Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PayPal

Hello all,

I need your thoughts and previous experiences on using PayPal. Not just in the U.S., mostly using it here in the U.A.E. to purchase from anywhere.

Any mistakes, scams or glitches?
    Is it as safe as they say it is?
    How safe is it to link your bank account and/or credit card to them? And what are the differences?

Who ever has had direct experience with using PayPal, please chime in. Your input will be much appreciated.

Please excuse the noobness but it's just a service that I have never used and would rather collect as much information on it from people that have used it before me prior to going ahead.

Again, your input will be much appreciated.

Thanks.
    sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
    Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
    LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
    P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
    Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Paypal has had my bank account and credit card info for well over ten years. Hundreds of purchases and never a single problem.

Comment

I use it all the time... so far so good!
      sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Agree....5 years a no problems....
        sigpic

2014 - M6 Gran Coupe

Comment

all what you need to know is that it works just fine and the cross AED-USD rate is 3.8

Comment

I bought my online credit card from Carrefour ( My Net Card ), no bank account no ID no interests nothing, just give them the cash that you want to put into the card and that's it !

Card Price = 10 AED

Balance = Up to 3500 AED

First thing I did was openning a paypal account, then shop and ship account.

Paypal is simple, easy and not a single issue until the moment. Best way for online payments and refunds. ;)
            sigpic
            07' HFP Accord | Current
            HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Big thanks to everyone for their input. Very highly appreciated.
              I haven't found anything negative on PayPal anywhere. Only hickup was a bunch of people faking e-mails impersonating PayPal and scamming a couple of people. But still, they got reported and that's all sorted out.

Again, thanks for the input everyone.
              sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
              Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
              LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
              P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
              Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Same here, been using it for over 13 years! Never had a problem.

The only thing I've witnessed is an email claimed to be from paypal that asks you to update your account or else your account will be closed. Once you click on the link, it will ask for your user name and password I believe. I know its a scam because it just doesnt make sense for paypal to cancel accounts over updates! I've recieved this same email several times. I just delete!

Paypal is safe and makes life easy when you want to purchase from outside! Almost every main website accepts paypal.
                sigpic
                Audi R8 - White / Blk
                Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Been using it for 13 years and zero problems.

Comment

Working...
                  X