Curse of the M3... Extended Warranty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curse of the M3... Extended Warranty

Since a lot of the E46 M3's are having problems, I thought I would post what I got from Warranty Plus a few weeks ago, regarding extended warranty:

More info @ Warranty Plus Website
    ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

wht if I dont have warranty in first place ....i can just go there n get my car warrantied !!! ???
    Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
    Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
    Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
    Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
    1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
    Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
    eMail:
    Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

I think so, give them a call
      ...petrolhead

Comment

hmmmm I would love to give them a call soon !!
        Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
        Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
        Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
        Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
        1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
        Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
        eMail:
        Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Thanks Rami for the post....It'll be money well spent :)

Comment

well the quotes for older cars significantly increase..... dont think its really worth it...the "get a quote" section quoted 11,000 for gold warranty premium....hmmmmm
            ________
            Gay Video
            Last edited by Wazif; 18-04-2011, 08:03 AM.
            Current
            E92 M3 - Mineral White
            F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
            E36 318is
            E39 540i ///M sport
            VW CC
            E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Thanks Rami for the useful post, my engine is under a 2 year (1 year left) warranty from Abu Dhabi motors, but id prefer having a full car extended warranty and I think this Warranty plus might help me. Need more info, will call them morning and see what they say, will let you know about it...

Comment

You can get the Gold package only if the milage on your car is less than 100K, if its aboive 100K you're entitled to get the Silver/Bronze package.

Comment

oK, ive spoken to Rawan at Warranty Plus. She said she can only give me the Silver package since my car's mileage is above 100K and that I can repair my car with Abu Dhabi Motors. This afternoon I took the list of parts included, sent by Warranty Plus to me, to Abu Dhabi Motors in Al Ain, spoke to Marcos (Senior Service Advisor) and he called Rawan. He was shocked that a company offers a warranty to a car which has a mileage of more than 100K + its an M5.

Anyways, Warranty Plus wants me to do a 45 point check (Cost=Dhs 1800) at the dealer, get all the parts fixed if any, then only they'll approve the warranty when the car is in 100% perfect condition.

How Warranty Plus works ? I take my car if its got any fault to the dealer, the dealer checks the fault and quotes a price, calls Warranty Plus to get the approval (Usually takes 3-4 Hours) and then they start the job on my car.

If the costs of repair exceeds Dhs 2500, ill have to pay the extra, or else they are limited to pay Dhs 2500. Marcos actually suggested me to go for the warranty since he knows my car will pass most of the points easily in the 45 point check, but im still thinking and confused :dunno:

Thought Id share the info with you guys, somebody might benefit.

Comment

thanks for letting us know ssense... can you ask rawan if they include the SMG pump in the list of items that is covered... and if so under which category does it fall? cz i can't find it anywhere.

Comment

She posted me the same list as Rami posted here. The SMG pump is not included, because when I asked her so many questions regarding my M5 she said its clear, only the parts as per the package given are the only ones that are covered. Any part not listed on the list is not covered by them.

Comment

I think she doesn't know what SMG is... i think they could consider it the same as the oil pump for an auto tranny
                        ...petrolhead

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
                          oK, ive spoken to Rawan at Warranty Plus. She said she can only give me the Silver package since my car's mileage is above 100K and that I can repair my car with Abu Dhabi Motors. This afternoon I took the list of parts included, sent by Warranty Plus to me, to Abu Dhabi Motors in Al Ain, spoke to Marcos (Senior Service Advisor) and he called Rawan. He was shocked that a company offers a warranty to a car which has a mileage of more than 100K + its an M5.

Anyways, Warranty Plus wants me to do a 45 point check (Cost=Dhs 1800) at the dealer, get all the parts fixed if any, then only they'll approve the warranty when the car is in 100% perfect condition.

How Warranty Plus works ? I take my car if its got any fault to the dealer, the dealer checks the fault and quotes a price, calls Warranty Plus to get the approval (Usually takes 3-4 Hours) and then they start the job on my car.

If the costs of repair exceeds Dhs 2500, ill have to pay the extra, or else they are limited to pay Dhs 2500. Marcos actually suggested me to go for the warranty since he knows my car will pass most of the points easily in the 45 point check, but im still thinking and confused :dunno:

Thought Id share the info with you guys, somebody might benefit.
                          hmm thanks a lot for sharing

2 questions;

1- have to pay >2500 for silver package? or gold as well?

2- how much?

Comment

Thanks for the link. I'm currently with Gulf Warranties and they just handled my claim for a new front right headlamp since my parking lamp bumb melted into the holder. no hassle at all, and props to Al Nadooba Audi for being perfect gentlemen about my claim.

The Warranty Plus looks good, but if the claim limit is AED5000 (per year or per incident), then I would be a bit concerned. I need to go check with Warranty Plus to see if they cover my gearbox and other expensive bits. The front headlamp cluster alone costs AED3000, and it would be easy to exceed that claim level in a year if just 2 incidents come up!

2006 Sprint Blue Audi RS4 : photography by lifegauge : Revo flash by TAM

Comment

I also called them today, and they said 5000 is per job.

btw Gulf Warranties is Warranty Plus from what I have read, just a change in name
                              ...petrolhead

Comment

Working...
                              X