Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fast & Furious star Paul Walker is no more (1973-2013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fast & Furious star Paul Walker is no more (1973-2013)

Paul Walker was the passenger in his friend's Porsche GT which spun out of control and hit a pole and tree. The high-powered super-car, which was being driven by Rodas, burst into flames after it crashed into a pole and tree in Santa Clarita, north of Los Angeles, at 3:30pm on Saturday. Walker was the father of daughter, Meadow, 15, who recently moved to California to be closer to him and his long-term girlfriend Jasmine Pilchard-Gosnell, 23. Sheriff's Department believes speed was a factor in the crash and figure 8 patterns were found on the road nearby. The driver of the vehicle was former race car driver Roger Rodas, Walker's friend and financial adviser.

County Coroner has requested dental records as both bodies were so badly burned it will take days for them to be positively identified.The 40-year-old starred in five of the six Fast & Furious films about illegal street racing and heists. Actor had been at an event for his charity Reach Out Worldwide before deciding to take the car out for a drive. The fundraiser to benefit victims of Typhoon Haiyan was taking place in a race car shop near to the crash scene.

Walker was a self-confessed adrenaline junkie who enjoyed fast cars, surfing and outdoor pursuits. On his official Twitter account, he described himself as 'outdoorsman, ocean addict, adrenaline junkie ... and I do some acting on the side.'

‘He lived his life and he died fast and furious today. He loved speed, he loved cars, and he had to die this way. He died in a very fast car with his friend,’ Jim Torp, who was at the event, told the Daily News.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Office has confirmed that speed was a factor in the crash.

Up and down the road near the crash site were burned rubber and doughnut marks as though someone smoked their tires in figure 8 patterns.

‘I don't know if the marks in the road are related to the crash,’ said Los Angeles County sheriff's Sgt. Brian Allen.The wreck took place about 3:30 p.m., about 300 yards from the office park where the event was held and where the speed limit is 45 mph.Guests rushed to put out the flames with fire extinguishers but the fireball had already engulfed the car.

Deputies arrived to find a vehicle on fire and once fire crews put the flames out, they found two occupants. Both were pronounced dead at the scene.By Saturday evening, all that remained was the burnt mangled metal of the red car and a light pole that had been knocked down.

One witness, Jim Tort, who was at the event told the NY Daily News, Rodas' eight-year-old son tried to save his dad.

'I ran over afterwards, I was trying to find Roger's son.

'I found out his son had jumped the fence and gone over. He was trying to get his dad out.

Coroner Ed Winters said the bodies were so badly burned they would take days for them to be positively identified.

Witnesses at the crash scene posted a video of the scene on YouTube showing debris from the wreckage while emergency workers cordoned off the area. Photographs also show a burnt out shell of a car.

Friends of the star told a local newspaper they 'went through fire extinguishers' in a futile bid to fight the blaze that engulfed the car after the crash.

Antonio Holmes told the Santa Clarita Signal: 'We all ran around and jumped in cars and grabbed fire extinguishers and immediately went to the vehicle. It was engulfed in flames. There was nothing.

'They were trapped. Employees, friends of the shop. We tried. We tried.'

Holmes added: 'Him and his buddy, his brother in arms at heart just decided to joyride, take a spin. Something we all do. We’re all car enthusiasts...

'We’re all here driving, enjoying each other, and God must’ve needed help.

'When we saw Paul and Roger leave, Paul was the passenger in the vehicle. They both were experienced drivers.

'This was just a tragic accident that happened on a joyride,' said witness Jim Torp of Santa Clarita.

Part of the reason Walker's death means so much to the motor world is that he wasn't just some actor who had appeared in a few of the most important car movies of this generation, but he was a genuine enthusiast and racer himself.

