Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the safest way???

Dear all,

What is the safest way to receive payment on a car from an international buyer?

I sometimes worry when the buyer asks for a lot of details and bank account info.

Please assist me on this ;)

Thanks.
    sigpic
    Audi R8 - White / Blk
    Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Ask for a bankers draft as opposed to electronic transfer, although with the requirement of IBAN numbers now it is somewhat more secure, but the draft is a physical payment, he can draw that and then courier through to you.....GL
    sigpic

2014 - M6 Gran Coupe

Comment

Banker's draft, true. If the funds clear then there is nothing to worry about.
      sigpic
      Audi R8 - White / Blk
      Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

As Mark ask him to send you this cheque. the bank will not issue that draft if the buyer doesnt have the funds in his account. you will receive a printed cheque issued by the bank which will have the money so no worries

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banker's_draft

having that said, it will be his turn not to trust you! hahaha

Comment

Yeah I don't know how this works out? I mean I can take the cheque, cash it and do nothing else lolll

But I'm mainly concerned because the guy didnt ask much about the car and immediately asked about the method of payment.

Lollll as i'm typing this, i get an email from the buyer saying due to the nature of his job he can not go to the bank and get a draft, he requested the following:
          bank name, account name, account number, country bank is located, copy of valid identity.

Hmmmmm I need to end this conversation with this buyer ;)
          sigpic
          Audi R8 - White / Blk
          Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Working...
          X