Odometer Fraud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odometer Fraud

I've been in the market for a SUV/CUV and found a nice SUV which was advertised as having been driven for 61000 kms, GCC specifications, 2008 model. It was in Awir Car Market and drove very well, and looked mint and well kept and I was ready to pay a down payment. I took down the VIN/Chassis number just in case and called up the dealership to check its service history. Turns out that their last record of this car was in June 2012, where it was stored in their Pre-Owned department and sent for polishing...at 103000 kms!

The odo has obviously been tampered with. Is there anything that can be done about this?

I never heard that RTA has any penalty rules for that . maybe someone share more info ,

but personally i don't trust the mileage on any car been for sale , its cheap to rollback the mileage and it can be done professionally where few experts can tell , the tools which helps in finding the right mileage cost a lot of money , so it's the buyer's luck if the dealership shared the history of the car ( like your case ) .

Comment

really/ i thought it was extremely difficult in winding back the miles on bimmers - any other car easy as pie but bimmers store info in 2-3 different places and all have to add up otherwise you get a red light on the instrument cluster.
      Bimmerian. Carma FF race exhaust. BMW DMK 6 Ultra Short Shift kit. CDV X. BMW Performance CSL 19" Rims. Apex. Stop-Tech. RPI. APR Aero. CSL intake. Epic Alpha-N. KW Clubsports. GC race sways. Tillett. Sabelt. 288/280. SuperSprint s1 - cats. Custom roll bar, rear STB, ME stb, Brembo 6x4 :w00t:

Comment

Originally posted by Vanne View Post
        really/ i thought it was extremely difficult in winding back the miles on bimmers - any other car easy as pie but bimmers store info in 2-3 different places and all have to add up otherwise you get a red light on the instrument cluster.
        you will never believe how easy and fast to rollback the mileage on even the latest BMW series , the mileage is stored in 2 locations and offcourse it requires a professional people to do that other wise as you said with the RED dot near the mileage on the cluster .

Comment

i dont think the OP is referring to a bmw but it's totally normal in al awir. welcome to the dark side

Comment

Still can't get my head around some of the "normal" things here in Dubai. ;-)

But enshalla, I am learning ;-)
            Bimmerian. Carma FF race exhaust. BMW DMK 6 Ultra Short Shift kit. CDV X. BMW Performance CSL 19" Rims. Apex. Stop-Tech. RPI. APR Aero. CSL intake. Epic Alpha-N. KW Clubsports. GC race sways. Tillett. Sabelt. 288/280. SuperSprint s1 - cats. Custom roll bar, rear STB, ME stb, Brembo 6x4 :w00t:

Comment

Working...
            X