Result of driving above 140 km/h on Dubai Highway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Result of driving above 140 km/h on Dubai Highway

Alright mates, now this seems to be a lesson that I have learnt!

During the Eid holidays I was driving from Al Ain to Dubai, usually I drive under the speed limit, but on that day I was a little in hurry.
    Even though I am very familiar with all the radars on Duba highway, by hearted them, I was driving at the speed of 160 km/h when all of a sudden out of no where I see a policeman on the middle of the road (divider) standing besides his camera. Obviusly no one has the ability to apply the brakes in such a short distance.
    The bottom line is Ive been fined Dhs 800 for just one radar :cry:
    If I would have driven at 140 km/h Im sure I would reach 5 mins late, but I took the risk and blame myself for it.

Mates, never drive above the given speed limit and if you do, then be ready to face the fines. On Dubai highway, there's always somewhere somebody hiding, waiting to capture you, no matter how familiar you are with the highway and its radars.

OUCH BROO!

Gotta keep your horses on hold man!

Dotn make the same mistake again buddy
    2008 325i coupe
    Stock

Comment

Definetely not, even if my future-wife is about to deliver Im not driving above the speed limits :nono:

Comment

800 aed?? ouch, it hurts.. but why is it 800? shouldnt it be less?
        E46 330CI Convertible
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
          Definetely not, even if my future-wife is about to deliver Im not driving above the speed limits :nono:
          :rofl:

Then you have a reason - dont hold up if thats the case eh -
          You'd rather get 800 dirhams in fine, instead of she breaking her water in your car - and that costing 800 to clean - think about it :slap:
          2008 325i coupe
          Stock

Comment

Dhs 400 as the basic fine and another 400 for exceeding the given limit = Dhs 800 /-

Comment

Originally posted by hiten86 View Post
              :rofl:

Then you have a reason - dont hold up if thats the case eh -
              You'd rather get 800 dirhams in fine, instead of she breaking her water in your car - and that costing 800 to clean - think about it :slap:
              Proshine detailing is around Dhs 500, alot cheaper than 800 :D, noway im taking risks again :nono:

Comment

daaaamn!

Comment

I'm pretty sure i got flashed by a camera on the Al Ain road yesterday :( I went to the Outlet Mall yesterday for lunch and when i came out i wanted to take partially hidden underpass instead of travelling all the way to the next junction to turn around. Anyway, i missed the underpass and, with most roads in Duabi, it was then several kms to get to the next junction, and of course several kms back. I HATE missing junctions, i get so annoyed with myself, and in Dubai it's soooooo easy to do! Anyway, i did eventually turn around at the next junction and was then flustered and in a hurry to get back to work and i got flashed by a static radar camera. I didn't see it at all until it actually flashed and when i looked at the speedo i was doing somewhere around 145-150kms/hr :nono:

Stupid boy, and now i too will have to pay the price! Lesson learned.

Don't speed +1
                  theeldestboy

Silver 2005 E46 M3 Convertible
                  Alpine White 2004 E46 M3 Coupe
                  Topaz Blue 2002 M-Spec 330ci Sport Convertible
                  Blue 1998 318ti M-Spec Compact Sport

Comment

Well done, stay in the speed limits and follow the rules ! :clap:

Comment

:cry::cry::cry:i got same in shj ....
                      RIDE *OR* DIE
                      sigpic
                      DXB:E36 325I 1992 (sold)
                      DAM:E30 1990

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
                        Dhs 400 as the basic fine and another 400 for exceeding the given limit = Dhs 800 /-
                        I don't get this, you get the fine of 400 for breaking the speed limit, what is the other 400 for... is it for how much over the limit you were going?
                        ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

The second Dhs 400 is for the extra speed limit that I was exceeding..

Comment

guys it's now 400 Dhs fine + 100 Dhs per 10km/h over the limit, but first 20km/h are margin :)

121km/h to 130km/h is 400 Dhs (but within the accepted margin so it's 0 Dhs)
                            131km/h to 140km/h is 500 Dhs (but within the accepted margin so it's 0 Dhs)
                            141km/h to 150km/h is 600 Dhs (400 + 2x100)
                            151km/h to 160km/h is 700 Dhs (400 + 3x100)
                            161km/h to 170km/h is 800 Dhs (400 + 4x100)
                            and so on..

BMW history:
                            07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Thanks Haissam for the valuable piece of info that you provied :bow:
                              Now it looks clear..

Comment

Working...
                              X