I just fell victim to a scam.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just fell victim to a scam.

I'm embarrassed to say but last night I put faith in a human being and accepted a personal check in the sale of my car. If anyone hears of a 2011 BMW 1M Black US Spec being sold for dirt cheap, please contact the authorities and me immediately.

for those who want the story:
    I posted my car on dubizzle, this guy calls within 48 hours, he tells me he is a BMW guy to the core and he collects BMW, he badly wants a 1M and he does not like the other orange one posted (uses current information), he then tells me how he got screwed out of 10k AED by buying a totaled 1M previously from a guys in Alquoz. (I also knew about this 1M when I was shopping for one...)

We met a couple days later, he did a once over on the car, test drove and says he likes it. Offers me 5k below my ask, I tell him no, he comes back with 2.5k below and sleep on it. The next day he calls in the morning twice, I call him back and tell him ask was fair and he agrees.

He tells me to meet him at RTA, on my way he calls and tells me its packed and will take 3hrs to finish, he wants to finish tonight so he suggests signing the car over at al awir. I reluctantly agree. We get there and the contract is written up, I ask for my cash and he says he told me check. I tell him no way and he tells me how there is no way he could even leave the country etc etc. (This whole time while driving he is also sharing stories, telling me about himself, gets a phone call from his GF about dinner, etc). For some idiotic reason I agree. I got a copy of his license thinking that was enough but obviously that was useless.

I immediately deposited the check but used an ATM, so I need to wait another day, but there is no way it will not bounce. The guys phone is now off and has been all day, and I found a link to a story almost identical to mine from July 2014 (Car Scam - Bounced Check (cheque))

:O:O:O:O

So sorry to hear that mzsaad1 :( will definitely keep an eye out.... Who is this guy? Name/nationality? I guess he used a pseudonym? his d/l copy with the police i assume

Did you hear back from your bank?
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Originally posted by Wazif View Post
      :O:O:O:O

So sorry to hear that mzsaad1 :( will definitely keep an eye out.... Who is this guy? Name/nationality? I guess he used a pseudonym? his d/l copy with the police i assume

Did you hear back from your bank?
      His name is Raad AL-Azab (https://www.facebook.com/raad.azab). Unbelievably the check still has not bounced, but there is no doubt in my mind after looking at the facts that it will bounce.

Comment

fingers crossed man.....i hope that he is genuine and that the cheque is credited to your account!
        Current
        E92 M3 - Mineral White
        F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
        E36 318is
        E39 540i ///M sport
        VW CC
        E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Check bounced today, as suspected. Please everyone take note from my stupidity, follow the golden rule: No personal checks. Period. No matter how legit or how good of a price you got, it's a scam

Comment

Sorry to hear that bro....i pray justice is served in kind to that fella!
            Current
            E92 M3 - Mineral White
            F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
            E36 318is
            E39 540i ///M sport
            VW CC
            E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Very sad to hear this.

Keep us updated on what happens. I believe you would need to file a report with the police.
              sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

the cid is the way to go...

what if i told you i have a person in common with him on fb

Comment

Man ..so sad to hear ....his FB page no longer exist as well

2008 E90 M3 6MT - Nardo Grey - Harrop TVS1740 SC @ 6.5PSI - UCP Pedal - Bullet Valvtronic Exhaust
                  - Rouge Engineering Shifter Kit - Fabspeed X-pipe - Evolve test pipes - DEFI CR gauges/P3 Vent Gauge -
                  BMW Iconic Custom Headlights - Custom Authentic Alcantara Interior .. And many other mods :P

1996 SC300- AT- SOLD
                  2012 Toyota Fortuner - DD
                  1994 Toyota Supra MKIV - 883 WHP ;) drag queen - Track only

Comment

Sad story, please do let us know what is happening, and if there is something the club can help you with.
                    - E82, 1M - Current
                    • Akrapovic Exhaust • BMW Performance Seats • BMW Performance Steering Wheel
                    - E30, 316 Touring - Current
                    • BBS Rims • Eibach Lowering Springs • Some Engine Modifications
                    - Nissan Xterra - Off Road - Current
                    E36, 318 Touring Sold
                    E36, M3 Evo Sold

