Nissan answers to Porsche, defending its Nurburgring lap time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nissan answers to Porsche, defending its Nurburgring lap time

Earlier this week we told that Porsche is accusing Nissan for cheating, more exactly the GT-R couldn’t race a lap on the Nurburgring (Nordschleife) racetrack in just 7 minutes and 29 seconds. In order to demonstrate this Porsche bought a standard Nissan GT-R, brought it to the German racetrack and the surprise came out: the GT-R raced the lap in 7 minutes and 54 seconds, with over 25 seconds more than the lap raced by Nissan driver.

After this, came the response of Nissan which was quite simple: “We’re not going to get into a war of words with Porsche. The final word from us is that it was done on absolutely standard tyres which are available to customers in the showroom. Normal Dunlop road tires, that come with the car!” said Nissan’s European spokesman Neil Reeve.

Reeve added that it’s flattering that Porsche bought a GT-R and took it on the ring but he also said that the Porsche 911 Turbo was beaten by the so-called Godzilla on various track tests. “We think its performance speaks for itself!” he said.

ok, who to believe now?

BMW history:
    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Me :D
      Meskovic
      this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

i don't give a damn if the gtr is faster or slower than a porsche..i'm happy with my bmw. :drool:

Comment

Guess we'll have to rent out both when we do the Nurburgring trip in a couple of years! THEN the world will believe us on which one's faster ;)

Comment

Always believe Porsche... Never believe a Japanese car maker to tell you their car is better than Euro cars
            ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

all japanese cars are fake... they don't exist IMHO :D

Comment

Given a choice to choose any of those two, I would definetely go for the Porsche ! If I keep comparing which one is faster, I wouldnt have bought my M5. Id take the Porsche because I want the PORSCHE, I wouldnt want the speed of a GTR.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                  all japanese cars are fake... they don't exist IMHO :D
                  They do exist for a short period of time !! .... but they just vanish !
                  Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                  Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                  Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                  Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                  1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                  Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                  eMail:
                  Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Nissan just call 911 plz !!

2008 E92 335i Space Grey / Coral Red
                    Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

Originally posted by Moe-335 View Post
                      Nissan just call 911 plz !!
                      You mean 911 Porsche :rofl: ?!
                      Last edited by SSense; 06-10-2008, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
                        You mean 911 Porsche :rofl ?!

lool exactly..

2008 E92 335i Space Grey / Coral Red
                        Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

Not surprised, not surprised at all . . . Check MotorTrends test, they dyno'd the car and it put down ALOT more than advertised . YouTube to the rescue !
                          sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                          Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                          LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                          P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                          Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Motor Trend is biased any american rag is biased, depends who pays them more they will say they are the better car
                            ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

i cant say that i believe Porsche or Nissan

all i can say, that this isnt the 1st incident the GT-R is caught "cheating"

magazines and cars TV shows dyno'd several GTR's, it turns out that the ones "Given" to them by Nissan, were more powerful (almost 520 hp) than the ones they took to test by themselves (480 hp)

Many said that the 335i was also very underrated, but with Nissan, all the cars Given to magazines were more powerfull ...

i'd get a 911 turbo, or even a Z06 in a heart beat over the GTR...
                              Satisfaction can also be spelled: B.M.W

E90 320i - soon to retire
                              19" Black CSL replicas staggured F:8.5", R:9.5" // continental sport contact2 F:235/35/19, R:255/35/19 // Blacklines taillights// Black OEM rear spoiler // Matt Black grill // Y-connector // 30% V-kool tint // H&R sport springs // H&R TRAK+ Wheels Spacers // Black roof+mirrors // De-badged

F30 335i - Current
                              M-performance kit // M-performance steering wheel with race displays.

Comment

Working...
                              X