Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do we go about buying a car from the USA

Hello Everyone!

I am thinking of selling my M6 and getting one from the US with a 6MT. Need suggestions on how to go about looking for one and how do we actually do the transaction.

Appreciate all advice and suggestions.

Thanks
    sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Originally posted by Hasan Shaikh View Post
    Hello Everyone!

I am thinking of selling my M6 and getting one from the US with a 6MT. Need suggestions on how to go about looking for one and how do we actually do the transaction.

Appreciate all advice and suggestions.

Thanks

Is it from a dealership?
    Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
    Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
    Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
    Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
    1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
    Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
    eMail:
    Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

you will need an agent who can arrange the purchase and shipping for you. There are a few companies out here who do it. But i personally dont have any contacts with them.
      Current
      E92 M3 - Mineral White
      F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
      E36 318is
      E39 540i ///M sport
      VW CC
      E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Www.copart.com u can do it by ur self just make sure from wich state u r buying
        sigpic
        • BMS Dual intake system • BMS Oil Catch Can • BMS Oil Thermostat • COBB FMIC • COBB AccessPort V3 • Aerodynamic kit‬‏ • M Package • Cp-e Tial BOV •Cp-e 3" catless DP • Wedge performance stg3 map • Fox super SS cutback • MMP 2.5 Turbo inlets & outlets • CF Front Splitter Lip Diffuser

When fast cars become cheap, the wrong type of people buy them
        and the e36 M3 is one of the biggest victims of this phenomenon" - BMW Car Magazine

Comment

I have a contact who can do so...

CoPart sells cars that are not in perfect condition, they might have scratches, dents, previous damages, or sunk! So better stay away from it unless you want something to buy and repair here. Your other choice would be buying certified pre-owned from a dealership. Your only problem would be to check whether they would accept the car to be purchased under the name of the company/agency which will do the job for you.

The agency that is doing the job for you would buy the car and register it under their name to transfer the car within US, then they would export it to UAE through container and that's when you buy the car from them (paper work). Because of their trade license, they avoid the tax fees on the car. Now the problem is, some dealerships, due to security protocols, do NOT accept the fact that the agency buys the car and asks for the money to be wired from a local bank with a social security number so that the Taxes are charged. This is basically impossible for you as you live here...

So make sure to check where is your car and who has it before doing any step further.
          Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
          Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
          Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
          Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
          1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
          Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
          eMail:
          Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Originally posted by RAFiK View Post
            Is it from a dealership?
            Yes. I would prefer to get it from a dealer. I think it will be easier. Also, they would have inspected the car.

Originally posted by Wazif View Post
            you will need an agent who can arrange the purchase and shipping for you. There are a few companies out here who do it. But i personally dont have any contacts with them.
            Ok. Thanks

Originally posted by deepocean2009 View Post
            Www.copart.com u can do it by ur self just make sure from wich state u r buying
            I know that state will make a difference in shipping cost. Is there anything else the state will effect?

Originally posted by RAFiK View Post
            I have a contact who can do so...

CoPart sells cars that are not in perfect condition, they might have scratches, dents, previous damages, or sunk! So better stay away from it unless you want something to buy and repair here. Your other choice would be buying certified pre-owned from a dealership. Your only problem would be to check whether they would accept the car to be purchased under the name of the company/agency which will do the job for you.

The agency that is doing the job for you would buy the car and register it under their name to transfer the car within US, then they would export it to UAE through container and that's when you buy the car from them (paper work). Because of their trade license, they avoid the tax fees on the car. Now the problem is, some dealerships, due to security protocols, do NOT accept the fact that the agency buys the car and asks for the money to be wired from a local bank with a social security number so that the Taxes are charged. This is basically impossible for you as you live here...

So make sure to check where is your car and who has it before doing any step further.
            Good advice. Thanks
            sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Only the state.
              sigpic
              • BMS Dual intake system • BMS Oil Catch Can • BMS Oil Thermostat • COBB FMIC • COBB AccessPort V3 • Aerodynamic kit‬‏ • M Package • Cp-e Tial BOV •Cp-e 3" catless DP • Wedge performance stg3 map • Fox super SS cutback • MMP 2.5 Turbo inlets & outlets • CF Front Splitter Lip Diffuser

When fast cars become cheap, the wrong type of people buy them
              and the e36 M3 is one of the biggest victims of this phenomenon" - BMW Car Magazine

Comment

Working...
              X