Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torn between these cars! Tell me what you think

Hi all,

I decided to place my E60 M5 for sale due to expensive parts, expensive oil change, and massive gas consumption. The car sold immediately and I'm looking for my next ride.

I'm completely torn between the following cars:

(1) Audi R8 - 2009 model (8 cylinder). I LOVEEE the looks of the R8 but It's not a fast car. I can't afford the 10 cylinder one, but I'm thinking with the amount of speeding cameras and new ways to catch speeders, maybe I'm better off with a slower car.

(2) Porsche 997 Turbo - 2010 model. Also driven this one, not a comfortable car in general. Fast as hell, and from my research its a reliable car. I know the parts are expensive, but if I'm paying for expensive parts, might as well be for a porsche!

(3) Mercedes C63. I love the looks and sound of this car. Comfortable considering its a super saloon.

(4) Mercedes G55 - 2008 model. I drove one last week and I fell in love! The noise and the push; amazing. I love the classic look of this car, how its been the same for the past years and years.

Tell me what you think of these cars, and which would you choose? ;)

Thanks.
    sigpic
    Audi R8 - White / Blk
    Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

I will vote fo G55 :)

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
    E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

I think, you will have more fun in the C63.

But all these cars will also cost you quiet a lot of money for the parts and maintenance.
      sigpic

2004 X5, HAMMAN - SOLD
      2006 Z4M - SOLD
      1967 SHELBY GT500CR - SOLD
      2001 Ferrari 550 Maranello - SOLD
      2001 Ferrari 456 MGTA - CURRENT
      2006 Hummer H3 -CURRENT
      2003 Citroen Saxo 1.1 - Special Mongol Rally 2012 - SOLD TO CHARITY
      1997 E36 M3 - PROJECT CAR
      2008 Ferrari 312 Scaglietti - CURRENT

Comment

C63 over any bmw any day

Comment

+1
          sigpic

2004 X5, HAMMAN - SOLD
          2006 Z4M - SOLD
          2006 Hummer H3 -CURRENT

Comment

in the order.... 2 1 3 4
            Current
            E92 M3 - Mineral White
            F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
            E36 318is
            E39 540i ///M sport
            VW CC
            E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Thank you guys for your input, any reasons for your selections? Do you hate any of the cars?

Yeah Jeanloup, parts will be expensive. But the M5 parts are beyond expensive for a BMW. Plus gas consumption is higher than any car i have ever driven hahaa! I sometimes fill up the car in the morning and by mid day, its almost quarter empty if not more! Plus the 1,450 aed price tag for oil change at dealership is just too much! I'll pay that if i'm driving a porsche or an r8!
              sigpic
              Audi R8 - White / Blk
              Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

I vote fir c63
                sigpic
                BMS Dual intake system BMS Oil Catch Can BMS Oil Thermostat COBB FMIC COBB AccessPort V3 Aerodynamic kit‬‏ M Package Cp-e Tial BOV Cp-e 3" catless DP Wedge performance stg3 map Fox super SS cutback MMP 2.5 Turbo inlets & outlets CF Front Splitter Lip Diffuser

When fast cars become cheap, the wrong type of people buy them
                and the e36 M3 is one of the biggest victims of this phenomenon" - BMW Car Magazine

Comment

I vote 2, 1, 3, 4

2- Great speed, handling, and a Porsche...can almost never go wrong with a Porsche
                  1- R8- Great car, but not sure how practical this car is as a daily driver....
                  3- Not a fan of Merc especially the C class. The interior feels cheap, and it seems like they cut alot of corners to get you that high HP number...
                  4- One of the worst SUVs IMHO and many others...Beyond the "status" of this car, I'm not sure what you are going to be paying for.

BTW- All these cars will have the same if not more expensive maintenance and parts compared to the M5.

Originally posted by LSB_M3 View Post
                  Hi all,

I decided to place my E60 M5 for sale due to expensive parts, expensive oil change, and massive gas consumption. The car sold immediately and I'm looking for my next ride.

I'm completely torn between the following cars:

(1) Audi R8 - 2009 model (8 cylinder). I LOVEEE the looks of the R8 but It's not a fast car. I can't afford the 10 cylinder one, but I'm thinking with the amount of speeding cameras and new ways to catch speeders, maybe I'm better off with a slower car.

(2) Porsche 997 Turbo - 2010 model. Also driven this one, not a comfortable car in general. Fast as hell, and from my research its a reliable car. I know the parts are expensive, but if I'm paying for expensive parts, might as well be for a porsche!

(3) Mercedes C63. I love the looks and sound of this car. Comfortable considering its a super saloon.

(4) Mercedes G55 - 2008 model. I drove one last week and I fell in love! The noise and the push; amazing. I love the classic look of this car, how its been the same for the past years and years.

Tell me what you think of these cars, and which would you choose? ;)

Thanks.

Comment

R8's gear is stupid and caveman worthy... G55 drives like a pick-up (although looks nice)

I would go for the Porsche any day... they C63 (stupid power but a lot of fun apparently)
                    sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mzsaad1 View Post
                      I vote 2, 1, 3, 4

2- Great speed, handling, and a Porsche...can almost never go wrong with a Porsche I agree.
                      1- R8- Great car, but not sure how practical this car is as a daily driver.... I drove it for 2 days, it was fine i guess
                      3- Not a fan of Merc especially the C class. The interior feels cheap, and it seems like they cut alot of corners to get you that high HP number... I agree about the interior yeah feels cheap
                      4- One of the worst SUVs IMHO and many others...Beyond the "status" of this car, I'm not sure what you are going to be paying for. Now here I disagree hahaha! I loved this car after driving it

BTW- All these cars will have the same if not more expensive maintenance and parts compared to the M5.
                      Originally posted by ahmad.alkhalil View Post
                      R8's gear is stupid and caveman worthy... G55 drives like a pick-up (although looks nice)

I would go for the Porsche any day... they C63 (stupid power but a lot of fun apparently)
                      Thanks for the opinion yeah sounds about right ;)
                      sigpic
                      Audi R8 - White / Blk
                      Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Do you need 4 seats?

If the car is for fun and general "hooning" around, then you cannot beat the porka. If you will have to ferry kids/family around as well as do a bit of "hooning" then C63 all day, every day.
                        1997 E36 M3 Evo: OMP bucket seats, Bilstein shocks & Eibach springs, Eisemann race rear muffler, 18"ASA AR1's, polybushed, short shifter,
                        2012 Camaro SS
                        2007 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab: 6" lift,
                        2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Comment

^ I thought I needed 4 seats and thats why I bought the M5. But then I rarely had anyone in the back.

I mean its good to have the extra seats and trunk space but its not essential, my wife's Jeep SRT8 is available :)
                          sigpic
                          Audi R8 - White / Blk
                          Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Just wanted to ask about sources for used cars in UAE. Many are telling me that such cars are cheaper in UAE compared to Kuwait.

I know dubizzle, autodealer.ae, and autotrader uae.

Any other source? I just want to browse around.

Thanks.
                            sigpic
                            Audi R8 - White / Blk
                            Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

That's pretty much it to be honest.
                              sigpic

2004 X5, HAMMAN - SOLD
                              2006 Z4M - SOLD
                              2006 Hummer H3 -CURRENT

Comment

Working...
                              X