A shipping company to avoid...cars damaged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A shipping company to avoid...cars damaged

We've had quite an odyssey with a shipping company called Express Line in Dubai.

http://expresslineuae.wordpress.com/ More details from this link - short version below:

There's three containers in total with a total of six cars out of which five have had scratches, broken mirror, damaged rims etc. The company is not taking any responsibility to compensate the damages incurred to the vehicles, we have provided them with all the evidence, quotations to repair the issues from a few sources etc. but to no avail.

The damages have incurred during loading of the vehicles into the container, not during sea transport as the cars lashed so tight that the movement is non-existent during transportation. Also it is noteworthy that the damages were not incurred during unloading as we have been present to see the cars before they were taken out from the container and the issues mentioned in the blog were in the cars when the container(s) were opened.

Just thought to share this with everyone in case You are repatriating back to Your home country and are taking Your vehicles with You so You don't select a wrong shipping company which we unfortunately did. And by the way - they weren't even the cheapest one we got quotations from so this is not the case that You get what You pay for ;)

Edit:

Please note: we have been discussing with them for weeks about the issues in the 1st shipment to no avail apart from that lousy 50% offer which was provided. I have informed them about the damages the BMW has sustained and they haven't replied back to me yet as the shipment just arrived this week - however based on the previous experience I am not holding my breath to get anything out from them. So I still need to wait and see what they say about the BMW. Wish me luck

In the latest - and luckily last - container I got my M5, 930 Porsche and a KTM bike from these guys and my M5 had a few small scratches in the wheel spokes and some small scuff on the lips (damage in the spokes again due to the same reason as previously: steel chain directly to the wheel - this time there were some cardboard and stuff like that between the wheel and the chain so this protected them a bit, not fully but a bit), a bigger scratch in the front bumper and in the mirror in passenge side; most likely due to the fact that the car has been reversed into the container slightly sideways and these parts have touched the container wall; which incidentally happens to be white ;) (pics below), some scratches in the horn button?! most likely the reason is that the guy who drove the car into the container had to climb out from the window of the car to get out and his shoe has hit the horn button, and lastly one of the drivers seats adjustment is not workign anymore - the button basically 'fell off' when I tried to adjust the position of the seat. I'll post the pics of all of these things later on today. And I guess it goes without saying, that none of these issues have been with the car prior to shipping...

(I'll take better pics and post them here accordingly)

Pics of some damage to my M5:

Last edited by findxb; 25-07-2012, 08:26 AM.

Thats a sad story.. Although its weird that they wont take any responsibility as there should it should be written in the contract..
    sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
    E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
    E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
    E23 735i - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by springz View Post
      Thats a sad story.. Although its weird that they wont take any responsibility as there should it should be written in the contract..
      Well it is a sad story indeed. EP have admitted that they were responsible for the damage of the wheels in the previous shipment, then somehow magically they offered us around 50% from what it costs to repair the damages to the wheels based on the quotations we have received. Their counter offer is not based on anything per se. Bigger damage which the Mercedes sustained they haven't admitted anything as they are saying the carrier is responsible (their argument is that the damage has been sustained during transportation which is highly unlikely as the cars haven't moved in the container as they were lashed so tight etc.) even though it is pretty evident the damage was sustained during loading of the vehicles into the container to begin with. It is 100% sure that the damage was not sustained during unloading of the container as we were standing next to the container when it was opened.

Good suggestions would be welcome on how to get this thing sorted. Is the only option going to Dubai small claims court? And if this is the case what happens to the travel costs as we need to travel there now? Looks like EP is betting on the fact that as we're not in DXB any more we will drop the case and they can walk away smelling like a rose...

Please note: we have been discussing with them for weeks about the issues in the 1st shipment to no avail apart from that lousy 50% offer which was provided. I have informed them about the damages the BMW has sustained and they haven't replied back to me yet - however based on the previous experience I am not holding my breath to get anything out from them. So I still need to wait and see what they say about the BMW. Wish me luck ;)
      Last edited by findxb; 25-07-2012, 08:23 AM.

Comment

painful experience! wish you the best and hope you recover what is rightful from them....
        Current
        E92 M3 - Mineral White
        F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
        E36 318is
        E39 540i ///M sport
        VW CC
        E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Originally posted by Wazif View Post
          painful experience! wish you the best and hope you recover what is rightful from them....
          Few more pics of the damages:

Comment

Working...
          X