seeing ad about corollas making fun of civics for example and it was really rude and direct ...they donot say "competitors" ........they say HONDA
                      hehehe
                      I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

Audi = stupid !!!
                        That's a childrens act, say something and think your opponent will walk away when they come back with a direct hit !! Hahahaha !!
                        sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                        Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                        LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                        P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                        Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

I'm pretty sure that Audi had to get approval from BMW to use their name on the Audi Advertisement. I can imagine the grin on the guys giving the approval.
                          -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
                          Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
                          Schrick cams
                          Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
                          Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
                          KW Coilovers V3
                          WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

As I did a research on the advertising business back in college, I came across shocking facts. One of them stated that in the States and Europe, you DO NOT need a competitor's permit to use their name in your ad if you're going to attack/mock them! You need it though if you're using them as a role model....

Strange, but true....

Comment

Originally posted by alquazi View Post
                              I'm pretty sure that Audi had to get approval from BMW to use their name on the Audi Advertisement. I can imagine the grin on the guys giving the approval.
                              +1 they cant use other brand names just like that..

Comment

Working...
                              X