The attached pic is the one taken 30 mins before the crash, just as he got into the ill fated car

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...adly-ball.html

paul walker last pic.jpg

"If one day speed kills me, do not cry because i was similing" - Paul Walker
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Paul Walker may be most remembered for his starring role in the Fast and the Furious franchise, but as it turns out, his expertise when it comes to tuning a vehicle isn’t constrained to just the movies. Walker’s got some pretty ill driving skills too and he proudly showed them off at the recent Redline Time Attack race series with his toy, a stripped down BMW M3 .

To make the car lighter than the standard M3, Walker tied up with AE Performace to completely strip down his M3 down to its bare essentials. OK, they kept the dashboard and the center section of the M3 just so they could stay away from tinkering with BMW’s iDrive system. As far as everything else, the things that Walker could live without were taken out, including the front and back seats, sound deading, speakers, paneling and a whole lot more. In their place, AE Performance packed Walker’s M3 with Ohlins coilovers, six-piston front, four-piston rear Brembos caliers over slotted rotors, a functional carbon fiber wing, a roll cage, and a new set of light yet durable Volk wheels, which came with a set of Hankook tires.

All told, Walker’s customized BMW M3 seems to have been given quite an awesome set of legs to run. Despite that though, we don’t really know how he fared in his races although if he could exhibit the same driving skills as the one in the movie franchise, then we have no problem saying that Walker may have held his own against the competition.

Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Too young
      sigpic

2004 X5, HAMMAN - SOLD
      2006 Z4M - SOLD
      1967 SHELBY GT500CR - SOLD
      2001 Ferrari 550 Maranello - SOLD
      2001 Ferrari 456 MGTA - CURRENT
      2006 Hummer H3 -CURRENT
      2003 Citroen Saxo 1.1 - Special Mongol Rally 2012 - SOLD TO CHARITY
      1997 E36 M3 - PROJECT CAR
      2008 Ferrari 312 Scaglietti - CURRENT

Comment

true...such a tragic loss! reminds us all about the danger surrounding our passion...

Be safe all! remember, that you have family and friends that care a lot about you...
        Current
        E92 M3 - Mineral White
        F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
        E36 318is
        E39 540i ///M sport
        VW CC
        E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

+1
          sigpic

2004 X5, HAMMAN - SOLD
          2006 Z4M - SOLD
          2006 Hummer H3 -CURRENT

Comment

good man, died doing what he loved doing.. and i loved his movies.
            i grieve for his daughter and family that he left behind.
            Bimmerian. Carma FF race exhaust. BMW DMK 6 Ultra Short Shift kit. CDV X. BMW Performance CSL 19" Rims. Apex. Stop-Tech. RPI. APR Aero. CSL intake. Epic Alpha-N. KW Clubsports. GC race sways. Tillett. Sabelt. 288/280. SuperSprint s1 - cats. Custom roll bar, rear STB, ME stb, Brembo 6x4 :w00t:

Comment

+1
              Current
              E92 M3 - Mineral White
              F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
              E36 318is
              E39 540i ///M sport
              VW CC
              E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

The Good Die young.. May Walker and Rodas Rest in Peace.
                sigpic

Jerez Black 2008 E92 M3 - The beast unleashed

History:
                Black 2005 E46 330ci Mtech2
                Silver 2003 E46 330i Mtech2
                Black 2002 E46 320i Mtech2
                Black 1986 E28 535i
                Burgundi 1986 E23 728i
                Blue 1985 E30 323i Mtech
                Hellrot 1981 E21 325i

Comment

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11312026...g-paul-walkers
                  sigpic

2004 X5, HAMMAN - SOLD
                  2006 Z4M - SOLD
                  2006 Hummer H3 -CURRENT

Comment

Very unfortunate. Luckily most of the scenes for FnF7 have already been filmed. Heard his brother will do some fill ins?

Comment

yea...heard bout that too....FF7 has been delayed till April 2015. They plan on filling his role using a combo of his younger bro and CGI. lets see how it turns out.
                      Current
                      E92 M3 - Mineral White
                      F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                      E36 318is
                      E39 540i ///M sport
                      VW CC
                      E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Working...
                      X