Facebook Instagram SnapChat

Click HERE to get your BMW ///M Bracelets from BMW Club UAE

Comment

do you know where this guy lives? lets pay him a visit ...
                      Bimmerian. Carma FF race exhaust. BMW DMK 6 Ultra Short Shift kit. CDV X. BMW Performance CSL 19" Rims. Apex. Stop-Tech. RPI. APR Aero. CSL intake. Epic Alpha-N. KW Clubsports. GC race sways. Tillett. Sabelt. 288/280. SuperSprint s1 - cats. Custom roll bar, rear STB, ME stb, Brembo 6x4 :w00t:

Comment

ITs a Bounced Cheque that there is red flag for him , Yet again how could you accept a cheque man :(....

I hope you have the car transfer papers but all you need to do is CID the F****** (Although it will take time )

I thought bounced cheques are only with real estate Property Dilemmas its sad to see that this has hit the Car industry now

I hope you get your money back somehow
                        E46, M3 06 Titan Silber Grey- Current
                        • Brushed Aluminum Pedal shifters , 55C BMW Motorsport Thermostat
                        E46 M3 05 Alpine White - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by mzsaad1 View Post
                          I'm embarrassed to say but last night I put faith in a human being and accepted a personal check in the sale of my car. If anyone hears of a 2011 BMW 1M Black US Spec being sold for dirt cheap, please contact the authorities and me immediately.

for those who want the story:
                          I posted my car on dubizzle, this guy calls within 48 hours, he tells me he is a BMW guy to the core and he collects BMW, he badly wants a 1M and he does not like the other orange one posted (uses current information), he then tells me how he got screwed out of 10k AED by buying a totaled 1M previously from a guys in Alquoz. (I also knew about this 1M when I was shopping for one...)

We met a couple days later, he did a once over on the car, test drove and says he likes it. Offers me 5k below my ask, I tell him no, he comes back with 2.5k below and sleep on it. The next day he calls in the morning twice, I call him back and tell him ask was fair and he agrees.

He tells me to meet him at RTA, on my way he calls and tells me its packed and will take 3hrs to finish, he wants to finish tonight so he suggests signing the car over at al awir. I reluctantly agree. We get there and the contract is written up, I ask for my cash and he says he told me check. I tell him no way and he tells me how there is no way he could even leave the country etc etc. (This whole time while driving he is also sharing stories, telling me about himself, gets a phone call from his GF about dinner, etc). For some idiotic reason I agree. I got a copy of his license thinking that was enough but obviously that was useless.

I immediately deposited the check but used an ATM, so I need to wait another day, but there is no way it will not bounce. The guys phone is now off and has been all day, and I found a link to a story almost identical to mine from July 2014 (Car Scam - Bounced Check (cheque))

Hi, please could you send an email with your contact details to autos@dubizzle.com as we`d like to discuss this with you.

Thanks

dubizzle

Comment

Broxis, you're working with Dubizzle? I almost got ripped off my a shop selling a SUV with a clocked-back ODO but Dubizzle Support didn't really care when I reported the ad to them.

@ OP, please contact the media. Sorry for your loss.

Comment

[MENTION=4093]mzsaad1[/MENTION] Please let us know if you have any updates.
                              - E82, 1M - Current
                              • Akrapovic Exhaust • BMW Performance Seats • BMW Performance Steering Wheel
                              - E30, 316 Touring - Current
                              • BBS Rims • Eibach Lowering Springs • Some Engine Modifications
                              - Nissan Xterra - Off Road - Current
                              __________________________________________________
                              E82, 1M - Sold
                              E30, 325 Convertible - Sold
                              E60, 530 - Sold
                              E36, 318 Touring Sold
                              E36, M3 Evo Sold

__________________________________________________
                              Get Social with BMW Club UAE

Facebook Instagram SnapChat

Click HERE to get your BMW ///M Bracelets from BMW Club UAE

Comment

Working...
                              X