Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My experience: BMW GARAGE & TURBO EXPERT in Dubai !

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My experience: BMW GARAGE & TURBO EXPERT in Dubai !

Recently came across a workshop experience which I thought would be valuable to you all. Purchased a 2009 BMW 335I recently via auction. Car was low on tyre pressure & there was a heat signal that popped up twice but else it was in good driving condition. Needed to get it checked so took it to a w/shop famous on this site. To my surprise, they rang me back with a horror scenario; engine coolant feed line problem, new coolant pump needed, both glide supports needed replacement, heater radiator leaking (replace), both turbo chargers leaking & rattling (needed total replacement), turbo pressure converter faulty (replace), vacuum hose (replace), gasket ring (replace).. bill: 20,550 AED! (After Best Possible Discount) And to make matters worse, car apparently ‘not in driving condition’ anymore (I drove it there). After a few conversations decided to pay this Service Center 3,000 AED (minimum required to get the car ‘working again’) & get it out of there! Did my research & took it to Auto Benz. Explained the problem. They ran a check on the turbos and told me both units are completely fine. Did not believe it so paid them to dismantle turbos’ & took both units to a turbo expert to have them thoroughly examined – result: both units were in great condition (not a single leak)! Upon further inspection, AutoBenz found misdiagnosis after misdiagnosis from the previous w/shop. One of the most shocking, the reason for the rattling of turbo chargers – two missing nuts which cost 20 AED each. Previous w/shop were going to charge me 12,000 AED (after discount) for what cost me 40 AED to fix! In total (parts & workmanship) to fix actual problems cost me 6,150 AED at EDITED & a chunk of this was due to the dismantling & reassembling of turbo chargers which I would have avoided had I gone to them in the first place. Also took my Lexus IS300 to them - Al-Futtaim quoted a whopping 6,000 AED + what it took these guys around 1,000 AED to fix (parts & workmanship). Both cars now feel great! Wasted my time & money at the first w/shop!! Find it hard to believe they are so famous on this site! Absolute nightmare for me, but perhaps it’s just a one off?! In any case, always good to get another opinion. All the best & hope this post helps! EDITEDEDITED; his dad owns the place & they’ve been there for a long time. He’s trustworthy & capable. Does a really good job explaining, diagnosing & fixing. Reasonable charges, they have complete equipment & diagnostics required for BMW. Their detailed work ethic to really get to the heart of the problem is what impressed me most. *You can call Anwar directly as I informed him that I will be posting my experience on this site. Get him involved in your case for best results! EDITED – (great find) specializes in total refurbishment of most vehicle turbo units! If your turbo charger needs to be replaced, this is your guy. He can refurbish almost any unit for a fraction of the cost. He can also alter your chargers to give you an extra 20-30 bhp! But you will need to reconfigure certain technical settings in car which I had no knowledge of so didn’t pursue. (Most mainstream tuning companies subcontract him & charge their clients a markup)[warning]Please do NOT post addresses of any party in public ~ Rifo[/warning]
    Last edited by RAFiK; 11-05-2014, 06:17 PM. Reason: Addresses cleared

can u please name the garage.....

Comment

You mean the nightmare garage? Don't want to step on any toes. They are well loved on this forum.

Comment

there is feedback section for the sponsors, u can name any of them... at the end there is a burden of responsability

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I don't think this particular w/shop is a sponsor. It is not Das Autoworks & neither is it Kinetechnik.

