Worst car design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst car design

As we're always going on about good looking cars (the BMWs, the Porsches, the Lambos and Ferraris) i thought i'd be fun to go the other way and have a look at the ugly ones. Where it's obvious that a design team has poured thousands of manhours into designing and refining a Gallardo, it is equally obvious that other cars haven't been so lucky and it often leaves you wondering how the final design ever got approved and into production.

Show us a picture of what you to be the ugliest car of all. To be fair, the car must be stock (no aftermarket mods), and it must be a mass market model (i.e. no electric, experimental, concept, prototype etc). Just normal cars, that you see a lot, that leave you wondering how they ever got through design approval.

I'll start. The candidate: (last generation) Citroen C5. The issues: the awful, awful front end, the headlights. I had one of these as a hire-car once and it's got to be the most hideous car i've ever seen (to be fair, i've driven worse cars). It looks like an elephant...the bonnet is too high at the top end, it's higher than any other part of the bodywork! People might say i'm being overly-critical but there's something about this car which makes me feel nauseous. I hate it!

So, what car leave you wondering "how the hell did that one slip through the net..."?
    Last edited by the eldest boy; 19-10-2008, 05:19 PM.
    theeldestboy

Silver 2005 E46 M3 Convertible
    Alpine White 2004 E46 M3 Coupe
    Topaz Blue 2002 M-Spec 330ci Sport Convertible
    Blue 1998 318ti M-Spec Compact Sport

I'm going to hit close to home!

I think the BMW x3 is one hell of a good candidate... :puke: No offense to anyone who owns it... but seriously, what the hell were they thinking?! I mean it looks like they took bits and pieces from their ranges and plastered them onto a vehicle...

That truly was a sad day in BMW history!!!

The rear end... I mean SERIOUSLY?!?! I could kill whoever was in charge of that project... MAKES ME MAD!!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ahmad.alkhalil; 19-10-2008, 05:40 PM. Reason: Forgot pics
    sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ahmad.alkhalil View Post
      I'm going to hit close to home!

I think the BMW x3 is one hell of a good candidate... :puke: No offense to anyone who owns it... but seriously, what the hell were they thinking?! I mean it looks like they took bits and pieces from their ranges and plastered them onto a vehicle...

That truly was a sad day in BMW history!!!
      ...post a picture mate to illustrate your point...(but i already know what you mean!)...
      theeldestboy

Comment

For me..The candidate: Most of the Japanese cars :)
        Specially that people love in UAE: Corolla's, Camry..NIssan..ouhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

But few days before i was with my wife drivng to Cine..and we've seen the princessa: A Daihatsu...i couldn't continue to Cins as i was very angry and shaking...what the hell this creature is doing on the road !!!!
        Attached Files
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by naseem80 View Post
          For me..The candidate: Most of the Japanese cars :)
          Specially that people love in UAE: Corolla's, Camry..NIssan..ouhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

But few days before i was with my wife drivng to Cine..and we've seen the princessa: A Daihatsu...i couldn't continue to Cins as i was very angry and shaking...what the hell this creature is doing on the road !!!!
          +1 i was about to talk about this one..

but the lancia thesis is the worst sedan ever IMO :puke: what a piece of crap :puke:

BMW history:
          07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Daewoo Matiz - We have some of these here in Al Ain and everytime I come across one of these, it just stabs me in me eye, I mean, were they thinking when they designed this car ? Thats my ugliest car ever seen..

Comment

SSang Young Actyon ... True Example of Ugliness

A car to a blind man..

Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
              Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
              Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
              Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
              1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
              Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
              eMail:
              Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

They have talked about that car on Top Gear too, it also looks similar to Doge Caliber..
                The name itself defines how the car is.. :)

Comment

hahah just found this ....my god this is worse !!

SSang Yong Musso SPORT ...... haha look at the Sport Edition
                  :saykal::saykal::saykal::saykal::saykal:

Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                  Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                  Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                  Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                  1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                  Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                  eMail:
                  Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Holy $hit !! is that :eek: :puke: Rifo you please stop posting :P

Comment

Originally posted by RiFo View Post
                      SSang Young Actyon...A car to a blind man..
                      Originally posted by SSense View Post
                      Daewoo Matiz...everytime I come across one of these, it just stabs me in me eye
                      I've just got home to read this thread, it's cracking me up! :rofl::rofl::rofl:
                      theeldestboy

Comment

OK, so i'm breaking my own rule and straying away from "normal cars" but this is getting funnier every time i google "ugly cars". May i present to you the Marcos Mantis 2+2 in all it's glory...:rofl:

theeldestboy

Comment

Great thread :clap:
                          BTW that car's front end looks like some rocket's rear end..

Comment

IMHO... too many american cars to list in this thread

Comment

Originally posted by RiFo View Post
                              SSang Young Actyon ... True Example of Ugliness

A car to a blind man..
                              Rifo, your comment should be edited to:

''SSang Young Actyon - A car to blind a man'' :rofl:

BTW the name is similar to 'Some Young Action' :read:

Comment

Working...
                              X