Comment

anyway it is up to you, this is a public forum where u can share your experience, and specially if you have proof in your hand
            and again i suggest you name it....good luck

Comment

come on mate, name them... you gotta , otherwise some of the other members might get the same treatment, so pls name them..
              Bimmerian. Carma FF race exhaust. BMW DMK 6 Ultra Short Shift kit. CDV X. BMW Performance CSL 19" Rims. Apex. Stop-Tech. RPI. APR Aero. CSL intake. Epic Alpha-N. KW Clubsports. GC race sways. Tillett. Sabelt. 288/280. SuperSprint s1 - cats. Custom roll bar, rear STB, ME stb, Brembo 6x4 :w00t:

Comment

[mention] hshah [/mention] : please make sure you stick to the forum rules for reviewing ( positive or negative ) feedback on any workshop in the UAE .

the forum rules are mandatory to follow by all members . as mentioned in the following link

"Reviewing" Rules and Ethics. PLEASE READ Before Posting.

you have followed the forum rules by mentioning the names / contact details of the workshop where you had your car fixed but you completely ignored the workshop who you said it had wasted your money ,

please do the necessary amendment to your post so that everyone get the benefit of it ,

Comment

X-Service Center. Didn't want to cause any problems. Especially since they have a loyal following on this site. But my experience with them was horrendous.

- - - - - - - - - -

Hi Ehssan, in earlier post I mentioned that I joined this forum to get a good idea of which w/shop to take my car to. The information is difficult to find as owners post their reviews all over the place as I just did. I suggested that on the main thread section, a thread be placed specifically for owner reviews of their garage experiences; Best & Worst BMW Garages. This way, all the information is in one section & easy to find. I will be happy to post my experience again in the new thread if it is setup. Thanks.

Comment

thank you [MENTION=188112]hshah[/MENTION] , by the end of the day it's personal experience , but thank you for sharing it with us .

the funny part is that someone leaves some places while he is happy some other don't . so it's luck as I see it .

Comment

Originally posted by Ehssan View Post
                      thank you [MENTION=188112]hshah[/MENTION] ,

the funny part is that someone leaves some places while he is happy some other don't . so it's luck as I see it .
                      Hmm luck should not be part if it at all, If someone brings a broken car, and a shop quote's to fix it, it had better be fixed by the time the customer picks it up otherwise Ofcourse they would be unhappy. No luck involved there.

It's either fixed or it isn't.
                      Bimmerian. Carma FF race exhaust. BMW DMK 6 Ultra Short Shift kit. CDV X. BMW Performance CSL 19" Rims. Apex. Stop-Tech. RPI. APR Aero. CSL intake. Epic Alpha-N. KW Clubsports. GC race sways. Tillett. Sabelt. 288/280. SuperSprint s1 - cats. Custom roll bar, rear STB, ME stb, Brembo 6x4 :w00t:

Comment

Originally posted by Vanne View Post
                        Hmm luck should not be part if it at all, If someone brings a broken car, and a shop quote's to fix it, it had better be fixed by the time the customer picks it up otherwise Ofcourse they would be unhappy. No luck involved there.

It's either fixed or it isn't.
                        Vanne is always on shooting mode :D

yes its by luck , if the techie is in bad mood or he had small argument with his box few minutes before he works on your car , then I wish you a very good luck.

with all the respect to all members here , but my personal and friendly advise to you all : your car age and value determine the suitable workshop to look after it , and to make sure you are at the right place you much see at least 2 to 4 cars similar to yours .

driving a 50K AED car and you are expecting workshop to treat you according to your car value , then you are totally wrong . their labor charge per hour is same for an E36 and the 2014 M5 , also hardly to find those workshops offers their customers with used parts , that requires 3 times the effort than buying a new parts .

again nothing personal here , everyone shares his opinion and experience and it's up to other members to benefit from it or not , as unfortunately the habit of posting fake experience against private workshops became a joy , I post a feedback on Y garage because Z garage owner is my brother or my friend and his business is effected because he is not doing as good and Y garage .

Comment

Well this thread has several problems.

Rule 1.4 - No advertising or links to for-profit websites and businesses. Only Official BMW Club UAE Sponsors Links/Advertisements are allowed.
                          You've clearly advertised for two garages ignoring our rules.

Also, you have posted your experience about a garage in the wrong place and you didn't even mention the name, totally worthless.

Once you decide that you want some sort of help and support, go post your thread using the correct format template in the correct section.

Thread closed.
                          Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                          Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                          Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                          Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                          1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                          Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                          eMail:
                          Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Working...
                          X